May 28, 2015
✟614,543.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Shifting the goalposts - have to add that to the lying.

This is not about the current global warming issue.
What lie?....it not my paper.
So, you don't have an intelligent response outside side of 'shifting goalposts' and 'lying'. And here I thought you might be interested in a scientific conundrum....guess it is just easier to slander people.

Upvote 0

Bruce Leiter

A sinner saved by God's astounding grace and love
Jun 16, 2018
West Michigan
Visit site
✟56,865.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Doomsday Clock is 100 seconds to midnight, the symbolic hour of the apocalypse

The Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists is moving the Doomsday Clock up to 100 seconds to midnight — a metaphor for the end of the world — in a recognition of growing threats from nuclear war, climate change and disinformation.

It is the first time the clock has passed the two-minute mark in more than 70 years of existence, a testament to the need for urgent action, the Bulletin said Thursday, as the nonprofit’s leader warned of influential leaders who “denigrate and discard the most effective methods for addressing complex threats.”

“The challenge is what do we do about it?” President Rachel Bronson told The Washington Post. In the clock’s grimmest moment ever, she believes years of dire warnings have begun to break through.

“People are starting to get it,” Bronson said, pointing to the movement ignited by teen climate activist Greta Thunberg. “But we need our leaders to be responding.”

Jerry Brown, the former California governor who serves as executive chair for the Bulletin, had a darker message after the clock was unveiled. The longtime Democratic politician said he sees “a world of vast, deep and pervasive complacency” toward the Doomsday Clock’s message across the political spectrum.

“What is being said this morning is not being heard,” Brown said. “It’s being ignored. It’s being denied.”

More at the link: https://www.washingtonpost.com/weather/2020/01/23/doomsday-clock/?mc_cid=ccb3b18cd8&mc_eid=688ab137ca&utm_campaign=ccb3b18cd8-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2019_04_08_09_12_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Albert Mohler

I agree that the climate is changing, but where is the proof, not the theory, that humans have caused it? Furthermore, what if we can't reverse it and shouldn't try to?

Anyway, God will end this age when Jesus returns. Then, God will call every human to account for all our actions, words, and thoughts. For believers, he will make this present universe into a new heavens and a new earth, a perfect Paradise in which we will live with our resurrection bodies.

Come soon, Lord Jesus!

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟614,543.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Reactions: Aldebaran
Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,089.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What lie?....it not my paper.
My intent was to accuse you, correctly, of moving the goalposts. If I implied you were lying that was poor word choice (accidental) on my part and I apologize.
So, you don't have an intelligent response outside side of 'shifting goalposts' and 'lying'.
You clearly shift the goalposts - we are not talking about ice ages, we are talking about the current scientific position on human-caused global warming.

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,089.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I agree that the climate is changing, but where is the proof, not the theory, that humans have caused it?
Fact: The overwhelming majority of climate scientists agree that the evidence shows that climate change is human-caused.

Upvote 0

Semper-Fi

Site Supporter
May 26, 2019
Pacific north west
✟407,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Climate change ? I though GOD
was in control of the weather.

-for blessings

14That I will give you the rain of your land in his due season, the first rain and the latter rain,that thou mayest gather in thy corn, and thy wine, and thine oil.

-for punishment

7And also I have withholden the rain from you, when there wereyet three months to the harvest: and I caused it to rain upon onecity, and caused it not to rain upon another city: one piece was rained upon, and the piece whereupon it rained not withered.

-for the day of battle and war

22Hast thou entered into the treasures of the snow? or hast thou seen the treasures of the hail, 23Which I have reserved against the time of trouble, against the day of battle and war?

3The LORD is slow to anger, and great in power, and will not at all acquit the wicked: the LORD hath his way in the whirlwind and in the storm, and the clouds are the dust of his feet.
-

But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived

Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,567.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Growing threats from
  1. nuclear war,
  2. climate change
  3. ...and disinformation!

1. Was the original purpose of the Doomsday Clock, so fair enough, although it seems rather extraordinary to suggest that the danger of nuclear war is greater than it has ever been in history.

2. I understand many people are concerned about this, but the clock only started factoring it in after the collapse of the Soviet Union, after which the danger of nuclear war has since been considerably more remote. I can't escape the idea that this is really self promotion, that the Doomsday Clock is looking for new ways to justify its existence.

3. This sufficiently established that the Doomsday Clock is a joke.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟614,543.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
You clearly shift the goalposts - we are not talking about ice ages, we are talking about the current scientific position on human-caused global warming.
So climatology does not 'predict' the future based on the past? Then what do they use to tell us what will happen in the future?

• Agree
Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟614,543.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Fact: The overwhelming majority of climate scientists agree that the evidence shows that climate change is human-caused.
But that is not evidence/proof....that is simply opinion since they cannot/do not correlate that to past events. They are simply trying to predict the future.....

Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0

Ricky M

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2017
Los Angeles
✟130,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think a 2-3 degree rise in global temperatures is survivable. Last night I worried about rising temperatures without an endpoint. The amount of coal and hydrocarbons remaining in sedimentary rock formations is huge. England is largely deleted of coal. The US and Russia have large coal reserves remaining. Fracking shales and tight siltstone may result in the release of tremendous amounts of carbon dioxide from the combustion of petroleum products and natural gas. California shales are not good for fracking. Earthquakes already fracked that area. Minor past producing fields named Eagle Ford and Bakken are now major oil fields after fracking and the use of proppants.
Google 'Yellowstone Cauldera'. It's a super volcano right in the heart of the USA that is millennia overdue for an eruption. They are fracking the snot out of the overlaying rock. Trump may not have to take us down. We may be all blown up, or worse have to deal with the aftermath.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ricky M

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2017
Los Angeles
✟130,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You got that backwards. Very backwards.
First, "climate change" is the most over-hyped thing they're using.
Second, the doomsday clock business is lumping all sort of different things together when they determine how close to doomsday we are. They've been trying to tell us that doomsday is right around the corner ever since my Dad turned 7 years old, which was 73 years ago. The climate change crowd has been giving us their own brand of doomsday predictions for quite some time now:

From 1983--
"John Hoffman, head of strategic studies for the EPA, told the New York Times, 'Major changes will be here by the years 1990 to 2000, and we have to learn how to live with them.'"
EPA report predicts catastrophic global warming

From 1989--
Governments Start Preparing for Global Warming Disasters
The wolf did show up, and the people didn't respond because they were tired of hearing it.

Upvote 0

Ricky M

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2017
Los Angeles
✟130,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You guys have nowhere to go on this issue in the sense that the overwhelming majority of climate scientists do indeed believe that climate change is a human-caused problem.

No amount of lying - and I do mean lying - and Dunning-Kruger can change this. And please note: in this post, I am not accusing you, in particular, of lying.

About the lying: There is a disturbing trend of lying on this site, especially in three areas:

- defending Donald Trump;
- climate change
- evolution

Often, the lying is carefully dressed up. But lying it remains. People may not like the fact that the overwhelming majority of climate scientists believe global warming is caused by us. But when people suggest this is not the case - that there is not a strong consensus from the experts on this matter - they are, by any reasonable standard, lying.

And this on a Christian site.
You can add to that list

- Gay is ok

Upvote 0

Ricky M

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2017
Los Angeles
✟130,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If what scientists say is of such high value to those who believe in this global warming thing, then why do people lie about the effects the sun is having on the earth, which is to a larger degree than what man is causing? And why can't they answer the question about how the great ice age ended without humans doing anything at all but possibly use campfires that could possibly affect the climate? Last Glacial Period - Wikipedia

The glacial ice in Canada is said to have been up to 2 miles thick. Not there anymore! And all without human intervention, unless humans had coal fired power plants 11,700 years ago.
Could it be that - gasp - both man and nature are causing it in tandem?

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟653,244.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Of course not, and of course you don't want to because it's the perfect example of how climate can change--even drastically--without any human input at all. That's what's being ignored by the alarmists who want to use this hoax about human-caused CC as a way of taxing the people and shutting down industry.

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟653,244.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

FACT: The climate has drastically changed in the past without any human intervention. Therefore, it can do so again.

FACT: Climate alarmists don't want to talk about that fact.

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,089.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
FACT: The climate has drastically changed in the past without any human intervention. Therefore, it can do so again.
It can do it again? Of course it can. The question is not whether it can happen again, but whether it is happening again.

Imagine this statement:

The global population of rhinoceroses has drastically changed in the past without humans hunting them, and this could happen again; therefore, the current trend of diminishing numbers of rhinos has nothing to with humans shooting them in large numbers.

Such a claim is the very definition of idiocy.

Please - the shameless bravado of these "I know better than the experts" posts.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I do not care about what "people" say, I care about what actual qualified scientists say.

But, only "qualified scientists" that agree with "man made" climate change... right...

Cause there are "qualified scientists" that disagree with it being "man made"..Even the founder of "The Weather network" and the founder of "Green Peace".

And, no, finding the 1 in 100 who disagrees with the other 99 does not make your case.

Just because you find 99 that agree... doesn't mean they are right. Truth is not a democracy.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married

This is not about the current global warming issue.
All you have to do, to gauge if someone is correct in their assumption, speculations, theories and view... is to see what they predict and then see if those predictions come true..

So, according to the hoax movie of propaganda... by Al Gore.... none of it came true..

The scaremongering has to stop.....
Check out this article...all the past doomsday paranoia..... Someone is always going to tell the world that it better pay someone ... some money... or the world is going to end.

10 times 'experts' predicted the world would end by now

• Agree
Reactions: Aldebaran
Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I think a 2-3 degree rise in global temperatures is survivable. Last night I worried about rising temperatures without an endpoint. The amount of coal and hydrocarbons remaining in sedimentary rock formations is huge. England is largely deleted of coal. The US and Russia have large coal reserves remaining. Fracking shales and tight siltstone may result in the release of tremendous amounts of carbon dioxide from the combustion of petroleum products and natural gas. California shales are not good for fracking. Earthquakes already fracked that area. Minor past producing fields named Eagle Ford and Bakken are now major oil fields after fracking and the use of proppants.
I'm not worried about any of that. Nor am I worried about some clock, controlled by men and women.

God is in control. The only clock that matters is His clock.

Worried about temperatures rising without an endpoint... well, stop....

I was worried when the leaves fell off all the trees... But.. they grew back. The sun comes up every morning. The climate is cyclic.

Two other things will never change as well... People will lie to people to take their money.. and... there will always be fools who believe them and stand up for their lies.

Upvote 0