Dreams AND visions

Wingdizzle

Apr 26, 2012
✟15,167.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Id like to share a personal dream and vision or two that have profoundly impacted both my life and the start of my faith. Hopefully it may strengthen yours as well.

Basically I had just experienced an extremely life changing event that almost killed me. The experience was so great and psychologically scarring that I had given up in life. I had lost everything, and decided my last move was to relocate to Humboldt County in hopes to escape my place of birth, and to receive a fresh start in a beautiful place. I was leaving with 200 in my pocket and was about to be living inside a tent. I knew no one, and had nothing. A few nights before I left I had a dream.......

God, came to me in a dream but took the form of a man I knew in real life. A man who I viewed as a good soul, with much good inside him. God came up to me and his eyes were amazing, glowing like crazy and really trippy to look at. He opened his hand and it was filled with a bunch of coins, must of been 8 or so in his plam. He was paying me for something, and in the middle of his hand was a gold coin bigger than them all. I knew at that moment that it was Humboldt county and my success on my soon adventure. I was so overjoyed that I jumped up to give him a hug and he embraced me as my body was in kind of a "fetal position" against his. I woke up with tears in my eyes, quite sure it was not an ordinary dream, but something special.

It's been 4 years since I left my home with nothing but a tent, and a small wad of cash, but now I'm posting to you inside my own apartment. I've received my AA since then, continuing on my BA, and have a beautiful wife. We both have a healthy son who is currently 8 months old, and I'm continuing the difficult journey of life with my own family.

I've had visions before, but the dream where god handed me the coins was possibly the closest I have ever gotten to interact with the lord himself. Good luck yall

Reactions: jehoiakim

GarySneakers

Mar 16, 2012
✟585.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This is my opinion. Never ever take anything from any dream or image that approaches you. I hope you do not really believe that the Father in Heaven, looks like a image of your friend who is a created being. The spirit behind the images showed you creation and you took the bait. Now you refer to the image as "God". The eyes hypothesized your common sense. If you were awake and that same friend came up to you and announced that he was "God". Would your reaction be the same?
I would ponder what you sold for 8 pieces of perceived dream gold coins. I don't recall you taking the gold, so maybe you in luck. I would really try and connect with the belief that you called the image "God". The image only had fool's gold as it an the gold vanished when you woke up.

Upvote 0

Wingdizzle

Apr 26, 2012
✟15,167.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
^_^ for goodness sakes my friend you are reading WAY too much into this. No I do not believe that god looks like my friend. Im simply stating thats the image that was taken so that I would recognize the person as a "good" entity. Nor if my friend came up to me and told me he was god, would I think anything of the sort :doh:Nor was the gold for something that I "Sold", rather it was a payment for a service.

Theres more to the dream in terms of meanings, conditions, and life events that I was currently experiencing I am willing to post....for the very reason of your post. :thumbsup: I know what the dream meant, and what took place. I simply thought I would share, im not asking for interpretation :liturgy: I would like to add though this is precicely what I am talking about in my other thread. Be VERY careful with having others interpret your dreams, or visions fellas. This man above could not be further from the truth, nor is he making any sense.

What exactly are you suggesting that I was supposed to wake up with a bunch of gold in my lap had the gold been REAL?

Upvote 0

Mairie

Jul 1, 2012
✟7,903.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That sounds like a lovely experience, I love when dreams confirm life like that. And you're another northern Californian, I see! (Unless there's a Humboldt County somewhere else?)

Don't let anyone try to write off your experiences--only you experienced that and understood what it means. Who's to say how God chooses to reveal himself to his people?

This is a very encouraging story, thanks for sharing. :)

Upvote 0

gracechick

Senior Veteran
Nov 25, 2005
Looking Up:D
✟6,474.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think I posted here in this thread:confused: Anyhow I think it was about how watchman are called to tell of repentance, instruction from the Lord and other dangers. Something like that. Some inlist for that position in the Lord's army while others are drafted. Either way it is never easy. May we all bless and support one another as the Lord's coming is truely at the door:bow::clap:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ShieldOfFaith

Jun 6, 2012
✟15,231.00
Faith
Christian
Good that you know what you dreamed and how God revealed He would be with you regardless of where you were then. That is what I get from your dream. God is good, awesome and wonderful.
Definitely ignore those who try to discourage you. Who is to tell God Almighty how to act or interact with His children.
Glory be to God.
There was a time I was also in a dire situation and was unsure whether to take the risk or not.
I also had a dream where the Lord spoke to me that wherever I go, He would be with me, to go ahead and do it. He revealed to me that we (humans) move, we change places, situations and circumstances but HE, the I am that I am, never changes.
He is the same yesterday, today and forever more.
He was true to His words and is still very true to it.

Upvote 0

sbmullin

Jul 16, 2012
Texas
✟15,131.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
First of all let me say this, you as a child of God & only you will know when God comes to you. Like so many have posted above, who can tell God Almighty what He can or can not do? Read Job and see how well that worked out for him. It amazes me that we are arrogant enough to speak for God in the first place. I have had many visions of Christ in my lifetime and yes He has spoken too me through people I knew in my visions. The only thing I would say to you or anyone else who has visions and dreams is to line it up with His Word. If there is anything that goes against the Word of God you need to reject it immediately. satan does come as a angel of light and he is very crafty about making evil appear to be good. Again, you will know without any doubt when God comes. It is life transforming and not just in the natural world but in your life spiritually. Be blessed my friend and Praise God your life has turned around for good! I want to leave this comment with a thought for you to ponder, search the scriptures and see how many times God moved through controversy and what man percieves to be righteousness. I could give many examples but for lack of sapce I will only mention a couple of them. Start with David and Bathsheba, if you research it out you will find that David's accomplice in the affair (Bathsheba) was allowed by God to not only pen Proverbs 31, but she reigned on the throne with Soloman her son. Mary became pregnant in a time she could have been stoned and other than the shepherds and herself, no-one understood that she was carrying the Saviour of the world. Imagaine the religous circles talking about her. There are many, many more, so before anyone says that God only moves inside the realm of our understanding please take a closer look at the scriptures.

Upvote 0