Vancouver
✟39,189.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm reviewing this thread after being away for a few days and I see that none of my challenges above were met by either our resident SDA or Catholic. Not a one! Not really surprising as there's no Biblical backing for your original claims so there's nothing to contradict my rebuttal of those claims. Get back to the Bible people and never take your eyes off it.

Upvote 0

Richard.20.12

Dec 13, 2020
Vancouver
✟39,189.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That ^ is speculation, but what we do know is that there were quite a few devotees who considered her utterances to be prophesy or remarkable insights, etc. and who treated her that way.

Oh really. So because she fooled some people before we should follow her down that twisted path today? I asked before for someone to tell us some of her prophecies. Haven't heard a peep in response. "By their fruits ye shall know them". What were these hallowed writings that told of the future, pray tell? You're pretty quiet in here!

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟476,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Thank you for confirming that the Catholic is not in the Bible. You can blab on and on about different Christian organizations and the myriad of interpretations out there but I prefer to go to the source. The Bible. And in the Bible its very clear that our focus should be on:
God the Father
Jesus Christ the Son
The Holy Spirit
Because when we read the Bible that is exactly the focus of everyone in it. Well, everyone that was approved of God.
These are who guide us.
These are who we pray to.
These are who we give thanks and praise to.

I did not confirm any such thing. The word Katholic in Greek means “According to the Whole” and the doctrine of the One, Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church, which you can interpret however you want, it doesn’t have to be the way the Roman Catholics interpret it (where Catholicity comes from communion with the Pope) or how I think one could argue the SDA would interpret it if they admitted the word Catholic (which would be churches in a partial doctrinal union where the essential doctrines involve the absolute priority of tje ten commandments and the belief that Sunday worship is sinful and Saturday worship is required; I could be wrong on this point however because Adventist orthodoxy is a complex issue, because, for example, they stress the importance of Sola Scriptura, yet it seems like the prophecies of Ellen White are not an optional part of belief; I am hoping to discuss this further.

However, belief in some form of Catholicity (Universality or doctrinal wholeness) is part of the Nicene Creed, like the belief in the deity of Christ and His consubstantiality with the Father, and likewise the Holy Spirit, and that’s part of the Christian Forums Statement of Faith, which everyone should read.

I do agree that we should only worship God the Father, Son and Holy Ghost and I am pretty sure to say otherwise would violate the Nicene Creed and make me non Christian.

However I do venerate the Blessed Virgin Mary since she gave birtj to Mesus Christ, who is God Incarnate, and was blessed to have Nim as a son. Imagine having the only sinless and infinitely loving man who ever lived, who was also the only begotten son and the divine Logos, as your son?

By the way I am not Roman Catholic but am a Protestant Clergyman, I am the minister, more specifically the teaching elder, of a pair of Congregationalist missions.

• Informative
Reactions: Landon Caeli
Upvote 0

Torah Keeper

Jun 2, 2013
Tennessee
✟37,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I used to attend the SDA church for years. I read a lot of Ellen White, including rare books most SDAs probably never read.

Ellen White claimed she was a prophetess. She said an angel spoke to her. She said she went to other planets. She said she saw Enoch. She said all sorts of stuff.

The more I read of her, the less inclined I was to consider her a prophetess. Eventually I stopped attending the SDA church.

My advice to SDAs who reject Ellen White, is to become Messianic.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I used to attend the SDA church for years. I read a lot of Ellen White, including rare books most SDAs probably never read.

Ellen White claimed she was a prophetess. She said an angel spoke to her. She said she went to other planets. She said she saw Enoch. She said all sorts of stuff.

The more I read of her, the less inclined I was to consider her a prophetess. Eventually I stopped attending the SDA church.

My advice to SDAs who reject Ellen White, is to become Messianic.

I share her commentary on the life of Christ with non-SDAs all the time. I really enjoy it.

what is more - I study SDA doctrine and test it sola-scriptura. I love doing that as well.

Upvote 0