Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Glad you gave us the opportunity. Here's a thumbs up for posting it (from my favorite movie). :D

gladiador-joinha.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Btw, I read a short review of "The Shack," and you did well to fight through the tragedy and depression you experienced (if that's what you were referring to). Some people never make it through such things with their faith still intact, but it looks like you did. :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

edk

Mar 3, 2018
Pacific
✟15,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Btw, I read a short review of "The Shack," and you did well to fight through the tragedy and depression you experienced (if that's what you were referring to). Some people never make it through such things with their faith still intact, but it looks like you did. :oldthumbsup:

Um, bingo...lotta childhood truma. I was always attracted to Jesus and have loved Him deeply, but both the Catholic church and Protestant churches did their best in teaching a distant, angry God and drove me away from Him. Were it not for "The Shack" I wouldn't be here today. I highly recommend it.

Reactions: Hidden In Him
Upvote 0

edk

Mar 3, 2018
Pacific
✟15,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
This is what see in my spirit....There is no grey area...only black and white. The condition of the churches today are steadily declining into a "grey" area spiritually. The foundation of truth that was laid by Jesus is now a foundation of "politically correctness", or that the "intent" of the author when writing that scripture was referencing to a certain people back then. Your dream is symbolic of the condition of the church of believers today. You were led there to perhaps see with your spiritual eyes, and having your eyes opened you now have the calling on your life to help others see. God is raising up a body of believers who walk in the Spirit of Truth, who rightly divide the truth of His Word, who are intercessors and spiritual warriors, Who teach and preach His Word with Power and Anointing and signs, wonders and miracles follow....He is raising up His Bride....
So this is my question....do you feel led to evangelize? Do you have spiritual gifts?
So this is what I see....goes even deeper but I am not permitted to share at this time.
God Bless!

Other than reason, I don't have any of the standard "gifts"...doesn't hurt my feelings. Not led to evangelize. I'd have to be knocked off a horse and have a vision to convince me I'm that kind of guy. But, I have "been led" into a different faith approach based around the Trinity. It basically says..."no matter who says what, I choose to believe in a kind and gracious God." The other faith traditions do not teach that, sad to say.

Reactions: Heart2Soul
Upvote 0

Heart2Soul

Supporter
Sep 25, 2017
Tulsa
✟158,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Other than reason, I don't have any of the standard "gifts"...doesn't hurt my feelings. Not led to evangelize. I'd have to be knocked off a horse and have a vision to convince me I'm that kind of guy. But, I have "been led" into a different faith approach based around the Trinity. It basically says..."no matter who says what, I choose to believe in a kind and gracious God." The other faith traditions do not teach that, sad to say.
It is sad....fire, hell and brimstone...not how God wants us to see Him....He is a God of Love...a gracious, merciful God who wants our love in return.....well, God bless....seek Him and you will find Him....if you haven't had a chance, ask God to fill you with His Spirit....you need it for these days for sure...and the Holy Spirit will teach you and guide you into all truth....give you revelation knowledge of His Word.
Welcome to CF. I hope you find good friends here.

Upvote 0

GTW27

Aug 31, 2007
Western Pa
✟201,469.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In order to know what God was trying to tell you specifically, you need to go back and try to remember specifically what was happening in your life at the time. If you can't, ask the Lord to bring it back to your memory, and keep asking until He does.

Were you experiencing relationship problems and losing hope? Were you having trouble finding a job? Was anyone close to you having problems and starting to become hopeless?

If you can pinpoint the context (IRL), the symbolism gets much easier to identify specifically.

Why would the Lord of all the universe, need to ask questions to interpret a dream? To get it right, or to make it fit? Why would The Giver, if it is given, need to ask questions about what is given?

Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why would the Lord of all the universe, need to ask questions to interpret a dream? To get it right, or to make it fit?

He wouldn't, LoL. I'm assuming your point is that an interpreter of dreams would know both the meaning and events going on in that person's life supernaturally without being told, but that would actually be two gifts working together simultaneously (dream interpretation AND word of knowledge). I only operate in the second to a certain degree yet, but I do more often than not get leadings in certain directions that end up being confirmed, even when the person who has the dream initially denies it.

But as for me personally, it's not about showing off or trying to impress anyone. My primary concern is with getting the interpretation correct, so I ask questions to see if what I am sensing actually coincides with their personal life.

Does that make sense? In the case of my own dreams, I don't need to ask because I already know my own life, but the interpretation part still takes some work. But with others, especially those I don't know at all, I'd rather ask questions than risk getting something wrong. It's their lives I'm dealing with, so I take it very seriously.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟583,317.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Biblically mold is also associated with leprosy in houses having different dark colored mold. Leprosy being called diseased in most cases.
And if there was the "leprosy" in a house, no one could stay there. I think of how God is our Good Building Inspector > He has to judge if we are living in a habitable house, for our own good. So, if He rightly judges a house to be uninhabitable, this does not mean He is being cruel to us.

Like this, those people had that mold stuff; that was not the fault of the Judge. It has to be condemned, like how a building inspector must condemn a house full of rats and rotting stairs where people could fall through.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟303,748.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
And if there was the "leprosy" in a house, no one could stay there. I think of how God is our Good Building Inspector > He has to judge if we are living in a habitable house, for our own good. So, if He rightly judges a house to be uninhabitable, this does not mean He is being cruel to us.

Like this, those people had that mold stuff; that was not the fault of the Judge. It has to be condemned, like how a building inspector must condemn a house full of rats and rotting stairs where people could fall through.
Good analogy!

Reactions: com7fy8
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GTW27

Aug 31, 2007
Western Pa
✟201,469.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Requesting person(s) with spiritual discernment and their opinion on a dream I believe was a revelatory-informational dream from God. Not as in a standard dream of disconnected nonsense, but one where I feel God was possibly trying to tell me something...but I'm not sure what.
The dream begins and I'm looking at a scene where there are only two colors, black and chalky grey. The sky is entirely black, and a large two story, white-grey house is in the foreground, and I am a short distance from it. As I see the utterly drab cemet-like house, a figure is in my left peripheral vision, but I can't actually see him, but I think he's in a grey cloak. He ushers me toward the house and as I get closer, I see the walls moldy and mildewed with more grey. He guides me through the front door, and upon entering there are more drab-grey, moldy walls and various rooms. I understand from my guide I'm supposed to walk through the rooms, and when I do I begin to see people in grey, rotting, hooded cloaks leaning against walls, against each other, or collapsed in heaps. They are not dead corpses, but they are utterly without expression, emotion, and blank stares. The guide then in my dreaming mind says to me..."these are those who are without hope." I look at them, many of them in each grey, drab room, and they are utterly hopeless. As I walk I think to myself...this doesn't 'feel' like hell, but it could be. As I've reached the other end of this run-down, chalky-grey house I then exit, and the dream is over.
This dream happened about 8 years ago. I don't necessarily conclude anything about it except that the grey world and the grey, hopeless people were in a horrific state of being. I could speculate but still wouldn't be much in the way of a specific answer.
Does anyone have discernment on my dream? Thank you.

This is the aftermath. This is what a house looks like after the enemy has been allowed to come in like a flood. In them there is no hope. Only despair. Hope can only be found in Jesus . Having a personal relationship with Jesus.

Upvote 0

GTW27

Aug 31, 2007
Western Pa
✟201,469.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

What you are given, have faith and speak. What I have written in here I have written. Second thoughts will always come after we speak. This is the flesh and or the enemy. Stand on what is given. Since I started on these boards, I have only removed one post, because it was hard to write, and it was to a dear sister and she got the message so it did not need to remain. So with your own word "removed" I will expand on the dream. The enemy moved in like a flood only after The Lord "removed" His Lampstand. No one can say that that they have not been warned, for He has spoken what He has spoken.

• Agree
Upvote 0