Detroit Mi
✟7,868.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Im a pretty new convert and trib isnt an area i have spent alot of time on yet. What I do understand about it is mostly pre-trib so im looking mostly from that point of view. But any way would it be that far out of the question to think its great to save up and be prepared because before the Rapture its gonna get tough. But even after the Rapture the next 7 Years (hopefully we wont endure them) is gonna be real tough but through it were gonna get more Brothers and Sisters who convert. Now would it be cool to set cache boxes and such out for them with whats left after were ruptured? Basically prepare the best we can and pay the rest forward? I even thought of ordering a set of bibles for just that reason.

Upvote 0

Greengardener

for love is of God
Site Supporter
May 24, 2019
MidAtlantic
✟175,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Being prepared is like Solomon's ant story, gathering for a time when supplies will be slack. It doesn't take being convinced of a conspiracy or tribulation to realize it's just a sensible thing to do. Just knowing that we have hurricanes and other natural interruptions is plenty of reason to be reasonably prepared. Years ago a wise lady told my younger new-mom self, "If someone can get $40 ahead in grocery money, they can shop sales and save more money when planning meals." I found that was really $mart advice. Working in emergency preparedness alongside the health departments and EMS reminded me that even the government thinks we should have a certain degree of preparation in place. To be honest, if it weren't for being so privileged in America with our needs met so easily we would all realize that to be reasonably prepared isn't any different than taking food, water, toilet paper and a blanket when you are camping in the woods or an extra diaper or snack in your bag when traveling with a child. For home preparedness, if you do it right, it is just good stewardship and gives you more leeway for hospitality to others.

Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟746,824.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Im a pretty new convert and trib isnt an area i have spent alot of time on yet. What I do understand about it is mostly pre-trib so im looking mostly from that point of view. But any way would it be that far out of the question to think its great to save up and be prepared because before the Rapture its gonna get tough. But even after the Rapture the next 7 Years (hopefully we wont endure them) is gonna be real tough but through it were gonna get more Brothers and Sisters who convert. Now would it be cool to set cache boxes and such out for them with whats left after were ruptured? Basically prepare the best we can and pay the rest forward? I even thought of ordering a set of bibles for just that reason.

I won't debate eschatology in this forum but tribulation will come, no matter what, it will come.

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟267,876.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Whenever rapture comes, which is only about real believers being caught up to be with the Lord, even if before the prophesied tribulation period, it does not mean there won't be disasters we, believers and all, go through, before then. Believers being caught up to be with the Lord is really about not leaving believers here in this world while judgment from God on the unrepentant on this earth for the wickedness, materialism, exploitation, and destructiveness, which God hates, will come. Believers have always been going through disasters along with others. It is better to be prepared in ways we can be, which is a good thing, with there being responsibilities for us. I am sure it is not good to stay with society with its unrepentant wickedness, materialism, exploitation, and destructiveness, and move out with some others, believers with other believers, on land to independently grow things for all that would be needed, with living sustainably to not be a part of all the rest, with coming to more godliness as we should. We need that to be made known to us for that, none of us should depart from God, but we can live in a way that was for a model for any.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟562,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Whenever rapture comes, which is only about real believers being caught up to be with the Lord, even if before the prophesied tribulation period, it does not mean there won't be disasters we, believers and all, go through, before then. Believers being caught up to be with the Lord is really about not leaving believers here in this world while judgment from God on the unrepentant on this earth for the wickedness, materialism, exploitation, and destructiveness, which God hates, will come. Believers have always been going through disasters along with others. It is better to be prepared in ways we can be, which is a good thing, with there being responsibilities for us. I am sure it is not good to stay with society with its unrepentant wickedness, materialism, exploitation, and destructiveness, and move out with some others, believers with other believers, on land to independently grow things for all that would be needed, with living sustainably to not be a part of all the rest, with coming to more godliness as we should. We need that to be made known to us for that, none of us should depart from God, but we can live in a way that was for a model for any.
I think if time lasts Christians will do this (gather with each other). Not just because we want to "come out from among them..." but because they are going to drive us out. Christians are becoming more and more "disliked" in this culture. We are against all things things this culture loves, and they are getting pretty tired of us. Like Lot, it is easy for us to become vexed in our souls being around the abominations and blasphemy we see every day.

2 Peter 2:7-8 KJV
7. And delivered just Lot, vexed with the filthy conversation of the wicked:
8. (For that righteous man dwelling among them, in seeing and hearing, vexed his righteous soul from day to day with their unlawful deeds;

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟267,876.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think if time lasts Christians will do this (gather with each other). Not just because we want to "come out from among them..." but because they are going to drive us out. Christians are becoming more and more "disliked" in this culture. We are against all things things this culture loves, and they are getting pretty tired of us. Like Lot, it is easy for us to become vexed in our souls being around the abominations and blasphemy we see every day.

2 Peter 2:7-8 KJV
7. And delivered just Lot, vexed with the filthy conversation of the wicked:
8. (For that righteous man dwelling among them, in seeing and hearing, vexed his righteous soul from day to day with their unlawful deeds;

There is something to this, persecution will drive some out to the hills. But the collapse is coming, and we who are believers don't belong where some of us have to be told to come out from her. It is not where believers should be. What God said from the start should be observed. God hates what comes from the civilization.

Reactions: Joined2krist
Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟562,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There is something to this, persecution will drive some out to the hills. But the collapse is coming, and we who are believers don't belong where some of us have to be told to come out from her. It is not where believers should be. What God said from the start should be observed. God hates what comes from the civilization.
The wife and I were just saying that we do not think man was every intended to exist in these crowded, filthy cities.

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟267,876.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The wife and I were just saying that we do not think man was every intended to exist in these crowded, filthy cities.
I am glad to find any believers who agree to that much. I take it further, while I think when the rapture of believers from here to be with the Lord is most uncertain, the collapse and fall will come shortly, while we will very probably still be in this world, while believers are supposed to come out from it, even now, and before the collapse. Remember Lot's wife. More things of prophecy will be fulfilled later.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟562,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If a person needs fishmox (over the counter amoxicillin) now would be the time to get it. My understanding is that this over the counter pet medicine will become illegal without a prescription from a vet come June 1.

Upvote 0