Aug 24, 2006
✟21,263.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My family and I are in between churches and have no body of believers to pray with about this, I know there is great power in corporate prayer so I thought I would come here and seek group prayer with you believers at CF.

My father in law was widowed a few years back and he's taken it really hard. He is in his late 70's now and about a year and a half ago this young woman started hanging around his house. She told him all sorts of lies and stories about needing help, not having a social security number so she couldn't work, had no car, was living in a shack down the road... on an on.

After we found out about her and her story I did some research only to find that this woman has a criminal record a mile long, drug offenses, a weapon offense, abandoned her children... on and on. She's also admitted to being a heroin addict.

My father in law was lonely and needing a purpose and he felt like "helping her" was a good thing. Over a year later what you see is a sinful relationship where he is a taxi cab for her to pick up drugs and maybe even sell them and he's clueless about it. She's staying at his home off and on and worse :o:doh:

Recently my husband went to stay with him for a few days and he is certain this woman is using drugs in the home and may even be selling them, her pattern of coming and going all hours of the night and appearing to be high make things pretty clear.

My father in law is a smart man, but he is totally clueless about the drug culture and what is going on. Smart or not we fear he's in a really bad situation. Now through actions he's taken like storing his valuables with family and locking his doors when he's gone, something he never did in the past, we think he is starting to suspect this woman is trouble, but may be afraid to tell her to leave and to proud to ask for help even though it's been offered. Also there's the loneliness factor, he's afraid of being alone.

This man was a believer who lived like a Christian, he had good morals and principals and now, in his old age, he's fallen and he REALLY REALLY NEEDS PRAYER.

We've tried talking to him, even pleading with him, God is the only answer at this point.

All prayer and any suggestions would be much appreciated.

God bless you all.

servant of Merciful Love

Goodbye~God bless
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2008
✟2,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Your intentions will be in my prayers.

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen

[FONT=bookman old style, new york, times, serif]God bless you †
Gail
[/FONT]

Upvote 0

ForeverHopeful

Senior Veteran
Jun 19, 2006
✟11,669.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Father, nothing is too hard for you. In Jesus name I pray for THY perfect will. Make a way where there seems no way, to help this Father, who is lonely and trying to help someone. Meet each of his needs for you know what is best. Thank you for this and for joining us in prayer. Amen

Upvote 0

Elshevia

Feb 29, 2008
England
✟9,141.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
UK-Labour
Dear MaidforHim, I am so sorry that Your Father-in law has falling into this situation, I understand just what it feels like to be in his situation of being alone, It Seems to me that he needs intercession, to be rid of this hanger on,
Holy Father, I come before You to-day, and I Pray to you in the Mighty all Powerful name of Jesus of Nazerath, and I ask You to Protect this vunerable man from this Woman, who is taking advantage of Him, I ask You to send Warrior Angels to protect him, to send her away , not to allow her access to his Home. I ask for a hedge of protection around his home that nothing can penetrate, not even her voice, for she will try to get back to where she can do the enemy's work, this man belongs to our Lord, Father, I ask You to send someone to him that will come from you, to give him the comfort he needs at this time, to give him the joy that is beyond understanding
Thank You Father for hearing My Prayer. Amen.
Elshevia.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Stephanie7

Senior Veteran
Jun 6, 2004
✟111,104.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Father God, protect the man, convict the woman that she may not use his kindness or his money, generosity or willingness to help for anything evil. I ask according to thy Will that if he is in any danger of abuse or harm, that You will get him out of this situation, In Jesus Name, Amen

Upvote 0