Eddie Long and the Torah Scroll

Gxg (G²)

Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7)
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I have to agree, and said so earlier in this thread.

It was his congregation. His responsibility as their leader. He should have stood up, spoken up and stopped it, cold. Then he could make his apologies to his congregation instead of the Anti-defamation League.

But the Ruakh was not present and the spirit that was there had no problem with the proceedings.

His written apology rang hollow in my ears, but it is to G-d he must also apologize, and G-d who will be his righteous Judge.

There were alot of emotions that arose on the issue when I heard of the entire blow up---although as said before, I was more frustrated at Messer than Long for the ordeal---and alot of the emotions that came up were anger. Some days you wake up/feel like praying things in line with the more "Militant" psalms...known as the Imprecatory Psalms such as Psalm 35, Psalm 56, Psalm 58:9-11, Psalm 68:22-24, Psalms 69:4, Psalm 69:7-9; Psalm 35:19, Psalm 109:3, Psalm 139:18-34, 2 Samuel 3:22-30, Kings 2:22-24 , etc)....the ones about "may they be cursed" or "crush them" (be it things physical of spiritual)---and it definately makes prayer time more interesting....though when it comes to righteous anger toward folks like Messer or Long, sometimes you wonder if maybe it'd be good to pray that the Lord hand the man over to Satan like Paul prayed for Alexander/Hymeneus ( 1 Timothy 1:17-20 )---or pray as many of Imprecatory Psalms go....not out of personal vengence...but really wanting to see things straightened out.

For even when the psalmist prayed such prayers, he still hoped that God's judgements would serve as a warning that would lead at least some of the wicked to repentance.. "Cover their faces with shame so that men will seek your name, O LORD" (Psalm 83:16)--and he never forget his own need for mercy/grace with God's justice. Some folks, of course, are of the mindset that such prayers cannot happen for NT believers since they go counter (in their view) toward what the NT Teachings say about blessing enemies ( Luke 9:53-55, Proverbs 20:19-21 Ecclesiastes 10:19-20, Romans 12:13-15, James 3:8-10 , etc ).....but I'm not so certain. Even Paul seemed to do so repeatedly ( 1 Corinthians 16:21-23, Galatians 1:8, etc )--Paul even proclaiming against Bar-Jesus/smoke surrounding him as a result (Acts 13:18 ).

For some good study material/reference:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7)
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Is this a spin off from an incorrect translation of 1 Peter 2:9 where it reads king and should read kingdom?

Much of it spreads from a bad ideology on understanding what it means to be kings in Christ....if you've ever heard of Long discuss what it means to live like a King's Kid"

Upvote 0