USA
✟17,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Private
I am somewhat of a sensationalist when it comes to our current way of life. I tend to have..stockpiles. I have always been paranoid about such things. All my life I have been talking about 'the end' to those around me. The End as in economic times, government, country etc. The end of of our way of life as we know it. In all of the years I have talked about it, pointed out the signs that I saw, that led credence to the dangers I was talking about, never once have I had a dream about it, lol.

Except now.

My dream last night, I was in a store, and talking with someone, in a place I do not recognize, I don't think, we heard that sound you hear when a plane starts getting low. We looked out the window and saw one spiraling out of control, the way you would see in Hollywood. We ran out to see it better, then looked up and saw the horror. Every plane in the sky was coming down. Some on fire, some not. It was then in my dream that I 'knew' it was the "end". There was a car, and someone, a man, his wife, and his child, got in, trying to steal it. I asked very politely for them to get out, as it was mine. They were persuaded by what I was holding in my hand, pointing at him. They got out, but in my dream, somehow, I felt that had they NOT got out, I would have used it? I have never used one in my life, much less TOUCHED one before?

I got in the car, along with 3 others I do not recognize right now, We were headed to my home. While driving very fast out of the city, we looked up and in the sky were some sort of 'whirling, watery, portal looking things. Some very scarily resembled creepy skull, heads? I don't know how to describe that part. But in my dream when I saw that, I "knew" that this was not just an economic, country, type End, but the Biblical end. The Christian End, that was really happening. I guess those portal looking things made me just "know" that it was all real and now happening.

That is all I remember. I have never EVER had a dream even remotely similar. I have talked, planned, held groups, etc etc etc. Everything one might imagine to better help others to prepare for a...shortage of necessities. But never once have I had a dream like this. ESPECIALLY involving Christianity. Now, I get that nothing in that dream at all would stand out to a Christian, I know. Before you point that out, please understand that I know that. But for someone who is NOT a Christian, and only seeking answers to some absurd questions, it was very VERY strange to me. So strange, and unsettling, that upon waking, I immediately recorded all that I could remember on my tape recorder (still have one, still works great), and I checked the headlines for anything at all. Nothing, of course, as it was just a dream. It was just unsettling, uncomfortable, and I did not like it at all.

I am not trying to say it was anything but a dream. But I am here in YOUR backyard, and in the dream, it was related to you. So, I figured I would come here, and write it down, maybe see what anyone thinks about this silly dream.

Jamsie

Site Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟326,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am not trying to say it was anything but a dream. But I am here in YOUR backyard, and in the dream, it was related to you. So, I figured I would come here, and write it down, maybe see what anyone thinks about this silly dream.

I personally believe that dreams are the means in which our subconscious informs us of things and circumstances that weigh upon us, perhaps not always but at times. I don't think that dreams offer solutions but rather if valid should give us pause to consider and reflect. Understanding that I am by no means "expert" in the field of dreams, so to speak, please take what I write with a grain of salt...

So with some grains of salt in mind consider that it is worthwhile to put a dream in context. In this case you have most likely done so in your first paragraph. Consider paranoia, the end as in economics, government, etc., and the end of life as we know it, thus the dream may simply relate to that overarching fear.

Understanding that objects and people in dreams are representative think about what a store or plane or car could mean or represent. The store could simply be a place where our mundane necessities are met in the present while the planes suggest aspirations and desires of future hopes. (The person you are talking with is simply one of "those around" you) The horror of the crashing planes embraces for you a dim future. The car seems to represent escape, perhaps with others who share your fears or perhaps may offer answers, though you find disturbing images even in that retreat. So that even an escape to "home" is of questionable relief.

Maybe the dream is a call to reflect and bring some perspective into your circumstance as concerns these fears which may be too dominant in your life. I believe Christian and non-Christian find it normal to at times consider what appears to be a collapse of society, culture, the political landscape, yet isn't life also about "seeking and finding" meaning and purpose grounded in a belief. (Everyone believes something) I think of Philippians 4:8 "Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things." In my Grandfather's Bible he has a written note about this verse … "When thoughts run wild then think on these things". Isn't it true to we often get fixated on all that is negative and disregard that there too is much good and positive in this world. I often think of Frankl's "Man's Search for Meaning", ultimately you are the one who must take the steps towards such a search. Blessings...

Upvote 0

Shadowst0rm

Nov 27, 2018
USA
✟17,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Private
First, I appreciate the time you took to write this. It is more than I put in my dream! I agree with your assessment. I have had some crazy dreams, who hasn't? They amounted to just that, dreams. I think in some sense, whatever, Whomever, is out there, also uses dreams to convey messages, but I believe those instances are few and far, very far, in between. By and large, I think most, especially ones like this, are simply information overloads, and our way of expressing and dispensing of that information. Thank you for responding, and for your insight. It is helpful, and I appreciate you, friend!

Upvote 0