Land of Hiawatha
✟1,118.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
My neighbor and friend Pat is dying of liver and kidney cancer. She has just been diagnosed and her doctor has told her that she has perhaps 3 months at the most remaining. I doubt she has that much time, for she is very frail and I am seeing kidney failure and a decline alarmingly rapid. Pat is a dear, sweet, innocent individual, and fiercely independent. She has no family and has suffered a lifetime of abuse. In the past two years she has lost both of her dogs and her horse (her companions). Now she has come to the end of her dreams and is facing death. Between Hospice and myself, we are her only caregivers, since she has chosen to remain at home. I help her every day with her meds, morphine patches, assistance around the house, errands, try to cheer her, and am her friend and listening ear. :cry:

Also, my Sheltie is battling an infection that the vet believes is either uterine or possibly bladder. She is on antibiotics three times a day, and I am praying very hard. My Sheltie is my best friend and my baby! :cry:

I am rarely on the internet or CF now because I want to keep our phone line open and am very busy.

I ask for and so very much appreciate your prayers. :sigh:

devoted daughter

Mar 14, 2004
✟14,195.00
Faith
Christian
ShetlandRose :hug: :hug:

:cry: I am so sorry to hear that your dog is still sick. I am especailly sorry about your friend Pat. :pray: You, Pat and your "baby" willl be in my prayers. May You have strength and perseverence as you reach out to give assistance and comfort. May your dog have be healed of her affliction, and may God give Pat joy in her remaining days. May she feel His Spirit, and be comforted. May he Bless you all! :pray:

DD

Upvote 0

ShetlandRose

Loves Dogs!
Jan 18, 2004
Land of Hiawatha
✟1,118.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Please accept my thank you to all who prayed for my friend Pat and also for my Sheltie.

:cry: Pat left her body and this world the evening of June 2nd. I was with her, as I wanted to be. Because of the horrible type of agressive cancer she had her suffering was intense. She was a sweet person, and it seemed to be a dirty trick. I am honored that Pat allowed me to take care of her for her final days that numbered over a month. She was an inspiration to me of strength and acceptance. My faith knows that God had his reasons. Pat will be missed by her close friends, and especially by me and my husband. But we know that we will be together again when Heaven opens its gates to us as well. Everything and our times are in God's hands.

:) My Sheltie seems to be doing well. I am still watching her like a good dog mom should. So if anyone wants to say a prayer or two in her behalf that would be so much appreciated.

Upvote 0

Live4God

Living4God
Apr 24, 2004
Visit site
✟1,900.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
ShetlandRose said:
My neighbor and friend Pat is dying of liver and kidney cancer. She has just been diagnosed and her doctor has told her that she has perhaps 3 months at the most remaining. I doubt she has that much time, for she is very frail and I am seeing kidney failure and a decline alarmingly rapid. Pat is a dear, sweet, innocent individual, and fiercely independent. She has no family and has suffered a lifetime of abuse. In the past two years she has lost both of her dogs and her horse (her companions). Now she has come to the end of her dreams and is facing death. Between Hospice and myself, we are her only caregivers, since she has chosen to remain at home. I help her every day with her meds, morphine patches, assistance around the house, errands, try to cheer her, and am her friend and listening ear. :cry:

Also, my Sheltie is battling an infection that the vet believes is either uterine or possibly bladder. She is on antibiotics three times a day, and I am praying very hard. My Sheltie is my best friend and my baby! :cry:

I am rarely on the internet or CF now because I want to keep our phone line open and am very busy.

I ask for and so very much appreciate your prayers. :sigh:
Awhh Is that your Sheltie in the Pic to th right! and I PRAY for ALL & ALL NEEDS! GOD BLESS YOU ALL! :pray: :prayer: L4G!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ShetlandRose

Loves Dogs!
Jan 18, 2004
Land of Hiawatha
✟1,118.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Uh huh...that's my lovely Sheltie's picture in the corner here. She is my baby! And she is always with me no matter where I am.

Thank you all for your thoughts; I believe that my friend Pat is with the Lord and enjoying her new life.

Angelnstix: Having taken care of my friend through the monster of cancer, I can't even begin to comprehend how it would be to suffer through the tragic death of a child. I know you have and you have kept your faith in Christ. I am certain that God has and will continue to use you to help others cope with illness and loss.

I feel I am stronger after having turned this recent caregiver corner in my life. Another neighbor (a husband of one of my friends) asked me the day following Pat's death if I would do the same for him? An odd question I thought. I told him, yes I really would, but hopefully not right away...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

devoted daughter

Mar 14, 2004
✟14,195.00
Faith
Christian
Oh Rose! :hug: :hug: :hug:
I'm so sorry about your friend.

:pray: May the Lord embrace Pat, and may she comfort in His presence. May the Lord bless her friends, that they may have comfort and strength during
this time, and in the days ahead. May the Lord continue to bring health to Rose's Sheltie that she will have a long, and happy life. INJC. :pray::bow:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.