Drug addiction, i don't know what to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LookingForJesus

Oct 19, 2005
✟129.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I'm in desperate need of a prayer and perhaps some words of wisdom. I'm a drug addict and it's killing me.

I don't know why i do the things i do. I know it's killing me but i do them anyway. I'm almost 400lbs now and i do stuff that puts my already bad health in even more danger. I want to change so badly, but i feel as if im stuck this way. I have prayed and prayed but perhaps im not trying hard enough. I feel that the lord is the only one who can save me. Please lord save me from myself. I would like to stick around and watch my children grow up.

All prayers are will be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: tapero
A

Avidan

LookingForJesus said:
I'm in desperate need of a prayer and perhaps some words of wisdom. I'm a drug addict and it's killing me.

I don't know why i do the things i do. I know it's killing me but i do them anyway. I'm almost 400lbs now and i do stuff that puts my already bad health in even more danger. I want to change so badly, but i feel as if im stuck this way. I have prayed and prayed but perhaps im not trying hard enough. I feel that the lord is the only one who can save me. Please lord save me from myself. I would like to stick around and watch my children grow up.

I agree in prayer with you man. Check out my Testimony at the web link below in my signature. I will keep you in my prayers tonight. God will Help you. He Helped me and many others I know too. Bless you lots man.

-Avidan

Upvote 0

LookingForJesus

Oct 19, 2005
✟129.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Avidan said:
I agree in prayer with you man. Check out my Testimony at the web link below in my signature. I will keep you in my prayers tonight. God will Help you. He Helped me and many others I know too. Bless you lots man.

-Avidan

Reading your testimonial gives me a wee bit of hope. I was happier 3 years ago when i had to work a regular 9-5 job making only 1200 month then what i am today. I have gained over 150 pounds, I'm depressed, I'm now considered obeise, No self esteem anymore or even that old feeling to where i wanted to be respectable. I have been doing methamphetamine reguardless of the extreme axiety it gives me. I hate the stuff.. but i still do it. I feel like you said you once were, i don't have the power to choose. My life needs to change.

I hate that my wife and kids are seeing me this way. I'm ashamed of myself and my appearance. I'm afraid my kids are ashamed.. they are only 3 and 1, i know they are not, but i feel they should be. Their father is a total loser.

I always thought money would make me happy.. well now i have it and i would happily give it up for joy in my life, i would take back my old working mans life just to be happy again

Anyway.. thanks for the link. Your story is inspiring. I'm going to keep talking with god and work on my personal relationship with him. I have not been putting the lord first and he's still there for me, when i'm in need.

Upvote 0

mysparrow

Oct 13, 2005
Indiana
✟16,337.00
Faith
Christian
The first step to freedom is to have a right relationship with God , do that and other stuff will begin to happen. God desires for you to be free of the bondages you have allowed yourself to be placed in ,, and once you are in them satan does everything in his power to keep you there . There is good news ! Satan is defeated and when you are a child of the most high God , you have the authority to come out of those shackles that bind you through him! Press into God , draw close to him, and seek him earnestly, when you do that he will in no way forsake you or leave you. And when he begins to speak to you on things that need to change , whatever it may be , then submit to him, for in doing that you will have freedom in him. Im praying for you and you are not alone , many go through exactly what you are at this point in life . But our hope is in Jesus and in no one or nothing else .
Im praying for you . Be encouraged !

Upvote 0

Moluku

Becoming Mrs. McCarthy June 2, 2007.
Sep 14, 2005
Oregon
✟10,001.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Libertarian
LookingForJesus said:

I lift this man up to you Father and ask that strengthen his heart against this battle he is fighting. Help him to stand strong in you Jesus and give him hope during this time. There is always hope in you Lord when the things around us give way. Anything is possible in your renewing spirit and I pray that you just renew the spirit of this man. He so desperately seeks you Jesus and I ask that you wrap your loving arms around him. Bring his heart peace and fill his soul with your everlasting presence that has helped so many to conquer the obstacles in their lives. Father, there is nothing too big that cannot be conquered by you and this man needs you so desperately in his life to be a tower of strength. He cries to you for help, love, forgiveness and hope Lord and those things can be found in your precious name. So reassure him Lord that you forgive us when we come to you and fall at the foot of your cross. I thank you Jesus for your unconditional love and your conquering spirit. In your precious name, amen.

Upvote 0

praisegodnky

Oct 18, 2005
✟242.00
Faith
Baptist
I pray that God will break the power of drugs over your life. Jesus can change you and your life will never be the same. It is a great high without the drugs! Just give it a try.
Get in drug rehab or talk with a couselor or pm someone here . We all want you to feel
good about yourself. God loves you and so do other christians. Stay away from places/people that you can get the meth from and please talk with someone and get
some help for you and you family. You are a good father it's the drugs that are bad!

Upvote 0

Im-revived

Working for God, through our Lord.
May 5, 2005
England
✟7,494.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
UK-Labour
Hi, new to the site, nice to meet you!

I'm Jane, a counsellor, work with people in your position, and aswell as that have been were you are now when I was a lot younger.

Do you realise you've past your first hurdle, that is coming out of denial into the truth, which is an excellant start. So what needs to be done now is begin the recovery. You havn't said what your taking so its a bit harder, but I can give you some idea of what needs to be looked at now. From what you've said you've been addicted for a while, due to your weight and bad health, this will be more than likely because your not eating properly so not getting the right vitamins into yourself, ie B1, Vitamin C B14. Your body is just living of drugs, the B1 is Thiamin and is a very important vitamin to have in the body, withought it you become lathargic, tired, depressed and week which gets worse the longer you stay a user. By the sound of things also this is something you need to get help with immediately. Have you seen your doctor or looked for any drug rehab units. Depending what your on it takes up to 5 days to come of in a rehab with medical support and something to help the withdrawel, then 2 weeks to build your system up again. This has to be something you really want to do and be determined to do it. Really unless I know exactly what your on and how much your having thats the only advice I can give. If you want to PM feel free to do so with more info.

Lord I pray that you will give guidance here for the next step LookingforJesusmakes for further help. There is help out there Lord just show the way. Amen:pray:
LookingForJesus said:

Upvote 0

madison1101

Senior Veteran
Sep 17, 2004
Pennsylvania
✟5,939.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Call your doctor first thing and make an appointment for a physical. Get a referral to a licensed psychotherapist and start therapy. OR get to a rehab and detox. The choice depends on your level of addiction and what drugs you are abusing.

If you can't get to a rehab get to a Narcotics Anonymous meeting tonight and get help there.

You are going to die if you do not get help. You cannot break free of these habits alone. God, therapy and NA can help you.

Upvote 0

krit21sul

Sep 11, 2005
Sweet Home Alabama
Visit site
✟7,895.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I honestly feel your pain. To be completely truthful your post is helping me because i realize...you are on your way to getting help. You have already done the first step and admitted that you have to have God to get you out of this...My boyfriend is 23 and he's also a drug addict. He wants help sooo bad, but honestly i dont think he thinks he needs God to help him get delivered and that breaks my heart. Hes had this problem since he was 15 and his mother overdosed and died about 2 years ago which has greatly affected him and made his drug problem worse. He is searching for a rehab to go into at the moment so i am just thankful for that. I will keep you in my prayers because i know God can and WILL heal you and deliver you from it so you dont need it anymore. God bless you!!! In His Love, Kristin:amen:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JPPT1974

May 2024 Spring Fever!
Mar 18, 2004
Small Town, USA
✟570,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
LookingForJesus said:

Lord help our friend to seek help. And that she will also most of all, rely on you. Help her to lean on you and seek your peace and will for her life. And that she will seek counseling and medications. The right way. Your way. In thy name and will, amen.

Upvote 0

covenantwmn

Contributor
Jun 21, 2005
Great Northwest
✟19,438.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Father I join others in standing in the gap for this young man. I ask You LORD to free him from these addictions. I pray that You help him when he is feeling weak and unable to break these behaviors, it is then that I pray that Your Holy Spirit will make Your presence known that he might find the strength to turn away from what is hurting him. I ask that You surround him with Your presence, peace and comfort. I pray that as he seeks You thru Your Word that You will speak health and wholeness and Your love to his heart. You know our hearts and minds LORD, You know we are but dust and will help us, I thank You so much for that, I pray in Jesus' name, amen. :prayer:

in Him, Leslie

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.