• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Dreams

Discussion in 'Friendship Court' started by sbbqb7n16, Feb 2, 2003.

1. sbbqb7n16

sbbqb7n16 Veteran - Blue Bible Dude

+155
    Christian
    Single
    More and more recently I have been having more and more dreams. I think that all dreams are given by inspiration of God and serve some purpose for your life. SO.... I thought maybe if anyone else was having dreams that we could kinda post a brief synopsis of what went on then an interpretation/wierd thing/ etc. that happened to coincide with that dream

I'll start off with my dream from last night... I had just come into my living room and a person (who in my mind was Jesus- I don't know what He actually looks like) was sitting at my computer. I said to Him "I believe in you Lord, what should I do now?" He just kinda turned towards the computer to write something, then disappeared. Well next thing I know I'm reading what He typed up and it said Proverbs (either chapter 3 or chapter 4 I can't remember) verse 6. (Once I read my Bible this morning I found it was most likely chapter 3) The verse in my dream said something about me needed to be more hospitable... Then I woke up. When I read my Bible I found that Proverbs 3:6 said "Acknowledge Him in all your ways and He will make your paths straight" That pretty much answers my question from the dream of "Lord what do I do now?" lol Isn't God awesome!? :D :clap: :D

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. MizDoulos

MizDoulos <font color=6c2dc7><b>Justified by grace through f

+3
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Moved the thread as it is more appropriately discussed here.

3. SpiritPsalmist

SpiritPsalmist Heavy lean toward Messianic Supporter

+1,390
    United States
    Charismatic
    Single
    Yes,&nbsp;my friend, our God is very awesome!&nbsp;

You've&nbsp;been asking God how&nbsp;you can get to know&nbsp;Him better and&nbsp;He is&nbsp;answering.&nbsp;

The Amplified version writes it out like this: "In all your ways know, recognize, and ackknowledge Him, and He will direct and make straight and plain your paths".

The definition of acknowledge is:

1: to recognize the rights, authority, or status of 2: to disclose knowledge of or agreement with 3: a: to express gratitude or obligation for b: to take notice of c: to make known the receipt of 4: to recognize as genuine or valid as in, such as acknowledge a debt.

synonyms ACKNOWLEDGE, ADMIT, OWN, AVOW, CONFESS mean to disclose against one's will or inclination. ACKNOWLEDGE implies the disclosing of something that has been or might be concealed. ADMIT implies reluctance to disclose, grant, or concede and refers usually to facts rather than their implications. OWN implies acknowledging&nbsp; something in close relatiion to oneself. AVOW implies boldly declaring, often in the face of hostility, what one might be expected to be silent about. CONFESS may apply to an admission of a weakness, failure, omission, or guilt.

As you spend time with Him and as you go throughout your days and nights, acknowledge Him in every way.&nbsp; Every act.&nbsp; Every thought.&nbsp; Then you will not have to worry whether you're doing the right thing or not, because as a result of your acknowledging Him you will automatically walk on the straight path that He has set before you.

As far as my own dreams?&nbsp; I can't remember any that I've had recently, but I'll keep you posted.&nbsp; :)

4. sbbqb7n16

+155
    Christian
    Single
    Okay cool beans lol thank you for adding to my kowledge about the word acknowledge too. I didn't know all that, but now I do :D lol Thanks!

5. Quiet Storm

Quiet Storm Back in Shepherd's arms

+22
    Christian
    The last two dreams I can remember were about two different girls. The first one was about a good friend that I have that lives in Atlanta. We've never looked at each other in the intimate way, but in my dream, she was calling me pet names, and we were about to start being affectionate towards each other (hugging, kissing, holding hands) before I woke up. For a day or so, I seriously thought that she and I might actually work. She'd be the most comfortable person all around I've ever been attracted to and I could see myself falling in love with her.... but the other day, I realized we're far too different. Right now I think she's too proud (although I'm not sinless myself), although we're both Christian, our worship preferences are completely different, our personalities are completely different..... we're just different. :p The other one was about a girl that I secretly had a crush on last year. Nothing happened.....we were in class and I thought she was sneaking glances at me,&nbsp;so I intentionally moved to the front of the classroom so she could have a better view. :) I don't know what those mean.

6. sbbqb7n16

+155
    Christian
    Single
    You might be seeking out affection... or maybe you just like them... simply put. Nothing wrong with that, and God may even be getting you to realize your natural desires to narrow down your choice into His. My thoughts :D

7. Quiet Storm

+22
    Christian
    Well I know I've been praying for a wife recently, and I thank God for teaching me not to get all worked up about it and just rely on Him. What you say makes sense, although it might not be working out exactly that way. Who knows? :)

8. Lbiagm

Lbiagm US Navy Supporter

+459
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Republican
    i have been praying for a girlfriend recently.

9. Live4Jesus

Live4Jesus Well-Known Member

+1
    I'm not sure all dreams are from God.

take for instance this from the bible:

Jeremiah 23:27 - who intend to make My people forget My name by their dreams which they relate to one another, just as their fathers forgot My name because of Baal?

Jeremiah 23:32 - "Behold, I am against those who have prophesied false dreams," declares the LORD, "and related them and led My people astray by their falsehoods and reckless boasting; yet I did not send them or command them, nor do they furnish this people the slightest benefit," declares the LORD.

Jeremiah 29:8 - "For thus says the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel, `Do not let your prophets who are in your midst and your diviners deceive you, and do not listen to the dreams which they dream.

That should be a pretty good indication that not all dreams are from God.

though God does speak to us in our dreams as well, quite clearly, from my exp. its the real clear dreams that are from God... and generally (with me at least) he'll sort of wake you at the end so you'll know He's there and thats His, and maybe He'll also speak a word or two to you so you don't forget...

In between all the other dreams I get, I generally tend to ignore 'em...

I'm a real stickler for 'Lord let me know it's you!'

And He does... He has His ways...

10. Beckijhn

Beckijhn Member

+3
    Non-Denom
    Engaged
    US-Republican
    I agree with Live4Jesus! God does use dreams but he'll let you know when. When it's a warm fuzzy that's cool, but filter it through God's word, if it doesn't mesh 100% with the Word, it's not of God!

11. lucypevensie

lucypevensie Not drinking the kool-aid Supporter

+24,776
    Christian
    Married
    My husband had a very disturbing dream recently. In it, he saw a group of people sitting around a table. There were two empty chairs. He knew that those two empty chairs represented himself and his dad. Hid dad died a few years ago from a serious medical condition (he did not take good care of himself). In the dream he knew that he was destined for the same fate of an early death like his father if he did not make some changes in his life. When he woke up he knew it was time to get serious about losing weight and getting serious about spending time wisely. He has done well in both areas and has been seeing his doctor regularly for advice onhow to lower his cholesterol and things like that.

This is one dream where I believe God was involved!

12. AlabamaMan

AlabamaMan A writer changing the world one word at a time.

+515
    Mexico
    Non-Denom
    Divorced
    My grandmother passed away in August. I dream of her at least once a week sometimes more. I must say I was very close to her. I could call her in the middle of the night if I needed someone to pray with me about something or I could just listen to her stories for hours.

Anyway, One dream I had was she and I were walking along a river. I was in front of her and I was crying like a baby. She was walking behind me and kept telling me I can make it, you can do this...and things of that nature. I must say it was a good dream because it seemed to give me some comfort.

13. Quiet Storm

+22
    Christian
    &nbsp;

Sounds like me and Jesus.

14. Mr.Cheese

Mr.Cheese Legend

+499
    Christian
    Single
    I have dreams that men and black suits chase me and shoot me to death.

15. Beckijhn

Beckijhn Member

+3
    Non-Denom
    Engaged
    US-Republican
    Mr Cheese,

That sounds like a pretty scary dream!

I had a couple of scary recurring dreams over the years - especially while I was in school and under a lot of stress, but thankfully don't have them anymore!

16. stillsmallvoice

stillsmallvoice The Narn rule!

+174
    Judaism
    Married
    Hi all!

Please allow me to recycle an old post:

The Jewish take on dreams varies.

Rabbi Jonathan is recorded in the Talmud as saying that, "A person is shown in a dream only what is suggested by his own thoughts." However, the Talmud also records Rabbi Hanina ben Isaac as saying that, "Dreams are a form of prophecy." The Talmud also records a middle view. Rabbi Yohanan quotes Rabbi Shimon Bar Yohai as saying that, "Just as there can be no grain without straw, so can there be no dream without meaningless matters." Our Sages also differentiate between meaningless dreams & meaningful ones.

Fasting (from sunup to sundown) after a particularly troubling dream was/is not unknown.

If one has had a troubling dream, there is the following prayer:

Look at the account in Genesis 41 of Joseph interpreting Pharoah's dreams. 41:8 tells us, none of Pharaoh's wise men could interpret his dreams. Yet after Joseph's longish interpretation of Pharaoh's dream (41:25-36), it says "and the thing was good in the eyes of Pharaoh." Pharaoh instinctively knew that Joseph's interpretation was correct because the correct interpretation was already there in Pharaoh's subconscious. Joseph merely knew how to draw it out. The wise men did not know this. Pharaoh rejected their proffered interpretations because they didn't jibe with what he sensed, however vaguely, was there in his own subconscious, lurking just beneath the surface.

Look further back at Joseph in prison, interpreting the butler's and the baker's dream. How could Joseph tell that the butler would be restored to his position while the baker would not be? The butler (Genesis 40:9-11) dreamt that he actually fulfilled his responsibilities, i.e. he pressed juice from grapes into a cup & gave Pharaoh the cup to drink from. The baker (40:16-17) tried to carry out his responsibilities but was prevented, i.e. the birds ate the baked goodies before he could serve them to Pharaoh. Birds are normally afraid of people, of people who are alive; they are not afraid of corpses. In his dream, the baker was already dead; Joseph understood this. As Joseph informed the butler & the baker beforehand (40:8): "Do not interpretations belong to God?"

Comments?

Be well!

ssv :wave:

17. shout2thelord

shout2thelord adopted aussie :)

+27
    Pentecostal
    Single
    US-Republican
    well its funny this cropped up cos ive been looking to share a dream i had last week. I posted it in the are you hearing from God thread but no responded so here goes.
    The bit that stood out to me was that there was a group of people and we were hangin out but behind a small metal fence in a field we were seperated from the others but you could still cross over just no one did. we were mostly young people.Then outside the fence among them people were two false prophets dressed in white. one male one female they began to speak with their hands infront of them(prophesying falsely). so in the dream i started to pray in tongues. I knew it wasnt good. I also went round to talk to people to see that they were ok and to see what they beleived. Though when i looked over the fence as i moved along i saw more false prophets and they seemed to be attracting more people entertaining them even and going further and further away from the truth.

well a lot of it i seem to seemed pretty literal that people will be decieved but other than that i dont totally understand it.

18. sbbqb7n16

+155
    Christian
    Single
    s2tl... do you know what kind of metal the fence was made of?

And L4J... the verses you gave spoke of "intend to lead people away from the Lord"... "prophesy false dreams"... and then on the dreams of false prophets. Which shouldn't be any of our intentions. At least I don't think :) I never know for sure....

Dreams are also a part of the "last day" outpouring, something which gave glory to and magnified God in the days of Daniel, plus were used to glorify God in many other areas. As Christian bretheren here, the intentions to lead others away from Christ shouldn't be a factor.

But just in case, we should all reiterate the neccessity of running our dreams by scripture to see if any interpretations line up with God's already revealed word. Any true interpretation should come from God's perspective not our own. This is probably what the problem was in Jeremiahs day... if I were to guess :) Have a great day!

19. sbbqb7n16

+155
    Christian
    Single
    Been watchin Men in Black lately? lol No but if you are serious do you have unresolved issues with some other men maybe from businesses?

P.S. - I think that these testimonies are pretty cool. God can work in great ways!

20. shout2thelord

shout2thelord adopted aussie :)

+27
    Pentecostal
    Single
    US-Republican
    no it was just like a fence that surounds a childrens playground.