Dog domestication and young earth creationism.

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Gray wolf - Wikipedia

The evolution of the wolf occurred over a geologic time scale of 800,000 years, transforming the first Middle Pleistocene wolf specimen that is recognized as being morphologically similar to Canis lupus into today's dog, dingo and gray wolf. Ecological factors including habitat type, climate, prey specialization and predatory competition will greatly influence the wolf's genetic population structure and cranio-dental plasticity. Wolves went through a population bottleneck 20,000 years before present (YBP), which indicates that many wolf populations had gone extinct at a time that coincided with the Last Glacial Maximum and the expansion of modern humans worldwide with their technology for capturing large game. The domestic dog is the most widely abundant large carnivore and a descendant from one of those now-extinct wolf populations.

When was that from a young earth creationist point of view?

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
I don't know if they were created independent or were bred from other canines. I know most of the breeds we have today didn't exist prior to the 19th century due simply to cross breeding. Their current state could just be a simple product of several thousands of years of cross breeding. There were only 2 to 7 of each kind of animal on the ark that gave us the sepcies differentiation we have today. Same concept.

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I don't know if they were created independent or were bred from other canines. I know most of the breeds we have today didn't exist prior to the 19th century due simply to cross breeding. Their current state could just be a simple product of several thousands of years of cross breeding. There were only 2 to 7 of each kind of animal on the ark that gave us the sepcies differentiation we have today. Same concept.
Why are you so against having a wolf be the kind from which al dogs are derived?

• Agree
Reactions: CrystalDragon
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It cant be duplicated today?

It was. A wolf breeder selected offspring based on attitude and disposition.
After a few generations he PHYSICALLY changed the animals
so much that he stopped his research believing he was causing
the species harm.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It was. A wolf breeder selected offspring based on attitude and disposition.
After a few generations he PHYSICALLY changed the animals
so much that he stopped his research believing he was causing
the species harm.

How did that stop the wolves from viewing humans as prey? I don't know if genetic memory is real.

Last edited:
Upvote 0