Visit site
✟847,595.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I did it in a youth group meeting I was invited to in the 1970s. When I got caught out, the guy sitting next to me gave be the "blue steel" glare, which I haven't been able to unsee to this day. I felt too ashamed to go back to that group. I wonder how many prospective converts are put off by people glaring at them in a youth group pot luck dinner because they forgot the grace before starting to eat. Some groups shoot themselves in the foot in their attempts to invite unconverted people in the hope that they might be attracted to the Gospel.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,203,691.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I did it in a youth group meeting I was invited to in the 1970s. When I got caught out, the guy sitting next to me gave be the "blue steel" glare, which I haven't been able to unsee to this day. I felt too ashamed to go back to that group. I wonder how many prospective converts are put off by people glaring at them in a youth group pot luck dinner because they forgot the grace before starting to eat. Some groups shoot themselves in the foot in their attempts to invite unconverted people in the hope that they might be attracted to the Gospel.
What I want to know, is did you get indigestion?
My dad always claimed that if you started eating before saying grace, you would get indigestion ^_^

• Haha
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟847,595.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
What I want to know, is did you get indigestion?
My dad always claimed that if you started eating before saying grace, you would get indigestion ^_^
No. I didn't.

Reactions: prodromos
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟847,595.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
A hearse was going uphill in a small town when it hit a bump, causing the back door to open and the gurney. carrying the coffin to roll out.
It rolled all the way down the hill through the open door of a drug store coming to a sudden stop where it crashed into the counter causing lid to casket to open and the corpse to sit up and say, Do you have something to stop this coffin.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟847,595.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
A woman who lived in a highrise was cheating on her husband with another guy and in her own apartment, when there was a knock on the door and it was her husband! She said to the guy she was with, it's my husband! Go out the window! The guy said, but we're on the 13th floor! She said, this is no time to be superstitious!!!!

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟847,595.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Our teacher asked what my favorite animal was, and I said, "Fried chicken." She said I wasn't funny, but she couldn't have been right, because everyone else laughed. My parents told me to always tell the truth. I did. Fried chicken is my favorite animal. I told my dad what happened, and he said my teacher was probably a member of PETA. He said they love animals very much. I do, too. Especially chicken, pork and beef. Anyway, my teacher sent me to the principal's office. I told him what happened, and he laughed, too. Then he told me not to do it again.
The next day in class my teacher asked me what my favorite live animal was. I told her it was chicken. She asked me why, so I told her it was because you could make them into fried chicken.
She sent me back to the principal's office. He laughed, and told me not to do it again.
I don't understand. My parents taught me to be honest, but my teacher doesn't like it when I am.
Today, my teacher asked us to tell her what famous person we admire most. I told her, "Colonel Sanders." Guess where I am now...

• Haha
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0