Wayne, MI
✟8,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Greetings, everyone. I just wanted to see your thoughts on the Elijah prophesied to come in the future. I've been watching George Chuang's videos on the subject for a while now. Do any of you believe he's destined to appear soon? If so, what type of man do you think he'll be? Y'know, his age and personality and mission?

Some people claim Elijah's already come and gone, but I don't agree, since nothing has been restored significantly, miracles haven't occurred and the Messiah wasn't properly announced to come.

I've just been really curious about the matter for a long time now. Please tell me your thoughts on him.

Randy777

Oct 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟91,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Greetings, everyone. I just wanted to see your thoughts on the Elijah prophesied to come in the future. I've been watching George Chuang's videos on the subject for a while now. Do any of you believe he's destined to appear soon? If so, what type of man do you think he'll be? Y'know, his age and personality and mission?

Some people claim Elijah's already come and gone, but I don't agree, since nothing has been restored significantly, miracles haven't occurred and the Messiah wasn't properly announced to come.

I've just been really curious about the matter for a long time now. Please tell me your thoughts on him.
Thats because Jesus implied it was John the baptist. Matt 7-10-13
And he will go before him in the spirit and power of Elijah, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just, to make ready for the Lord a people prepared.

Upvote 0

MyGivenNameIsKeith

Oct 16, 2017
xcxb xcvb n bv b
✟33,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
John the Baptist went before him in the spirit and power of Elijah, but he was not truly Elijah. Just as Elisha was not Elijah, but took up his mantle afterwards and proceeded in his power and spirit. But make no mistake, Elijah will come, for Elijah has not died. And every man owes that death as wages for sin. This applies to Enoch as well, the other "end time prophet" (there are two witnesses). That is the significance of them dying and being raised up in the end times. But truly it will not be seen in the sense that most think. As Jesus says, you will not see any signs or whatnot except the sign of Jonas. Basically, those that tell you to repent, just as Jonas spoke to the city of Ninevah, warning them of their sin and urging to repent.

Upvote 0

Randy777

Oct 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟91,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
John the Baptist went before him in the spirit and power of Elijah, but he was not truly Elijah. Just as Elisha was not Elijah, but took up his mantle afterwards and proceeded in his power and spirit. But make no mistake, Elijah will come, for Elijah has not died. And every man owes that death as wages for sin. This applies to Enoch as well, the other "end time prophet" (there are two witnesses). That is the significance of them dying and being raised up in the end times. But truly it will not be seen in the sense that most think. As Jesus says, you will not see any signs or whatnot except the sign of Jonas. Basically, those that tell you to repent, just as Jonas spoke to the city of Ninevah, warning them of their sin and urging to repent.
In the Spirit and power of Elijah. In other words "from God" is the importance not the person. Do you think then Jesus, (The head of the body of Christ), answered the question wrong or was mistaken?

Upvote 0

Randy777

Oct 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟91,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I would state the names of the two witnesses were NOT given so we can't with any degree of confidence state who the two witnesses are. I would presume they are two who are born and raised in those days not two from the past. God can freely cancel any debt He chooses. The two witnesses will come with the power and authority and Spirit from God. The two witnesses will be given power to shut up the sky so it doesn't rain and call down any plague they wish and turn the waters into blood. And no power will be able to stop them until this last testimony has been completed. 1260 days for God warns and warns upfront. And if any can believe in those days they will believe and saved. (redeemed)
So like John the baptist and Elijah the two witnesses will come in like manner. "In the spirit and power of Elijah.
This is the sign Jesus spoke of - Himself in a metaphor
He answered, “A wicked and adulterous generation asks for a miraculous sign ! But none will be given it except the sign of the prophet Jonah. 40 For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of a huge fish, so the Son of Man will be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth. 4

Upvote 0

MyGivenNameIsKeith

Oct 16, 2017
xcxb xcvb n bv b
✟33,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In the Spirit and power of Elijah. In other words "from God" is the importance not the person. Do you think then Jesus, (The head of the body of Christ), answered the question wrong or was mistaken?
No, he wasn't wrong or mistaken. It is, however, a spiritual statement. If it were literally Elijah, his name would not have been John. That rather goes without saying. However you fail to address the elephant in the room.
Hebrews 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
1 Corinthians 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
These are just two verses out of several that state all men will die. It is our flesh nature that must be put off in order to put on immortality.
Enoch and Elijah have never died this death.
While God can do anything, he will not lie. His word is true. Therefore, that's who they are. Otherwise his Word states that there are two men who have never died and will live forever. Seeing as how Jesus will come a second time, there needs to be "an Elijah" there as well as per Scriptures. John was in the Spirit and power of Elijah, so "spiritually" it is Elijah, but it isn't really him. We are not reincarnated into other people. So you've largely missed the point of Jesus saying in Matthew 11:14 And if ye will receive it, this is Elias, which was for to come. However John himself in John 1:21 And they asked him, What then? Art thou Elias? And he saith, I am not. Art thou that prophet? And he answered, No. So while both statements seemingly conflict, spiritually they do not. The only way for them both to be correct is for them to both be correct. That is also why Jesus states afterwards in Matthew 11:15 He that hath ears to hear, let him hear. (understand) Likewise, the Jews of the day did not understand either because they did not spiritually "get it".
It is also worthy to note, that in the days of Enoch it had not rained. Upon his son, Methuselah, it was imparted that upon Methuselah's death, the rain and Flood would come. Hence the name Methuselah means his death brings judgment. Elijah also stopped the rain (1 kings). So they already have the power and spirit which God gave them.
Concerning signs, Like the parable of the ten virgins, it best to be prepared for the groom, rather than wait until he comes then get the oil. Did not Jonah preach to Ninevah of the impending judgment upon their city? Can you not as Jesus said, read the signs of the times? Think what you will, interpretation is not a private matter. While the longevity of his plush lodging in the fish is metaphorically identified with Christ and his resurrection, it is not the sign of the second coming. it is a metaphor FOR his death and resurrection. Just repent....

Upvote 0

Randy777

Oct 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟91,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No, he wasn't wrong or mistaken. It is, however, a spiritual statement. If it were literally Elijah, his name would not have been John. That rather goes without saying. However you fail to address the elephant in the room.
Hebrews 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
1 Corinthians 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
These are just two verses out of several that state all men will die. It is our flesh nature that must be put off in order to put on immortality.
Enoch and Elijah have never died this death.
While God can do anything, he will not lie. His word is true. Therefore, that's who they are. Otherwise his Word states that there are two men who have never died and will live forever. Seeing as how Jesus will come a second time, there needs to be "an Elijah" there as well as per Scriptures. John was in the Spirit and power of Elijah, so "spiritually" it is Elijah, but it isn't really him. We are not reincarnated into other people. So you've largely missed the point of Jesus saying in Matthew 11:14 And if ye will receive it, this is Elias, which was for to come. However John himself in John 1:21 And they asked him, What then? Art thou Elias? And he saith, I am not. Art thou that prophet? And he answered, No. So while both statements seemingly conflict, spiritually they do not. The only way for them both to be correct is for them to both be correct. That is also why Jesus states afterwards in Matthew 11:15 He that hath ears to hear, let him hear. (understand) Likewise, the Jews of the day did not understand either because they did not spiritually "get it".
It is also worthy to note, that in the days of Enoch it had not rained. Upon his son, Methuselah, it was imparted that upon Methuselah's death, the rain and Flood would come. Hence the name Methuselah means his death brings judgment. Elijah also stopped the rain (1 kings). So they already have the power and spirit which God gave them.
Concerning signs, Like the parable of the ten virgins, it best to be prepared for the groom, rather than wait until he comes then get the oil. Did not Jonah preach to Ninevah of the impending judgment upon their city? Can you not as Jesus said, read the signs of the times? Think what you will, interpretation is not a private matter. While the longevity of his plush lodging in the fish is metaphorically identified with Christ and his resurrection, it is not the sign of the second coming. it is a metaphor FOR his death and resurrection. Just repent....
I don't think Elijah and Enoch are going to suddenly appear on earth in human bodies. If that were so God would have given the names of the two witnesses.
Randy

Upvote 0

MyGivenNameIsKeith

Oct 16, 2017
xcxb xcvb n bv b
✟33,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't think Elijah and Enoch are going to suddenly appear on earth in human bodies. If that were so God would have given the names of the two witnesses.
Randy
The Word of God reveals all things according to his time. It is not our own understanding upon which we should lean.

Upvote 0

Yekcidmij

Presbyterian, Polymath
Feb 18, 2002
East Coast
✟232,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thats because Jesus implied it was John the baptist. Matt 7-10-13
And he will go before him in the spirit and power of Elijah, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just, to make ready for the Lord a people prepared.

Matthew seemed pretty explicit when he said it was John the Baptist:

Matt 11:14 And if you are willing to accept it, he is Elijah, who is to come. 11:15 The one who has ears had better listen!

Upvote 0