Pacific
✟15,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Requesting person(s) with spiritual discernment and their opinion on a dream I believe was a revelatory-informational dream from God. Not as in a standard dream of disconnected nonsense, but one where I feel God was possibly trying to tell me something...but I'm not sure what.
The dream begins and I'm looking at a scene where there are only two colors, black and chalky grey. The sky is entirely black, and a large two story, white-grey house is in the foreground, and I am a short distance from it. As I see the utterly drab cemet-like house, a figure is in my left peripheral vision, but I can't actually see him, but I think he's in a grey cloak. He ushers me toward the house and as I get closer, I see the walls moldy and mildewed with more grey. He guides me through the front door, and upon entering there are more drab-grey, moldy walls and various rooms. I understand from my guide I'm supposed to walk through the rooms, and when I do I begin to see people in grey, rotting, hooded cloaks leaning against walls, against each other, or collapsed in heaps. They are not dead corpses, but they are utterly without expression, emotion, and blank stares. The guide then in my dreaming mind says to me..."these are those who are without hope." I look at them, many of them in each grey, drab room, and they are utterly hopeless. As I walk I think to myself...this doesn't 'feel' like hell, but it could be. As I've reached the other end of this run-down, chalky-grey house I then exit, and the dream is over.
This dream happened about 8 years ago. I don't necessarily conclude anything about it except that the grey world and the grey, hopeless people were in a horrific state of being. I could speculate but still wouldn't be much in the way of a specific answer.
Does anyone have discernment on my dream? Thank you.

2Timothy2:15

Mar 28, 2016
CA
✟78,248.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Requesting person(s) with spiritual discernment and their opinion on a dream I believe was a revelatory-informational dream from God. Not as in a standard dream of disconnected nonsense, but one where I feel God was possibly trying to tell me something...but I'm not sure what.
The dream begins and I'm looking at a scene where there are only two colors, black and chalky grey. The sky is entirely black, and a large two story, white-grey house is in the foreground, and I am a short distance from it. As I see the utterly drab cemet-like house, a figure is in my left peripheral vision, but I can't actually see him, but I think he's in a grey cloak. He ushers me toward the house and as I get closer, I see the walls moldy and mildewed with more grey. He guides me through the front door, and upon entering there are more drab-grey, moldy walls and various rooms. I understand from my guide I'm supposed to walk through the rooms, and when I do I begin to see people in grey, rotting, hooded cloaks leaning against walls, against each other, or collapsed in heaps. They are not dead corpses, but they are utterly without expression, emotion, and blank stares. The guide then in my dreaming mind says to me..."these are those who are without hope." I look at them, many of them in each grey, drab room, and they are utterly hopeless. As I walk I think to myself...this doesn't 'feel' like hell, but it could be. As I've reached the other end of this run-down, chalky-grey house I then exit, and the dream is over.
This dream happened about 8 years ago. I don't necessarily conclude anything about it except that the grey world and the grey, hopeless people were in a horrific state of being. I could speculate but still wouldn't be much in the way of a specific answer.

Not saying I know for certain. This sounds almost like the Lord is showing the state of the church or even more specifically your church.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟311,347.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It's a leprose state that doesn't pass approval of the priest.

Upvote 0

discipler7

Oct 5, 2017
tog
✟42,302.00
Country
Heard Island And Mcdonald Islands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The dream begins and I'm looking at a scene where there are only two colors, black and chalky grey. The sky is entirely black, and a large two story, white-grey house is in the foreground, and I am a short distance from it. As I see the utterly drab cemet-like house, a figure is in my left peripheral vision, but I can't actually see him, but I think he's in a grey cloak.
Black and darkness represent evil and sins, contrary to light and whiteness.

It could be God warning you about sins/evil-deeds/law-breaking and their consequences, eg DEUT.28:15, 1COR.5:5 & 11:30, 1JOHN.5:16, HEB.10:26-31.

Keep in mind that at ACTS.15:24-29, God requires Gentile Christians to keep any law of Moses which is not a burden, eg the Ten Commandments(EXO.20), DEUT.18:9-14, LEV.10:9 & 18:22, etc, especially morality laws. Otherwise, they risk losing their salvation while suffering horribly for their sins, eg JOB.2:9.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
cemet-like house
It is a hard house . . . stubbornness.

walls moldy and mildewed
It might not move, but it has diseased stuff in it. We in Jesus are creative in love and moving, yet stable but not stubborn.

upon entering there are more drab-grey, moldy walls and various rooms.
Yup . . . inside and out . . . diseased because of sin.

I begin to see people in grey, rotting, hooded cloaks leaning against walls, against each other, or collapsed in heaps.
The people are leaning on their stubbornness, instead of leaning on the LORD. They also are depending on one another, who can not give them real love. And they are stubborn in their denial, not acknowledging how we need Jesus as our way to God and real loving.

They are not dead corpses, but they are utterly without expression, emotion, and blank stares.
love-dead, although actually maybe being very expressive and dramatic outwardly

I look at them, many of them in each grey, drab room, and they are utterly hopeless. As I walk I think to myself...this doesn't 'feel' like hell, but it could be.
Even now in this world, Satan's children within themselves have no hope > they are the way we in Jesus used to be > "having no hope and without God in the world", our Apostle Paul does say > Ephesians 2:12.

But because of Jesus, we now have God and we have His hope ! ! ! And they can, too.

And yes they now are getting a sample of how Hell is. The evil spirit of bitterness and hopelessness will be in Hell; so what they have in themselves, now, is a pre-sample of all which will be reaped to become so much more > Galatians 6:7-8 < of the horribleness of Satan's love-dead spirit > Ephesians 2:2.

This dream happened about 8 years ago.
The number "8" can be used to represent eternity. So . . . may be . . . even the number of years since the dream might have an interpretation . . . how your past life, your bad dream, a nightmare of sin, is now eternally past.

I don't necessarily conclude anything about it except that the grey world and the grey, hopeless people were in a horrific state of being.
So, we have compassion on people who are evil and cruel and horrible and impossible > Hebrews 5:2 < knowing how, even though they may have power to do things to us, now, they are missing out on so much.

Answer to God, yourself, have hope for any and all such people, knowing how God is committed to using us to reach and help any evil person, at all >

Love "hopes all things" (in 1 Corinthians 13:7).

Jesus suffered and died like He did, with hope for any evil awful horrible person, at all. And our Father is committed to making us able with Him to minister to any and all people, that they may be turned "from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God" > please see Acts 26:18.

God bless you :)
Bill

Upvote 0

edk

Mar 3, 2018
Pacific
✟15,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
It is a hard house . . . stubbornness.

It might not move, but it has diseased stuff in it. We in Jesus are creative in love and moving, yet stable but not stubborn.

Yup . . . inside and out . . . diseased because of sin.

The people are leaning on their stubbornness, instead of leaning on the LORD. They also are depending on one another, who can not give them real love. And they are stubborn in their denial, not acknowledging how we need Jesus as our way to God and real loving.

love-dead, although actually maybe being very expressive and dramatic outwardly

Even now in this world, Satan's children within themselves have no hope > they are the way we in Jesus used to be > "having no hope and without God in the world", our Apostle Paul does say > Ephesians 2:12.

But because of Jesus, we now have God and we have His hope ! ! ! And they can, too.

And yes they now are getting a sample of how Hell is. The evil spirit of bitterness and hopelessness will be in Hell; so what they have in themselves, now, is a pre-sample of all which will be reaped to become so much more > Galatians 6:7-8 < of the horribleness of Satan's love-dead spirit > Ephesians 2:2.

The number "8" can be used to represent eternity. So . . . may be . . . even the number of years since the dream might have an interpretation . . . how your past life, your bad dream, a nightmare of sin, is now eternally past.

So, we have compassion on people who are evil and cruel and horrible and impossible > Hebrews 5:2 < knowing how, even though they may have power to do things to us, now, they are missing out on so much.

Answer to God, yourself, have hope for any and all such people, knowing how God is committed to using us to reach and help any evil person, at all >

Love "hopes all things" (in 1 Corinthians 13:7).

Jesus suffered and died like He did, with hope for any evil awful horrible person, at all. And our Father is committed to making us able with Him to minister to any and all people, that they may be turned "from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God" > please see Acts 26:18.

God bless you :)
Bill

Thanks Bill, that gives clarity. Thanks for your time and thoughts.

Reactions: com7fy8
Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Requesting person(s) with spiritual discernment and their opinion on a dream I believe was a revelatory-informational dream from God. Not as in a standard dream of disconnected nonsense, but one where I feel God was possibly trying to tell me something...but I'm not sure what... This dream happened about 8 years ago.

In order to know what God was trying to tell you specifically, you need to go back and try to remember specifically what was happening in your life at the time. If you can't, ask the Lord to bring it back to your memory, and keep asking until He does.

Were you experiencing relationship problems and losing hope? Were you having trouble finding a job? Was anyone close to you having problems and starting to become hopeless?

If you can pinpoint the context (IRL), the symbolism gets much easier to identify specifically.

Upvote 0

edk

Mar 3, 2018
Pacific
✟15,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
In order to know what God was trying to tell you specifically, you need to go back and try to remember specifically what was happening in your life at the time. If you can't, ask the Lord to bring it back to your memory, and keep asking until He does.

Were you experiencing relationship problems and losing hope? Were you having trouble finding a job? Was anyone close to you having problems and starting to become hopeless?

If you can pinpoint the context (IRL), the symbolism gets much easier to identify specifically.

Hmmm, interesting response. Because it was at a point I was in spiritual crisis. In fact, had I not come across "The Shack" I'd have likely thrown in the towel of faith altogether, just as a beginning. It was definitely at the end of my rope with God. Whether you like William Paul Young and his book, or not, it began to change my mind about God for the better. It's a long story, but I think you're right...you're on to something.

Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Because it was at a point I was in spiritual crisis. In fact, had I not come across "The Shack" I'd have likely thrown in the towel of faith altogether, just as a beginning. It was definitely at the end of my rope with God.

And this explains why the Lord was telling me to add the words, "Were you saved yet?" to ask about your spiritual state. Btw, I glanced @com7fy8's response without reading much of it, and then your "thank you" note to him. I try not to let anyone's interpretation influence me before asking God about a dream, but it looks like he was on the mark on it having to do with your salvation.

Ok, then the imagery has to do with that. Gimme a sec and I'll put the specifics together for you. :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The dream begins and I'm looking at a scene where there are only two colors, black and chalky grey. The sky is entirely black, and a large two story, white-grey house is in the foreground, and I am a short distance from it. As I see the utterly drab cement-like house, a figure is in my left peripheral vision, but I can't actually see him, but I think he's in a grey cloak. He ushers me toward the house and as I get closer, I see the walls moldy and mildewed with more grey. He guides me through the front door, and upon entering there are more drab-grey, moldy walls and various rooms. I understand from my guide I'm supposed to walk through the rooms, and when I do I begin to see people in grey, rotting, hooded cloaks leaning against walls, against each other, or collapsed in heaps. They are not dead corpses, but they are utterly without expression, emotion, and blank stares. The guide then in my dreaming mind says to me..."these are those who are without hope." I look at them, many of them in each grey, drab room, and they are utterly hopeless. As I walk I think to myself...this doesn't 'feel' like hell, but it could be. As I've reached the other end of this run-down, chalky-grey house I then exit, and the dream is over.

- Two colors = Hopeless people never see positive outcomes potentially happening in their lives; they see only black (bad) or grey (partly bad) things happening at best.
- "I am a short distance from it" = You were dangerously close to forsaking all hope.
- Figure in dark cloak = Hopelessness, but by extension Satan himself. One of the defining characteristics of Hell is that it is completely bereft of any hope. There is no hope there, for anything; of getting out, of finding any purpose, of finding anyone to care for their soul ever again... So this figure may have been Satan personified, especially since he begins ushering you towards this house.
- The House = This by extension then means his kingdom, both on earth and in Hell.
- Mold and Mildew = The following is from wiki, with certain words highlighted:
"When mold spores are present in large quantities, they can present a health hazard to humans, potentially causing allergic reactions and respiratory problems... Some studies claim that exposure to high levels of mycotoxins can lead to neurological problems and in some cases, death. Prolonged exposure, e.g. daily home exposure, may be particularly harmful... Mold in the home can usually be found in damp, dark or steamy areas e.g. bathroom or kitchen, cluttered storage areas, recently flooded areas, basement areas, plumbing spaces, and areas with poor ventilation." Notice poor ventilation and respiratory problems. It means they can't breathe (spiritually), and are dying as a result. The Spirit of God is often referred to as the "breath" of God in scripture, so this may be part of what the symbolism here represents; life without the Spirit of God encouraging us is life without hope.
- "Leaning against walls, against each other, or collapsed in heaps" = They have no strength, and so they lean on each other for encouragement, but "collapsed in heaps" means they can't hold each other up for long.
- "this doesn't 'feel' like hell, but it could be." = That's why I mentioned the part about Hell. It's not Hell. The dream was depicting what this life eventually becomes like for those who reject God. But it is an extension of Hell, in a sense, because the same spirit presides there as well, and forever.

So God was warning you about what the rest of your life (and eternity) would have been like if you had not turned back from thinking about rejecting Him.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Btw, I'm reading Bill's interpretation now, and while we disagree on some of the symbolism, he nailed it on this part right here. It's a dominant part of the message God was trying to get over to you at the time.
And yes they now are getting a sample of how Hell is. The evil spirit of bitterness and hopelessness will be in Hell.

Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Biblically mold is also associated with leprosy in houses having different dark colored mold. Leprosy being called diseased in most cases.

Leviticus 13:47-59
Leviticus 14:43-53

I see. That's interesting, Cassia. I didn't understand your post when I read it, so thanks for clearing that up. I also forgot to mention to him that cloaks represent death (i.e. reminiscent of the Grim Reaper), and so does "rottenness." And rottenness would fit well with your application of leprosy here.

Btw, you may have been looking at a different translation for your quotes that specifically translated with the word "mold." The KJV or whatever CF is using now just uses the word "plague."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟311,347.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I see. That's interesting, Cassia. I didn't understand your post when I read it, so thanks for clearing that up. I also forgot to mention to him that cloaks represent death (i.e. reminiscent of the Grim Reaper), and so does "rottenness." And rottenness would fit well with your application of leprosy here.

Btw, you may have been looking at a different translation for your quotes that specifically translated with the word "mold." The KJV or whatever CF is using now just uses the word "plague."
That's KJV I think. Others use diseased. Ya I didn't explain that too well. Some times I'm too short on words if that's possible lol

• Haha
Reactions: Hidden In Him
Upvote 0

edk

Mar 3, 2018
Pacific
✟15,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
- Two colors = Hopeless people never see positive outcomes potentially happening in their lives; they see only black (bad) or grey (partly bad) things happening at best.
- "I am a short distance from it" = You were dangerously close to forsaking all hope.
- Figure in dark cloak = Hopelessness, but by extension Satan himself. One of the defining characteristics of Hell is that it is completely bereft of any hope. There is no hope there, for anything; of getting out, of finding any purpose, of finding anyone to care for their soul ever again... So this figure may have been Satan personified, especially since he begins ushering you towards this house.
- The House = This by extension then means his kingdom, both on earth and in Hell.
- Mold and Mildew = The following is from wiki, with certain words highlighted:
"When mold spores are present in large quantities, they can present a health hazard to humans, potentially causing allergic reactions and respiratory problems... Some studies claim that exposure to high levels of mycotoxins can lead to neurological problems and in some cases, death. Prolonged exposure, e.g. daily home exposure, may be particularly harmful... Mold in the home can usually be found in damp, dark or steamy areas e.g. bathroom or kitchen, cluttered storage areas, recently flooded areas, basement areas, plumbing spaces, and areas with poor ventilation." Notice poor ventilation and respiratory problems. It means they can't breathe (spiritually), and are dying as a result. The Spirit of God is often referred to as the "breath" of God in scripture, so this may be part of what the symbolism here represents; life without the Spirit of God encouraging us is life without hope.
- "Leaning against walls, against each other, or collapsed in heaps" = They have no strength, and so they lean on each other for encouragement, but "collapsed in heaps" means they can't hold each other up for long.
- "this doesn't 'feel' like hell, but it could be." = That's why I mentioned the part about Hell. It's not Hell. The dream was depicting what this life eventually becomes like for those who reject God. But it is an extension of Hell, in a sense, because the same spirit presides there as well, and forever.

So God was warning you about what the rest of your life (and eternity) would have been like if you had not turned back from thinking about rejecting Him.

Wow, that's sobering, but it does make some sense. It is possible I was "dream-fed" the dream by an evil source. Knowing me and my situation, though, it was a very big and decades long equation. There was no simple answer, which is why I was asking about this dream which puzzled me for a long time. At some time after I had this dream...can't remember how long...I happened across the book "The Shack" I'd heard about. It was then I came to FIRST believe God was kind, available, and forgiving. This, despite a Catholic upbringing, and 30 years an Evangelical. I was then beginning to undo a lifetime of conditioning of a mean and angry God, that He could never accept me. Suggesting I "may have not been saved" opens up a whole 'nother, big equation. If that was a possibility for me at the time despite most of my life having been a believer....then it's also a possibility for everyone else. That puts the very notion of the free gift of salvation in a shambles. But anyway, the source could have been an evil source. Enlightening.

Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Suggesting I "may have not been saved" opens up a whole 'nother, big equation. If that was a possibility for me at the time despite most of my life having been a believer....then it's also a possibility for everyone else. That puts the very notion of the free gift of salvation in a shambles.

Keep in mind, that was just me searching for words on how to ask, "what was your spiritual state?" So I wasn't necessarily implying that you weren't. Just trying to pinpoint why you were being given a dream about hopeless.
It is possible I was "dream-fed" the dream by an evil source.... the source could have been an evil source.

I doubt it. The Devil doesn't warn people when they are dying spiritually, God does.

I've had arguments with people here at CF over the issue of their claiming that if anything is from the Holy Spirit it will only uplift and encourage. I can't tell you how strongly I disagree with that. Dreams are prophetic, and it has been my constant experience (not theory, experience) that they are more often than not used by God to warn His children about the directions they are taking in their lives.

The last... three dreams at least that I have interpreted have ALL been of this nature, including one about a pastor's wife who has been so consumed with money that she is destroying her and her husband's ministry, and causing their members to flee to other churches, despite the husband being a wonderful and powerful man of God (I love and admire her, too, but she has a problem with covetousness that runs in her family).

Trust me. Your dream was a warning from God about the direction you were going in. That's why you have remembered all this time. Nightmares are usually forgotten not long after the person has them.

Upvote 0

edk

Mar 3, 2018
Pacific
✟15,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Thank you. It opens up a some very big questions which I don't think can ever be answered in this life, like can "salvation" ever be known in this life?. Unlike two other dreams in my life (unlike all others) which gave clear information from God, this one was unclear. I did ask God for clarity at the time, but there was nothing in response. Just kinda had me wondering for a long time what it all meant, and if He was telling me something. For sure, at the time I was really fed up with Him, but later came to realize a big part of my confusion was coming from certain ways of dealing with faith. "The Shack" turned my head around. Appreciate your thoughtful response.

Upvote 0