Visit site
✟268,078.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
1. There is insistence on this point with disregarding what I showed. Since there is repetition of this, I say more about it below.
2. Passover was in memorial to people of Israel being passed over with blood from a lamb on their doorpost, the meat was to be roasted, any of it remaining the next day was to be burned. So they had meat to eat for that day, but this which was told them did not require all to be eating meat, most chose to eat meat anyway, but one who chose not to wouldn't, in the way Daniel chose not to. This particular thing doesn't prove what Jesus did. Scripture passages conspicuously don't speak of meat at his last supper, the symbolic food that alone is mentioned is the bread and the wine, and bread and wine should still be used in remembrance.
3. You don't understand because you won't consider the scripture passages that I linked to, and look such up that you suggested you would. After asking if they had food there, Luke 24:42-43, so they gave him a piece of broiled fish and some honeycomb, he took and ate in their presence. That is the scripture, you can look into it. Does it mean he just ate fish? Why not that he just ate from the honeycomb? You can't tell. It doesn't seem likely that he ate both together, who would? You can guess he ate fish, but it just that guess. From what I know from scriptures and what is shown of Jesus, I very much suspect that he didn't have that.
4. This point really shows the passages I linked to aren't even looked at.
5. I speak for myself and don't answer for the OP. What I have said does have basis from scriptures, and what you use for your permission still is with you disregarding what is really said for you, and what you don't have permission in.

Strong in Him said:
I have looked up Luke 24:42-43 in several versions, including my interlinear Greek Bible, and only the King James and NKJ say anything about honeycomb.
So if this isn't even in the Greek, where does it come from?

It is from the Greek of the new testament, it is in the Textus Receptus. I think a Greek/English interlinear new testament you would look at would show that. The Greek shows it, οἱ δὲ ἐπέδωκαν αὐτῷ ἰχθύος ὀπτοῦ μέρος καὶ ἀπὸ μελισσίου κηρίου,
melissios is meaning a honeycomb, kerion a diminutive of that, so it was a portion of it.

The points I made of what is permitted and Yahweh's compassion are being neglected, with scripture passages linked to unchecked. Once again I will say you are not permitted to have meat with blood not removed from it, and factory farms with the treatment of animals there is not permitted, do look at Proverbs 12:10.

Reactions: masmpg
Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟268,078.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
People have talked about the need to be healthy and look after our bodies - agreed. But many nutritionists would say that there is nothing wrong with chicken, oily fish or red meat, in moderation. These are a good source of protein and other nutrients. And, personally, if I was forbidden from eating these things, I would have a very unhealthy diet; I don't eat nuts, pulses make me feel sick and I wouldn't survive very long on the few vegetables that I do eat. I don't have the best diet in the world; agreed - but after over 50 years, I'm not about to change any time soon.
And I think it IS wrong to take the verse from 1 Corinthians about the body being a temple for the Holy Spirit and using it as proof that Scripture teaches a particular diet.

I have said a plant-based diet is healthier, and as long as it is with variety of whole vegetable foods and eliminated processed foods, it certainly is. There is veganism for animals, which is good, and can be with godliness, that yet is with unhealthy vegan options, I am not meaning that as included in what I say is healthy. Forks Over Knives shows this, among a number of other things I could reference, but I don't want to overwhelm so that none of it is looked at. Forks Over Knives | Official Website

There are problems with those animal sources of protein you mention, so they are not as good as vegan options, and you can still fully get the protein you need with other choices without pulses and nuts, as can be found through what I reference, and through many sources online, with none of it difficult to find, and enough to still be tasty and appealing. I personally know this change can effectively come after 50. So there is rationalization here

Last edited:
Reactions: masmpg
Upvote 0