Status
Not open for further replies.

Y_Cathol

Ego Sum Servus Iesu Christi - I am an exile.
May 17, 2004
Alberton
Visit site
✟17,424.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Kinda had an odd dream last night;

I was there in the Communion line; a mate of mine (girl) pushed me into a girl that I like - the Father looked at me with that dissappointed look of his.

Got to the front of the queue:

"The Body of Christ"

"Amen"

-- There were no more Hosts left.

So I look at Father, then on the Alter, and there is the big Host.

plus one unconsecrated host.

I manage to feel (by texture?) which one is the real Host.

Then I consume it.

Then I woke up?

:scratch:

IfIonlyhadabrain

May 5, 2006
✟8,751.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Y_Cathol said:
Kinda had an odd dream last night;

I was there in the Communion line; a mate of mine (girl) pushed me into a girl that I like - the Father looked at me with that dissappointed look of his.

Got to the front of the queue:

"The Body of Christ"

"Amen"

-- There were no more Hosts left.

So I look at Father, then on the Alter, and there is the big Host.

plus one unconsecrated host.

I manage to feel (by texture?) which one is the real Host.

Then I consume it.

Then I woke up?

:scratch:

Interesting dream. Mind if I share some of my thoughts?

Of course, being generated from your mind, only you can say whether my thoughts are accurate or not. So, the interpretation I am about to give is probably going to be somewhat ‘off the mark.’ Here it is.

There are two main events and two main circumstances. The events are 1. being pushed into the girl you like, and 2. choosing the correct Host. The circumstances are 1. the communion line, and 2. needing to make a choice between two Hosts (ie, no Hosts left in Chalice, two unknowns on the Altar).

I’m guessing that you’ve recently been considering the question of how to know what is true and how to know how to make the right choice, as well as considering, in light of the first question, how much one is culpable for, or guilty of. Am I right?

Being in the communion line seems to represent your approach to a decision. The priest seems to be a conscience figure, emphasized by his “look” (which I presume is a look that is supposed to make you feel bad for something you did wrong). Thus, on the one hand, it seems that you don’t really feel like you deserve to be guilty for some of your wrongs (the wrongs being symbolized by the nature of your relationship (you being attracted to her, but perhaps you are afraid to let her know?) with the girl you like). I say this because you didn’t choose to bump into her, you were pushed. Pushed by what? Something so familiar to you (your natural urges) that it is symbolized by a friend (who also happens to be female, again symbolizing your natural desire to be with the one you are attracted to). So, on the other hand, while you feel you were pushed into you, you still feel guilty for it, your conscience tells you it’s wrong (the priest and his ‘look’).

This is one thing that can happen when you approach a decision, and in fact, no decision was actually made, you were driven (in this case pushed) to do something wrong, rather than actually choosing it.

The second thing that happens is when you actually do make you own choice. The priest, the conscience who tells you what you’ve done wrong, but also guides you to the good, exclaims “The Body of Christ,” and you assent to that truth in word: “Amen.”

Thus, here, the Body of Christ, the Host, is a symbol of what is good and right and choice-worthy. Yet, what is good and choice-worthy isn’t always clear, thus you are faced with the dilemma of the two Hosts.

Moreover, merely saying that it is true, assenting to the truth in word alone is not enough, you must actively choose it, and take it, which is why your conscience alone could you provide you with what is good and right and choice-worthy, it merely guides you to it. Now, it is up to you to discern what you know is true and right and good, from the lie. Moreover, you must choose it, not merely assert it.

It seems that you feel that in the end, you will choose the right, that even though you sometimes get pushed into doing things you don’t really want, in the end, you really do want to choose the good. Moreover, you also feel that, even though you may not be able to discern what is true and good with absolute certainty by the light of reason (symbolized by your vision, two hosts, one big one small, which one is the real one? I know the big one was consecrated during the consecration, but do I really know it for sure?), you seem to believe that your sense of touch (symbolizing what you feel in your heart) will affirm what your sight (reason) told you was true.

So your dreams seems to be about the dilemma you face daily in working out what is good for you to do, and how to know it. It contrasts what you often do in your failings with what you do when it really counts. You seem to feel that you never really choose the wrong, but do still feel guilty for doing it. But, you also seem to feel that when you do have make your choices, your heart and mind, and conscience, will help you make the right decision.

Upvote 0

Look Homeward Anglican

Senior Veteran
May 14, 2005
United States
✟10,751.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
IfIonlyhadabrain said:
Interesting dream. Mind if I share some of my thoughts?

Of course, being generated from your mind, only you can say whether my thoughts are accurate or not. So, the interpretation I am about to give is probably going to be somewhat ‘off the mark.’ Here it is.

There are two main events and two main circumstances. The events are 1. being pushed into the girl you like, and 2. choosing the correct Host. The circumstances are 1. the communion line, and 2. needing to make a choice between two Hosts (ie, no Hosts left in Chalice, two unknowns on the Altar).

I’m guessing that you’ve recently been considering the question of how to know what is true and how to know how to make the right choice, as well as considering, in light of the first question, how much one is culpable for, or guilty of. Am I right?

Being in the communion line seems to represent your approach to a decision. The priest seems to be a conscience figure, emphasized by his “look” (which I presume is a look that is supposed to make you feel bad for something you did wrong). Thus, on the one hand, it seems that you don’t really feel like you deserve to be guilty for some of your wrongs (the wrongs being symbolized by the nature of your relationship (you being attracted to her, but perhaps you are afraid to let her know?) with the girl you like). I say this because you didn’t choose to bump into her, you were pushed. Pushed by what? Something so familiar to you (your natural urges) that it is symbolized by a friend (who also happens to be female, again symbolizing your natural desire to be with the one you are attracted to). So, on the other hand, while you feel you were pushed into you, you still feel guilty for it, your conscience tells you it’s wrong (the priest and his ‘look’).

This is one thing that can happen when you approach a decision, and in fact, no decision was actually made, you were driven (in this case pushed) to do something wrong, rather than actually choosing it.

The second thing that happens is when you actually do make you own choice. The priest, the conscience who tells you what you’ve done wrong, but also guides you to the good, exclaims “The Body of Christ,” and you assent to that truth in word: “Amen.”

Thus, here, the Body of Christ, the Host, is a symbol of what is good and right and choice-worthy. Yet, what is good and choice-worthy isn’t always clear, thus you are faced with the dilemma of the two Hosts.

Moreover, merely saying that it is true, assenting to the truth in word alone is not enough, you must actively choose it, and take it, which is why your conscience alone could you provide you with what is good and right and choice-worthy, it merely guides you to it. Now, it is up to you to discern what you know is true and right and good, from the lie. Moreover, you must choose it, not merely assert it.

It seems that you feel that in the end, you will choose the right, that even though you sometimes get pushed into doing things you don’t really want, in the end, you really do want to choose the good. Moreover, you also feel that, even though you may not be able to discern what is true and good with absolute certainty by the light of reason (symbolized by your vision, two hosts, one big one small, which one is the real one? I know the big one was consecrated during the consecration, but do I really know it for sure?), you seem to believe that your sense of touch (symbolizing what you feel in your heart) will affirm what your sight (reason) told you was true.

So your dreams seems to be about the dilemma you face daily in working out what is good for you to do, and how to know it. It contrasts what you often do in your failings with what you do when it really counts. You seem to feel that you never really choose the wrong, but do still feel guilty for doing it. But, you also seem to feel that when you do have make your choices, your heart and mind, and conscience, will help you make the right decision.

That is amazing! You have a gift for getting into what dreams might mean. :)

Upvote 0

IfIonlyhadabrain

May 5, 2006
✟8,751.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Y_Cathol said:
Funny enough, in the dream both were the big hosts.

They looked identical.

Ah, then it isn’t a matter of confirming what you see, but discerning by touch what you can’t tell by sight.

We often do this in life, when our sight isn’t sufficient, we rely on touch. When it is dark, and we cannot see, we stretch out our hands to feel our way. When we can’t see the edge of a roll of scotch tape, we feel for it. Sometimes things look fuzzy, but when we touch it, we find out it’s really prickly.

Sight is our primary means of sensing the real world around us. But when sight isn’t sufficient, we defer to touch, it confirms either what we can’t see, or aren’t able to discern by sight.

We also do this in thought, we have a primary method of understanding the world around us, and this is logic and reason. This is the way we normally understand the world, through sequential though processing, whereby we reach an understood conclusion, solidifying out knowledge of it. However, when logic isn’t sufficient, either because it has been blinded by untruths, or because there are more than one possible solution that it’s difficult to choose the right or best one, or because we simply don’t have enough information to make an informed decision, we then turn to our intuition, the second mode of thought processing of the brain. This is the holistic thought process whereby as many premises as are known are considered at once, both conscious and subconscious, and a conclusion is immediately reached, not fully understood, but certainly known. This knowledge we refer to as knowledge of the heart. “I know it’s true, but I can’t explain it.” It is also associated with “feelings” (ie, I feel that it’s true).

Thus, it may be that the “light of reason” (sight) isn’t sufficient in your dream, but you know the right one intuitively (by feeling it).

Upvote 0

IfIonlyhadabrain

May 5, 2006
✟8,751.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Y_Cathol said:
I kinda thought it had something to do with my dilemma that I had about a year ago about Marriage or the Priesthood....

But ur's kinda makes sense too :p

Right, well as I said, it comes from your mind, not mine. Thus, I can only say possibilities, especially if it’s as much a shot in the dark as this was. I haven’t spoken to you, asked you questions about things you’ve been thinking about recently, anything of that sort, so this was entirely speculation on what each symbol stood for. Of course, there is reason to it, but just because it makes sense, doesn’t mean that your mind is using that imagery to symbolize what I’ve said.

In fact, it could very well be about your dilemma a year ago (which may still be lingering?). I’m almost positive the priest represents your conscience, and in light of your vocational dilemma, the dream makes more sense. Perhaps there were social pressures that had you considering marriage? Family and friends, which may represent your friend pushing you toward the girl, rather than you choosing it yourself. Your conscience knew better, thus the dirty look, and ultimately why you chose the Eucharist.

The choice between the two Hosts, however, it less easily explained. I think perhaps it involves the nature of your vocation as a religious. Choosing the Consecrated Host might have meant priesthood, while choosing the unconsecrated Host might have meant religious brother, rather than priest.

The beautiful thing about the subconscious mind is it knows everything about you. When you make decisions based on intuition, your basing it on subconscious knowledge. Thus, you know intuitively what your vocation is, but consciously, we have a tendency to ignore it. Our consciences play a big role in this too. If we don’t choose our vocation, our consciences gnaw at us, which makes us unhappy.

Upvote 0

IfIonlyhadabrain

May 5, 2006
✟8,751.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
SeenAndUnseen said:
That is amazing! You have a gift for getting into what dreams might mean. :)

Well, actually, I've helped a few of my friends with interpreting their dreams. They believe I am quite accurate too. However, it normally involves asking the right questions about what's been going on in their lives recently. Hearing the dream described first helps me to know which questions to ask. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Y_Cathol

Ego Sum Servus Iesu Christi - I am an exile.
May 17, 2004
Alberton
Visit site
✟17,424.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
IfIonlyhadabrain said:

I've been considering questions like this, yes...

amoung others...

:p

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.