• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Doubt and hurt

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Our faith isn't based on feelings but truth. Meanwhile if you have ocd are you medicated and taking the meds ? OCD thoughts have nothing to do with your position in Christ. If you gave your life to Christ in your correct thoughts and from the heart you are His. It doesn't matter what ocd thoughts say or what Satan says. We don't belong to Christ based on emotionalism but doctrinal truth. The day you came to Christ ( I assume you had that day), it was a legal exchange that was made in heaven.

What do you not believe then ? That you are His or that He ever was ? We have an enemy in this world and He looks to knock off the weak. But we have authority in Christ to tell that enemy to buzz off in the name of Jesus. You start pleading the blood, never mind your thoughts just do it if you are His. If you're not His, become His ( Jesus's) .

• Agree
Reactions: Tolworth John
Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I just won't pursue that right now.

So how active are you in your faith ? Often these faith weaknesses show up because we have put the bible down, prayer life slackens, no meetings either in bible study or maybe church life has dropped. We have an enemy that keys right into any or all that. And by the way, I think it's awesome you're reaching out here !

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jesuslove70708

Apr 25, 2021
La
✟111,663.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So I was such a good Christian I’m still a Christian but not as good it’s just it’s so sad

and im sad I feel like I don’t care really I keep breaking promises I try to stop but it’s kind a hard to have been doing for years

I’m sad every time I wake up and plus this is stupid things when I wake up in throughout the day

The main thing is I have no conviction so every time I sin and I feel like nothing
And sometimes it’s hard to realize when I said because I can’t get Convicted

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So I was such a good Christian I’m still a Christian but not as good it’s just it’s so sad

and im sad I feel like I don’t care really I keep breaking promises I try to stop but it’s kind a hard to have been doing for years

I’m sad every time I wake up and plus this is stupid things when I wake up in throughout the day

The main thing is I have no conviction so every time I sin and I feel like nothing
And sometimes it’s hard to realize when I said because I can’t get Convicted

Everything you have posted is based on feelings.

Christianity is based on historical facts.

So what is it that makes you a Christian? The answer will have nothing to do with your feelings or where you were born.

Are you going to see a doctor to find out whether you have ocd or something else and to get treatment?

There is nothing wrong with having doubts or questions about Christianity.
So long as you are looking for answers.

One of the quickest ways to find answers is to ask your pastor.

Upvote 0

jjoel10

May 4, 2021
Switzerland
✟9,846.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Our faith isn't based on feelings but truth. Meanwhile if you have ocd are you medicated and taking the meds ? OCD thoughts have nothing to do with your position in Christ. If you gave your life to Christ in your correct thoughts and from the heart you are His. It doesn't matter what ocd thoughts say or what Satan says. We don't belong to Christ based on emotionalism but doctrinal truth. The day you came to Christ ( I assume you had that day), it was a legal exchange that was made in heaven.

What do you not believe then ? That you are His or that He ever was ? We have an enemy in this world and He looks to knock off the weak. But we have authority in Christ to tell that enemy to buzz off in the name of Jesus. You start pleading the blood, never mind your thoughts just do it if you are His. If you're not His, become His ( Jesus's) .

I would like to reply too since I am facing a similar situation.. I don't know if its due to OCD or just Anxiety and terrible fear..
After having issues with false guilt (I don't know ho to discern between real and false guilt, since both feel the same)
Now I doubt my salvation, because I keep on constantly checking my heart and myself, whether I believe strongly enough? Whether I really want Jesus as my Saviour from my heart?
Is it wrong to need him for ''selfish'' reasons, like escaping Hell and since I know I can't get to the Father without him? I was scared terribly because I saw how Judas lived and eventho he was around Jesus he somehow rejected him? I am so scared that something like that can happen to me, maybe my faith is not strong enough? Sometimes thoughts like ''I don't even want him, I don't even see why I need him, I don't mean it from my heart etc..'' enter my thoughts :(

Upvote 0