Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
TimMyers,
It is a matter of trial and error, experience with what we didn't originally consider spiritual. People here do not assume every dream is from God. They post here to get feedback, or because they feel God has asked them to make a hunch more public.

Many of us have found that God gives us information to pray over. It does not need to be a perfect or complete and whole body of information, because we are called to pray -- for our families, friends, and those in authority.

When we aren't diligent in that, we need nudges. In this age of information overload, our minds are not always quieted enough until we sleep.

Many Christians agree that they hear God within their minds. "God told me to... I felt God leading me... He reassured me... He gave me a verse."

Our dreams use the same minds. The same Holy Spirit dwells within us. So it is not much different from a person saying, "I feel like I need to check out -x- college and I don't know why."

Reactions: Firewater
Upvote 0

makeupgirl

joint heirs with Christ
Sep 28, 2009
USA
✟15,615.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Ok, I said I was done posting but here goes...

I agree with Tim, sometimes a dream is just a dream (I'm saying this because I read what he originally wrote)

Can't knock him for stating an opinion.

Although Heron's post makes a lot of sense.

Reactions: heron
Upvote 0

BobW188

Growling Maverick
Jul 19, 2008
Southern Minnesota
✟10,103.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
The Bible tells us of dreams from God or angel messengers, so we take the possibility as being there. Also, dreams can have an immediacy and relevance that makes you wonder.

Beyond this, our capacity to dream is as God-given as anything else about us.

That said, I think makeupgirl's post is on point. Most dreams are intrapsychic, though God may conceal himself and use psyche to deliver a "filtered" message.

Upvote 0

lutherangerman

Jan 30, 2009
Eppendorf, Germany
✟17,788.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Well the lesson is some dreams are remarkable while others are not. I've had very cool, lucid dreams in which God told me something, and others which were complete garbage.

I mean, recently I've had many dreams about going to school again. I always had a bit of a bad conscience in them because for a time in my life I messed up my study at college and instead stayed in my room and didn't tell my parents about it. I think God wants me to learn things again together with other christians. I don't have THAT much knowledge of the bible and of theology.

Upvote 0

Spiritlight

✰•.¸¸★•*´¨`*•.¸.✰
Apr 1, 2011
manitoba
✟23,118.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"Why do people believe their dreams may be messages from God?".

Because God doesn't have a cell phone and my phone number. God speaks to us in dreams It has always been that way
. When we go to that other place when we are quiet and still god can speak to us there.
Almost all revelation in the bible, prophecy, dreams, visions, are direct communication methods God uses with us..Fairly biblical.

Upvote 0

Spiritlight

✰•.¸¸★•*´¨`*•.¸.✰
Apr 1, 2011
manitoba
✟23,118.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wrong section.

This place is for Dream Interpretation only...not your personal opinions on dreams as not to get into any pointless arguments.
It is entirely possible Tim is unsure if he should trust his dreams to be direct revelation from god.Asking other christians is a wise thing to do if you are unsure. Though like you said probably the wrong place to ask it.

1 Thessalonians. 5
16 Rejoice always, 17 pray continually, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.
19 Do not quench the Spirit. 20 Do not treat prophecies with contempt 21 but test them all; hold on to what is good, 22 reject every kind of evil.

witha bit of luck tim was just doing this.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
ReturnofPastorBob!! said:
Beyond this, our capacity to dream is as God-given as anything else about us.
(-:

Even though I spend time on this forum, the number of dreams I have myself that seem to be from God are a handful per year. I get some quick visions too -- not visual, but sensing and understanding as though I could see the scenario. Those are more frequent, and usually during waking hours.

There are certain people here on the forum who seem to get many more than others. I see some people getting a lot of alerts about family, some about global issues, some about projects they're working on... everyone seems to lean toward their own tendency.

Obviously there would be people who rarely get them, or don't get them at all. If we lived in a perfect world, we wouldn't need warnings.

With anything, we need to be responsible with any knowledge and situation that's before us. Getting something from God doesn't mean we have earned any rights or special favor -- we are all under the same covenant, where God is our omniscient provider.

Upvote 0
E

emogirl93

all this talk and no one has given any proof from the bible that dreams are used by GOD to speak to people. so i guess it has to be me. :doh:

job 33:14,15,16,17,18
[14]for GOD speaketh once, yea twice, yet man perceiveth it not.
[15] in a dream, in a vision of the night, when deep sleep falleth upon men, in slumberings upon the bed; [16]then he openeth the ears of men, and sealeth their instruction, [17]that he may withdraw man from his purpose, and hide pride from man. [18]he keepeth back his soul from the pit, and his life from perishing by the sword.

Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Thanks for verses, emogirl. We've had this discussion here before, so I think people were not giving full answers. The Bible has many references to God speaking through dreams.

Jacob, Abimelech, NT Joseph twice+, OT Joseph, Egyptian cupbearer and baker, Joseph's Pharaoh, Daniel, Nebuchadnezzar, Laban, Solomon, Gideon's contact, P.Pilate...not to mention those who had visions.

Nu 12:6 "Listen to my words: "When a prophet of the Lord is among you, I reveal myself to him in visions, I speak to him in dreams.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Spiritlight

✰•.¸¸★•*´¨`*•.¸.✰
Apr 1, 2011
manitoba
✟23,118.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, even then check the message against scripture.

Remember: Satan can appear as an angel of light.

90% of the time its God ok so your talking to the devil 10 %

Romans 8
26 27 And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God’s people in accordance with the will of God.
28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who[i] have been called according to his purpose.

Dont stress about listening to dreams it will all work out good.

Upvote 0

lilmissmontana

singing my hallelujah song
Feb 22, 2005
the wings of a snow white dove
✟153,558.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
No, even then check the message against scripture.

Remember: Satan can appear as an angel of light.

for sure ... never forget to make sure it lines up with scripture ... but still ... they're not like any other dream you ever have ...

most excellent point ... he sure can appear as an angel of light ...

Upvote 0

lilmissmontana

singing my hallelujah song
Feb 22, 2005
the wings of a snow white dove
✟153,558.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private

Dont stress about listening to dreams it will all work out good.

another good statement ... there is no need to stress ... He knows exactly where you are with it all and will make sure you know what you need to know ...

Upvote 0