Donald Trump said "sling and arrows" just to avoid the apocalyptic word "bow"?

joinfree

Nov 3, 2016
EU
✟36,708.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Revelation 6:1-4 King James Version (KJV)
6 And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard, as it were the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying, Come and see.

2 And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.

3 And when he had opened the second seal, I heard the second beast say, Come and see.

4 And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword.

Kerensa

Apr 20, 2017
Kent
✟103,391.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It's a quote from Shakespeare's Hamlet — "the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune" (look it up). Absolutely nothing to do with the Apocalypse.

I'm far more concerned that he seems unable to say the words "white supremacism" and "Nazism" in relation to what's happening in Charlottesville at the moment.

Upvote 0

Apr 3, 2017
None
✟30,626.00
Country
Zimbabwe
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
6 And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard, as it were the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying, Come and see.

2 And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.

3 And when he had opened the second seal, I heard the second beast say, Come and see.

4 And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword.

You seriously never heard the expression before?

Upvote 0

joinfree

Nov 3, 2016
EU
✟36,708.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's a quote from Shakespeare's Hamlet — "the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune" (look it up). Absolutely nothing to do with the Apocalypse.

I'm far more concerned that he seems unable to say the words "white supremacism" and "Nazism" in relation to what's happening in Charlottesville at the moment.
The Trump is not properly elected yet: the Russia investigation is not finished. So, do not be in concern what a business-man does.

Upvote 0

Apr 3, 2017
None
✟30,626.00
Country
Zimbabwe
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It is the absurd expression, but it has some hidden meaning. "slings and arrows" and not "stones and arrows"

"The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, Or to take arms against a sea of troubles, And by opposing end them? "To suffer" means "to do nothing," which is what the man of virtue was supposed to do when seized by the lust for revenge."

Hamlet...

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,190,958.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The Trump is not properly elected yet: the Russia investigation is not finished. So, do not be in concern what a business-man does.
The election has been certified, he is properly elected, no matter what comes become of the investigation.

Upvote 0

Yonny Costopoulis

Jul 22, 2017
Crete
✟60,005.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Married

No. Trump just not very smart. Is well known fact he speak at very low level. Here is example from AP interview. Is just big spew of words without meaning:

TRUMP: Number One, there's great responsibility. When it came time to, as an example, send out the 59 missiles, the Tomahawks in Syria. I'm saying to myself, "You know, this is more than just like, 79 (sic) missiles. This is death that's involved," because people could have been killed. This is risk that's involved, because if the missile goes off and goes in a city or goes in a civilian area — you know, the boats were hundreds of miles away — and if this missile goes off and lands in the middle of a town or a hamlet .... every decision is much harder than you'd normally make. (unintelligible) ... This is involving death and life and so many things. ... So it's far more responsibility. (unintelligible) ....The financial cost of everything is so massive, every agency. This is thousands of times bigger, the United States, than the biggest company in the world. The second-largest company in the world is the Defense Department. The third-largest company in the world is Social Security. The fourth-largest — you know, you go down the list…It's massive. And every agency is, like, bigger than any company. So you know, I really just see the bigness of it all, but also the responsibility. And the human responsibility. You know, the human life that's involved in some of the decisions.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums