Visit site
✟40,090.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Last year, the Welsh team won the "Grand Slam"- all their matches. This year, we just avoided the wooden spoon, we lost to England and France and Ireland and drew with Italy. We only beat Scotland.
*sigh*
It was too good to last.
The team will now have to go into hiding...

Upvote 0

dignitized

Aug 5, 2005
✟29,618.00
Cat59 said:
Last year, the Welsh team won the "Grand Slam"- all their matches. This year, we just avoided the wooden spoon, we lost to England and France and Ireland and drew with Italy. We only beat Scotland.
*sigh*
It was too good to last.
The team will now have to go into hiding...
Good to hear that Ireland won. :) I may be part welsh - but I'm in love with Ireland. :)

Upvote 0

ravenscape

Free Crazy Liz
Dec 19, 2004
Norton's Empire
✟58,184.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Glad you guys are home out of the crowds now :)

I took Thing 1 to a science lecture this morning and then we went out to lunch. Thing 2 is helping out at a "bike rodeo" for cub scouts. Most of the boy scouts who were supposed to help backed out at the last minute. He's gonna come home exhausted in an hour or so.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

White Horse

Natural born world shaker
May 3, 2005
✟49,668.00
Faith
Christian
ravenscape said:
Glad you guys are home out of the crowds now :)

I took Thing 1 to a science lecture this morning and then we went out to lunch. Thing 2 is helping out at a "bike rodeo" for cub scouts. Most of the boy scouts who were supposed to help backed out at the last minute. He's gonna come home exhausted in an hour or so.

My Things 1 and 2 helped me in the yard this morning and I didn't get a complaint from either of them. That completely blew me away. ^_^

Upvote 0

Cat59

Just me
Aug 28, 2003
Beautiful Wales
Visit site
✟40,090.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
ravenscape said:
Thing 1 is 17 and Thing 2 is 14.
Same as my two!
I find it hard to believe they're so old now..they're both taller than me too, which makes it worse, especially like today, when I have to try and tell them off.
(Didn't take much notice of me. Just kept calling me titchy..)

Upvote 0

ravenscape

Free Crazy Liz
Dec 19, 2004
Norton's Empire
✟58,184.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Eternal Joy said:

You must have met them! :D

White Horse said:
My Things 1 and 2 helped me in the yard this morning and I didn't get a complaint from either of them. That completely blew me away. ^_^
Would blow me away too! :eek:

Cat59 said:
Same as my two!
I find it hard to believe they're so old now..they're both taller than me too, which makes it worse, especially like today, when I have to try and tell them off.
(Didn't take much notice of me. Just kept calling me titchy..)
Last night, Thing 2 announced that he was old enough that he doesn't have to call me "Mom" anymore. I think he was joking....:(

They're both far taller than me. Thing 1 is now the tallest member of the family, so I'm not the only one in the home dwarfed by offspring anymore.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Cat59

Just me
Aug 28, 2003
Beautiful Wales
Visit site
✟40,090.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Son2 came to Lourdes with my group about two years ago and decided to call me by my name all week, which he did (it's a trip for children.) When he got back though, I was back to being mum quite quickly!! It was quite amusing to see peoples reactions that first day when he kept calling me **** (insert my real name here) instead of mum.

Upvote 0

dignitized

Aug 5, 2005
✟29,618.00
Cat59 said:
Son2 came to Lourdes with my group about two years ago and decided to call me by my name all week, which he did (it's a trip for children.) When he got back though, I was back to being mum quite quickly!! It was quite amusing to see peoples reactions that first day when he kept calling me **** (insert my real name here) instead of mum.
:scratch: I still call me mum Mum or Ma. MOTHER when I am annoyed with her . . . . Or Old Lady when I want to torment her . . . ;)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.