✟267,362.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
FreeinChrist said:
Well, where i live we had our winter growing season. I can officially say I am sick of green beans.
But I wll plant them again for the fall season.
anyone else like to grow food?

This is what really should be happening. Prepping may be important. Growing the vegetation that is what would be for food and what there is needed is a change that as many as will should come to, it is needed in this world, it would have those prepping doing so with having a sustainable way that can continue, there can be individuals who would do this joining together for it, and those seeking greater godliness could join together for it, as community for it is better and to be desired, and if all in the world came to living that way it would be very sustainable.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA/Belize
✟1,747,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
We have friends that live 2 miles away. They got into having chickens and after looking at their set up and talking to them, it is tempting to start having them.

Or just keep supporting the local chicken growers.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA/Belize
✟1,747,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I have one to add - a beekeepers suit.
Holy cow, what fun we had this last week with africanized bees!!! They were working on a hive in my attic. Where I live, there are lots of bees and no one removes the hive - they kill the bees and then remove the hive. (Rare to find a glycophate product here).

So we have this big hive in our attic. I asked about bee removal and was referred to "the drunk guy in the village." (gotta love Belize). We started spraying with the common spray here, and it seemed to be working but still a bunch of bees. Finally, Sebastian (the drunk guy from the village) came with his brother. He said they were the aggressive africanized bees and he and his brother would be back and sundown to spray inside the attic and from the outside using a ladder.

The property manager made a mistake of paying them some before the work. Two very drunk guys came at sundown and neither could go up the ladder which they couldn't handle. The older guy that was in charge did get into the attic with his suit and sprayed a whole can of what I was using. Then they went outside and crashed. The property manager and my husband had to clean out the hive which the drunk guys were supposed to do. We ended up paying more than they earned but less than they wanted, and paid the property manger too, who had to take them home. sigh....

I figure I can buy a bee suit and then pay the $5 for the can of spray and do that all by myself!

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA/Belize
✟1,747,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Reactions: MrJim
Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA/Belize
✟1,747,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Well, tomorrow we may get a test as to our preparedness. Tropical Storm Earl is coming in sometime tomorrow night. Heavy rain is expected and so far, only 20 mile winds so it should not be bad.

Reactions: MWood
Upvote 0

MrJim

Legend 3/17/05
Mar 17, 2005
FEMA Region III
✟42,622.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Last edited:
Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟560,466.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The wife is buying a container of "crystallized bleach" and/or "bleach tablets.
We are compiling a list of thing we cannot make, grow, collect/derive from nature.
Vanilla
Coffee
Sugar
Salt
Soap
Shampoo
Vaseline
Dish Detergent
Zote or Fels-Naptha
Borax
Washing Soda
Baking Soda
Baking Powder
Vinegar
Cocoa
Batteries and solar battery chargers
Toilet Paper
Canning Jars and lids
Seeds!!!!!!!!
Just To name a few...

wife says to include potato chips and Hagen Daz

Reactions: Gaz54au
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟311,047.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
wife says to include potato chips and Hagen Daz
@ didaskalot:sleep: don't forget to include the all important seeds for sprouting. They can be used to make minichips and for emergency a copy of dazed and confused...

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟560,466.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
@ didaskalot:sleep: don't forget to include the all important seeds for sprouting. They can be used to make minichips and for emergency a copy of dazed and confused...
Indeed Cassia!
We got a little 4 tray sprouter a couple years ago and a couple bags of seeds. We just need to renew the seeds and keep a fresh supply. Lots of nutrients in sprouts!

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟311,047.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Indeed Cassia!
We got a little 4 tray sprouter a couple years ago and a couple bags of seeds. We just need to renew the seeds and keep a fresh supply. Lots of nutrients in sprouts!
:) More so than anywhere really and they're so compact that you can store enough to last a long time. I have a mixture of alfalfa, clover, broccoli and radish seeds sprouting right now. I'll put some in a tray to greenup on the windowsill.
That's a great sammy combo or for salads. Alfalfa has really deep roots so gets more nutrients from the soil packed into the seeds, broc for crucifers, can't remember what nutrients clover has but the goat's were pastured with alfalfa and clover for the best milk. And radish is completely alkaline (they prolly all are) but that gives a great pepper flavor ;)

The seeds keep forever

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA/Belize
✟1,747,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
We have a banana tree with fruit that should be ready in a few weeks, and a papaya plant that is about 10 tall with at least 12 good sized papayas growing. That will be ready to harvest in a month.
I plan to eat and freeze some of the bananas, but I am not that crazy about papaya. The fellow who set up the garden initially with us planted it. It is okay mixed with citrus juice and banana in a smoothie though. Or with red pepper seasoning on it.

I never knew that banana trees and papaya plants only have one harvest. Once we harvest the fruit, we need to remove them. We will probably reseed for papaya. The banana tree already had 'babies' so to speak, runners is another name and there are plenty so we should get a harvest now every year that is bigger.

Now what to do with the papaya? Figure I will be giving some to the landscaper and friends.

Upvote 0