✟77,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Why was incest allowed in the Bible?

The term incest was used even when the behavior was acceptable, so there are other ways to look at what I said. I dont understand the liberal position though-how can something in this case be not appropriate but acceptable. Someone said about a church having a halloween party, after being convicted that halloween is just gross spooky stuff, that it wasnt a sin but it wasnt appropriate.

After Adam fell it took centuries for the fallen nature of man to genetically become weaker and weaker. Marrying a close relative can cause birth defects today. But, when men were living to be 200-300 years old? God saw no need yet to prohibit such marriages.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Oh I don't know about that Halloween is just a bit of harmless fun to me but that's an entirely different topic altogether.

I wasn't talking about your or Jesus hurting anybody's feelings. Neither of you were doing anything.

I dont think witchcraft movies that have witch protagonists and show it in detail are sinful neccesarily because they worship satan or fallen angels or evil spirits or the devil as a symbol or personification of evil or any concept of a devil or demon, or even because they have black magic, but simply because they show people trying to be little gods, which is spiritual adulterey. Its similar to why meditation is wrong. Its not neccesarily bowing to other gods or finding a replacement of God but its still idolatry and self worship and spiritual adulterey. I think movies like harry potter are wrong because they go against people worshipping God alone and depending on God for spiritual needs alone.

Upvote 0

April_Rose

Jul 4, 2020
Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
I dont think witchcraft movies that have witch protagonists and show it in detail are sinful neccesarily because they worship satan or fallen angels or evil spirits or the devil as a symbol or personification of evil or any concept of a devil or demon, or even because they have black magic, but simply because they show people trying to be little gods, which is spiritual adulterey. Its similar to why meditation is wrong. Its not neccesarily bowing to other gods or finding a replacement of God but its still idolatry and self worship and spiritual adulterey. I think movies like harry potter are wrong because they go against people worshipping God alone and depending on God for spiritual needs alone.

Eh,.. to each their own. Everybody's free to have their own opinion. However,.. disagreeing with somebody and insulting somebody are two entirely separate things. (As demonstrated in this thread.)

• Agree
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Eh,.. to each their own. Everybody's free to have their own opinion. However,.. disagreeing with somebody and insulting somebody are two entirely separate things. (As demonstrated in this thread.)

At least indirectly by definition homosexuality is inappropriate sexuality.

What should be the Christian response to vampires?
In other words, the term "vampire" is in the eye of the beholder. Vampires in modern literature seem to have only two common characteristics: they drink blood (not always human blood), and they have superhuman strength or powers. A Christian, then, should evaluate vampire books and movies as they should evaluate any entertainment: is it edifying?

Is the story ultra-violent? Does it have graphic and/or inappropriate sexuality? Could the seductive actions of the vampires lead its audience to lust or enforce unrealistic expectations on the opposite sex? Does the story portray being undead as an attractive alternative? Are other occult activities like witchcraft shown in a favorable light (Deuteronomy 18:9-12)?

If so, the story should be avoided. It is how the vampire is portrayed and the overall story which determines the appropriateness. The presence of a vampire in a book or movie alone should not always call for universal dismissal. After all, millions of American children have learned their numbers thanks to Count von Count on Sesame Street.

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Witch craft movies edifies people who follow demonic powers. To the rest of us? Its just a curiosity form of entertainment.

I once drove about an hour to go hear some witches give a lecture at a college. It was posted in a local paper about community activities. They were apparently recruiting if they could. Problem was... suddenly in the middle of speaking, he could not continue to speak. They then formed a circle in front of us and held hands. Then some began looking over their shoulders looking at some of us in the audience. I was very relaxed. The Lord was fighting the fight.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Homophobia Has No Place in the Church
I have a fear as well, but my fear is that homophobia is all too common, not just in society, but even within the church. Some may object to my use of the word homophobia. It can sometimes be used as a politically loaded term wielded to silence any and all opposition to same-sex sexual activity. However, this is not the root definition of the term.

Simply put, homophobia means a fear of homosexuality and, more specifically, homosexual people. And while it is not the same as loving, biblical opposition to certain behaviors or beliefs, this fear-based attitude often leads to unhelpful stereotypes, prejudice, and even cruel mistreatment.

So, let’s call a spade a spade. Homophobia exists, and it has no place in the church.

Search Your Heart
No doubt some who feel convicted will push back. “Well, I don’t think that all gay people are dangerous predators, so I’m not homophobic.” However, homophobia can often take subtler, equally sinister forms. For example, homophobia can subtly infiltrate not only our beliefs, but also our reasons for these beliefs. These principles themselves might be correct and godly, but they can be believed for all the wrong reasons.

Honestly consider your own heart in the following examples:

• Is your belief that same-sex sexual activity is sin based finally on solid biblical exegesis? Or is it really based on the fact that you don’t understand how someone could be attracted to the same sex, and this unknown seems to you just plain creepy?

• Is your opposition to so-called same-sex marriage based on a principled biblical definition of marriage? Or is it more influenced by a fear that same-sex couples might signal the unraveling of comfortable cultural norms and usher in the end of a once-pristine “Judeo-Christian society”? Or maybe your fear is more that one such couple might move in next door, and you might actually be pressured to befriend them?

• Does your opposition to homosexual practice include the ability to lovingly welcome LGBT people into a Sunday service or other gathering with other Christians? Or does opposition for you mean that you wish they would just stay away so you aren’t made uncomfortable by their very presence?

• In standing for Christian sexual ethics, do you encourage and support those SSA believers within the church who are striving to remain faithful to biblical teaching by welcoming them into full participation in church life? Or does standing for biblical sexuality mean that they can come to church, but they can’t grow in influence or serve the body through teaching, and they should probably stay away from the youth group?
Biblical exegesis is a wonderful underpinning for belief, and love is a worthy motive for action. Fear is a horrible reason for both.

It would do us well to humbly examine our hearts to reveal the motives and fears behind our attitudes toward people who identify as “gay.” Happily upholding Christian sexual ethics is not the same as harboring animosity toward an entire group of people simply because you find them yucky.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It's alright I was confused about what you said anyways. So no problem! :D

Another quote from John Piper.
Love, Not Fear
Instead, Christians — of all people on the planet — must operate not out of fear, but love. We recognize that all people are created in the image of God (Genesis 1:27) and are therefore sacred and worthy of love.

Furthermore, we are called to love with the very love of our Father (Matthew 5:45), which calls us to love even our enemies (Matthew 5:44–48). Such love casts out fear because it no longer fears God’s judgment and therefore is freed to love with lavishness (1 John 4:18).

“When we love in this manner, we expose homophobia for what it really is: pride.”
1 John 4:19). He wasn’t threatened or repelled by us; he wasn’t afraid to enter a relationship with us, sinners that we were (and still are), and to even graciously speak the truth about our sin. Instead, he loved us so lavishly that he died for us to present us clean and whole before his Father (Romans 5:6–8).

When we love in this manner, we expose homophobia for what it really is: pride. It is an attitude that puts beneath us others whose sins and temptations we deem “more depraved” than our own, as we wickedly proclaim with the Pharisee, “Well, at least I don’t struggle with that” (Luke 18:11).

The truth is that sin is sin, temptation is temptation, and “men who have sex with men” is listed right alongside greed, drunkenness, deception, and slander as worthy of exclusion from the kingdom (1 Corinthians 6:9–10). All equally damnable. Who among us is innocent?

So, let us examine our hearts, identify attitudes of fear and the roots of pride, wherever they exist, and put to death ungodly prejudices that ultimately hinder the truth. In our quest for biblical fidelity, we must not only uphold the truth, but do so in love (Ephesians 4:15).

Biblical love requires that we speak the truth. And when we speak out of homophobia, rather than in love, it is we who are in the wrong.

Upvote 0

lambofgod43985889

of christian forum
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
temuco
✟155,137.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Then why have you antagonized so many in this thread?
That is over, also the truth is one, it's not important to say we believe in the same God

This is not a bad thing or mistreatment

Upvote 0

RushMAN

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2020
West Coast
✟101,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Many Protestants are rough with them, saying them they are going to hell.

If they don't repent they are, even the Bible says homosexuals will not get to Heaven.

Don’t you know that the unrighteous will not inherit God’s kingdom? Do not be deceived: No sexually immoral people, idolaters, adulterers, or anyone practicing homosexuality, no thieves, greedy people, drunkards, verbally abusive people, or swindlers will inherit God’s

1 Cor 6:9-10

• Agree
Reactions: April_Rose
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If they don't repent they are, even the Bible says homosexuals will not get to Heaven.

Don’t you know that the unrighteous will not inherit God’s kingdom? Do not be deceived: No sexually immoral people, idolaters, adulterers, or anyone practicing homosexuality, no thieves, greedy people, drunkards, verbally abusive people, or swindlers will inherit God’s

The same applies to anyone who doesnt repent.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
After Adam fell it took centuries for the fallen nature of man to genetically become weaker and weaker. Marrying a close relative can cause birth defects today. But, when men were living to be 200-300 years old? God saw no need yet to prohibit such marriages.

This shows that homosexuality theologians are contradicting themselves. By definition its a form of rebellion and people not following Gods laws.

Upvote 0

lambofgod43985889

of christian forum
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
temuco
✟155,137.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private

All in a nice and RESPECTFUL way, in order to reach souls

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Witch craft movies edifies people who follow demonic powers. To the rest of us? Its just a curiosity form of entertainment.

I once drove about an hour to go hear some witches give a lecture at a college. It was posted in a local paper about community activities. They were apparently recruiting if they could. Problem was... suddenly in the middle of speaking, he could not continue to speak. They then formed a circle in front of us and held hands. Then some began looking over their shoulders looking at some of us in the audience. I was very relaxed. The Lord was fighting the fight.

This post

is directly related to.
shows that focus on details of spooky occult things, like wierd sounds and noises of people with wierd little god powers or people who do magic with wierd mystical symbols that leave an impression, or wierd ceremonies and rituals would be legally playing around with borderline neglect even if those shows were pgp 13, because all of those spooky things i mentioned are vulgar.

Upvote 0

RushMAN

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2020
West Coast
✟101,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Online things are real, to buy, to educate, entertain, read books, see lots of movies, congregate with your church through apps

All is real

Nope. Online is more or as fake as a soap opera. You see online most people are really anonymous and a majority of people don't act in real life like they do online. The lie is online is real, the truth is online is fake.

Upvote 0

lambofgod43985889

of christian forum
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
temuco
✟155,137.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Nope. Online is more or as fake as a soap opera. You see online most people are really anonymous and a majority of people don't act in real life like they do online. The lie is online is real, the truth is online is fake.
Lessons online through Zoom, are fake?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.