Don't have children for the wrong reasons!

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,190.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
What do you know about raising kids? Seriously. What does your spouse know?

Unless you both came from awesome families, you probably won't raise awesome families. At least one of you will resort to the parenting methods his or her parents used.

• We are all here on earth to help others; what on earth the others are here for I don't know. ...
W.H. Auden

• We are all here on earth to help others; what on earth the others are here for I don't know. ...
My best friend comes from a very dysfunctional family but is managing to raise a wonderful family of his own. Imperfect, but wonderful. He has a great wife and great kids; his parents and sister are very codependent and wallow in a victim mentality but he has a good thing going with his wife and kids and loves them to pieces, they're very good kids raised in faith and love.

Same goes for a close friend of my sister. Her friend was horribly abused by her father, but she's made good choices in dealing with that. She's married they have 1-2 kids with another on the way and lives a very healthy life with a healthy family. The kids are loved and being well-raised.

Children are really the supreme gift of marriage and contribute very substantially to the welfare of their parents. The God Himself Who said, "it is not good for man to be alone" (Gen. 2:18) and "Who made man from the beginning male and female" (Matt. 19:4), wishing to share with man a certain special participation in His own creative work, blessed male and female, saying: "Increase and multiply" (Gen. 1:28). Hence, while not making the other purposes of matrimony of less account, the true practice of conjugal love, and the whole meaning of the family life which results from it, have this aim: that the couple be ready with stout hearts to cooperate with the love of the Creator and the Savior. Who through them will enlarge and enrich His own family day by day.​

Upvote 0