• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.
  7. There has been an addition to the announcement regarding unacceptable nick names. The phrase "Let's go Brandon" actually stands for a profanity and will be seen as a violation of the profanity rule in the future.

ECF's list - grand experiment

Discussion in 'Eschatology - Endtimes & Prophecy Forum' started by Douggg, Jun 17, 2021.

1. Douggg

Douggg anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist

+2,625
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Another grand experiment. Please make a post and I will add the name(s) from your post of the ECF's into the Early Church Fathers list in this first post.

This thread is intended to be for the forum members' mutual information and benefit, not intended to be a debate thread. If you want to debate for some reason, please start another thread concerning specific issues you may have.

I will start the list. Just provide the information. You can just do it like this...

Origen 184AD-253AD 69years Alexander, Egypt; Tyre Phoenice

Early Church Fathers list:

35AD-99AD.......Clement..........64 years......Rome, Roman Empire
    60AD-130AD.....Papias.............70 years......Pamukkale, Turkey (Hierapolis)
    69AD-155AD.....Polycarp..........86 years.....Smyrna, Roman Empire
    100 AD (?)........Ignatius..........unknown.....Province of Syria, Roman Empire
    100AD-165AD....Justin Martyr...65 years....Syria; Rome, Roman Empire
    130AD-202AD....Irenaeus.........72 years.....Lyon, France
    155AD-220AD....Tertullian........65 years....Carthage
    170AD-235AD....Hippolytus......65 years....Rome
    184AD-253AD
    ....Origen.............69 years....Alexandria,Egypt ; Tyre, Phoenice
    210AD-258AD....Cyprian............48 years...Carthage
    280AD-345AD....Aphrahat.........65 years....Persia
    296AD-373AD....Athanasius......77 years....Alexandria, Roman Egypt
    305AD-384AD....Damasus I.......79 years....Rome, Italy

306AD-373AD....Ephrem............67 years....Nisibis, Turkey
    310AD-367AD....Hilary..............57 years....Poitiers, France
    340AD-397AD....Ambrose..........57 years....Milan, Italy
    342AD-420AD....Jerome.............78 years....Antioch; Constantinople; Rome
    347AD-407AD....John Chrysostom...60 years..Constanstinople, Greece
    354AD-430AD....Augustine.........75 years....Annaba, Algeria (Numbia)
    376AD-444AD....Cyril..................68 years....Alexandria, Roman Egypt
    unknow-462AD..Isaac (Antioch)...unknown....Antioch
    540AD-604AD....Gregory (pope)..64 years....Rome, Italy
    560AD-636AD....Isidore (RCC)....76 years....Seville, Spain
    580AD-662AD....Maximus...........82 years....Carthage
    613AD-700AD....Isaac (Nineveh)..87 years....Nineveh
    675AD-747AD....John Damascene..72 years...Jerusalem

Later Church Fathers list:

1328AD-1384AD....John Wycliffe....56 years....England
    1483AD-1546AD....Martin Luther....62 years....Germany, Holy Roman Empire
    1494AD-1536AD....William Tyndale....42 years....England

1509AD-1564AD....John Calvin....54 years....France
    1514AD-1572AD....John Knox......59 years....Scottland
    1515AD-1563AD....Sebastian Castellio...48 years....France
    1703AD-1791AD....John Wesley...87 years....England, colonies in America

Last edited: Jul 1, 2021
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Douggg

+2,625
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private

Last edited: Jun 17, 2021
  3. Jeffwhosoever

Jeffwhosoever Faithful Servant & Seminary Student Staff Member Assistant Chaplain Angels Team Supporter

+2,881
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    Doug this may take some time and I didn't want you to think no one was interested in helping you add to this list, so give me a few days and don't be discouraged. Great idea and one that will be really beneficial!

4. Douggg

+2,625
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    bump.

5. Handmaid for Jesus

Handmaid for Jesus You can't steal my joy Supporter

+30,907
    Protestant
    Private
    US-Others
    IMHO this should be sticked

6. Douggg

+2,625
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    I added Martin Luther, John Calvin, John Wesley, John Wycliffe, John Knox, William Tyndale.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. grafted branch

grafted branch Well-Known Member Supporter

+122
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Doug, I think it would be helpful if the church fathers could be categorized into an end time view that they held. I know you’re trying to avoid debate on this thread so perhaps when someone wants a church father to be tagged with a specific end time view you could list that view along with the users name and post number that contains the reason they think the church father held that view.

I don’t know if this would work or not, just a suggestion.

8. Douggg

+2,625
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    I think it would be too difficult, and also controversial, to attempt that sort of categorization.

Because an end time view involves so many elements, like who their position on the Antichrist was; their rapture timing view; their general view i.e. futurists, historist, preterist; are they amil, premil, etc.

imo, that sort of categorizing would take a spread sheet, with many many columns, with checks marks in a matrix beside each name. It would be very very very complex.

I think the best thing is just leave it up to posters, when they reference an individual in their post on whatever topic and content they are discussing - is to copy and paste the basic stats from the list in the opening post of this thread, as providing an information service to the readers of their post.

9. Douggg

+2,625
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    I added Sebastian Castellio to the list.