• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Don't talk bad things about Catholics nor homosexuals

Discussion in 'Christian Philosophy & Ethics' started by lambofgod43985889, Sep 14, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sammy-San

Sammy-San Newbie

+824
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Its not genetic. its a weakness caused by people having troubled backgrounds.

2. April_Rose

April_Rose Well-Known Member

+2,408
    United States
    Methodist
    Engaged

Exactly. The entire purpose of this thread seems to be promoting homosexuality and that is definitely a problem in itself.

3. All4Christ

All4Christ ✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙ CF Senior Ambassador Supporter

+6,911
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    I’ve had many think I’m a guy as well ;) despite the signature under my avatar, lol.

4. Sammy-San

Sammy-San Newbie

+824
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Its a self defeating statement. adam and eves kids marrying siblings wasnt incest even though they were closely related because it was justifiable and not grotesque like incest in later time periods. That implies that by definition incest is unwholesome and unjustifiable.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. April_Rose

+2,408
    United States
    Methodist
    Engaged

If you treat your friends the way you've been treating her I wonder how you treat your enemies. And I'm saying this because I only want the best for you,.. but people aren't going to want to be friends with you if you insult them and their faith. (Or if you insult their friends.)

6. Tigger45

Tigger45 Martin Luther Supporter

+10,046
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Constitution
    I don’t understand your reply to my post. Please elaborate.

7. April_Rose

+2,408
    United States
    Methodist
    Engaged

Dang it!! :doh:

8. Sammy-San

Sammy-San Newbie

+824
    Non-Denom
    Single
    People say its love but theres nothing loving about medically dangerous behavior.

9. Sammy-San

Sammy-San Newbie

+824
    Non-Denom
    Single
  10. April_Rose

+2,408
    United States
    Methodist
    Engaged
    Well @Michie is forever my sister in Christ and I love her LOTS. :D

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  11. Sammy-San

Sammy-San Newbie

+824
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Bad argument I mentioned. Some things are never to be mixed in with what is sacred but that doesn't mean that those things are wrong. Im not saying I think its right but what I said made no sense. I apologize.

12. April_Rose

+2,408
    United States
    Methodist
    Engaged

It's alright I was confused about what you said anyways. So no problem! :D

13. Sammy-San

Sammy-San Newbie

+824
    Non-Denom
    Single
    I wouldnt be too concerned about this topic its just an endless genealogy.

14. chevyontheriver

chevyontheriver Well-Known Member Supporter

+9,112
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-American-Solidarity
    Well, it's your thread. See if you can rescue it and bring it to a peaceful close. Right now it's a hot mess and you have antagonized all the Catholics who have read it.

15. April_Rose

+2,408
    United States
    Methodist
    Engaged

And me since they're my friends.

16. Archivist

Archivist Senior Veteran Supporter

+5,519
    Lutheran
    Single
    US-Republican
    Then why have you antagonized so many in this thread?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  17. Sammy-San

Sammy-San Newbie

+824
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Why was incest allowed in the Bible?
    The term incest was used even when the behavior was acceptable, so there are other ways to look at what I said. I dont understand the liberal position though-how can something in this case be not appropriate but acceptable. Someone said about a church having a halloween party, after being convicted that halloween is just gross spooky stuff, that it wasnt a sin but it wasnt appropriate.

18. genez

genez Contributor Supporter

+1,785
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    US-Constitution

Get behind me Satan!
    (but, it still doesn't give Jesus any right to insult people and hurt Peter's feelings.) :scratch:

Jesus said that we are to be honest with one another, and to love one another like He loved the disciples. He was loving Peter, and was being absolutely blunt with the Truth that Peter needed to be crushed by before the Lord could rebuild Peter into what God wanted Peter to become.

If we walk in the Spirit and seek to follow the Truth? We will get (at times) our feelings stomped on. If we want to continue following Him? Our flesh is not to be given any quarters if we wish to follow the Lord. That is why Jesus required the following for anyone who wished to truly follow the Word of God:

Then Jesus said to his disciples, “If any of you wants
    to be my follower, you must give up your own way,
    take up your cross, and follow me."
    Mat 16:24​

So... If we learn and study God's Word with accuracy? And, come to the realization that (according to the Word of God) something is corrupt? AND, EXPOSING IT WILL HURT SOME FEELINGS? Are feelings supposed to trump Truth?

For the time will come when men will not put up with/tolerate
    sound doctrine.
    Instead, to suit their own desires, they will
    gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their
    itching ears want to hear."
    2 Tim 4:3​

Its no wonder why we have over 1000 denominations. Feelings rule.

19. April_Rose

+2,408
    United States
    Methodist
    Engaged

Oh I don't know about that Halloween is just a bit of harmless fun to me but that's an entirely different topic altogether.

I wasn't talking about your or Jesus hurting anybody's feelings. Neither of you were doing anything.

20. genez

genez Contributor Supporter

+1,785
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    US-Constitution
    The Truth got Jesus crucified. The Truth got Martin Luther almost assassinated because he decided to show believers what the Bible teaches....

Deep State corruption has been with the world for a long time. Always working its way into positions of legitimate power as to corrupt it and use it for their own selfish desires..
    If it does not agree with the written Word of God? Its the denial of Christ. For He is the Word made flesh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.