Massachusetts
✟586,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do you ever feel extremely empathetic? Almost as if you absorb the negative attitudes of those around you?
"Test all things; hold fast what is good." (1 Thessalonians 5:21)

So, yes God does want us to test everything. But this means prayerfully.

So, yes test which attitudes and emotions are acceptable.

"Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you." (James 4:7)

"nor give place to the devil." (Ephesians 4:27)

If thinking and attitudes and emotions are in the Holy Spirit of God's love, these will help us to be loving and caring, in gentle and humble love > Jesus is "gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls." (in Matthew 11:28-30)

So, this is the same answer I would have given to you in your thread about analytical thinking.

You asked,

"How does one remain faithful while struggling with analytical thoughts?"

You said someone has a problem with "questioning things constantly."

And you shared, "all they can see are flaws."

We can prayerfully test each item. In my case, Lady Lou, I have been very fast to just criticize people. I might be right about how someone is wrong, but Jesus does not want me to only self-righteously judge anyone, but care about each person, have compassion with prayer with hope for the person >

Love "hopes all things" (in 1 Corinthians 13:7).

"He can have compassion on those who are ignorant and going astray, since he himself is also subject to weakness." (Hebrews 5:2)

So, even if I give in, first, to wrong thinking and reacting, now I can trust God to correct me and have me loving and caring instead. And something interesting has happened > as I get more into seeking correction, then praying for people, it seems those imagined ones in my mind don't want to stay around, or they don't come in the first place. Satan does not bring them for a prayer meeting!!

And in case a person is criticizing how things are going for him or her >

"Do all things without complaining and disputing," (in Philippians 2:13-16)

"be content with such things as you have" (n Hebrews 13:5).

Even if something in our life really is wrong because of what others have done, still with God we can make His good use of it. Even take advantage of however wrong people do what is wrong. And appreciate that we have God, plus share more with Christian people so we can feed on how they love; then our attention will be more to loving, instead of merely to how our circumstances are going.

Do not isolate yourself, then, with only things in your own life.

"Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth." (Colossians 3:2)

But I will offer > plenty of us do not do this. We even know this but keep failing. So, you are not as alone as you might feel. Do not be fooled by that. We all need our Father through Jesus, to correct us more and more so we are busy with pleasing and enjoying God and appreciating how we can share with one another as His family.

And in my case, if I get alone for my pleasure seeking, my weakness for the pleasure can help keep me weak so I can keep suffering troubling things of paranoia. Weakness for selfish pleasure can help keep me weak for pain later. But as I get stronger and more wise against one, I get also better and more mature against the other :)

But the Holy Spirit gives us more and more self control in God's love with almighty power to keep us. Consider also Philippians 4:6-7 about how prayer can keep us in God's love with His peace almighty to guard our hearts and minds.

So, yes, God considers this realistic to expect of all of us - - - because of how He is able to make us stable. This is impossible for all of us, without God. So, trust Him >

"casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you." (1 Peter 5:7)

Whatever is your concern about this, trust this to Him. But He does have people to help us. His guiding is in His peace. So, do not trust any stinking thinking or negative and nasty reacting; if we do give in to that stuff, admit this and leave it behind and do not commit yourself to whatever the nasty stuff had you deciding, but trust God and His word and His good examples.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Invalidusername

May 11, 2018
Battle Creek
✟70,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
After I backslid I am incapable of feeling love now. It's worse once you know what love is and what it means and then you lose the ability. But I can give you this one suggestion, God is love so He is the only source of it. If you want love then you need more of God.

Upvote 0

EzekielsWheels

Site Supporter
Oct 3, 2018
Southeast
Visit site
✟90,626.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If you are having trouble speaking words of love or feeling things perhaps try expressing yourself in another way maybe through journaling, drawing, painting, music, clay work, etc.. This would be a way to engage another part of your mind and potential outlet to expressing yourself. I have also found if things are overwhelming that taking long deep breaths in and out has been helpful for me or doing a long count to 10 or in increments of 10 or 5.

I agree with the above that meditating on the word is key. If you think of these feelings as waves or a tempest remember that God stopped the waves and the tempest with his word. I pray he stills the waves within you and you are filled with the peace that is in Christ Jesus.

Upvote 0

EzekielsWheels

Site Supporter
Oct 3, 2018
Southeast
Visit site
✟90,626.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
After I backslid I am incapable of feeling love now. It's worse once you know what love is and what it means and then you lose the ability. But I can give you this one suggestion, God is love so He is the only source of it. If you want love then you need more of God.
I pray the love of God richly indwells you and that whatever blocks are in place to you feeling that love are dissolved in the name of Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0