• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Featured Young earth creationism & 40000 year old frozen wolf

Discussion in 'Controversial Christian Theology' started by mcarans, Jun 14, 2019.

1. mcarans

mcarans Active Member

+96
    Denmark
    Non-Denom
    Married
    "The severed head of a wolf that died about 40,000 years ago has been found in Siberia, and because of the freezing conditions, the remains are so well preserved that the fur, teeth, brain and facial tissue are largely intact.

Pavel Yefimov, a local resident, discovered the head last summer on the banks of the Tirekhtyakh river close to the Arctic Circle in the region of Yakutia, according to the Siberian Times.

[​IMG]

The head was handed to the Science Academy of Yakutia. Researchers there sent samples and measurement data abroad and with help from colleagues in Japan and Sweden determined its age as approximately 40,000 years, the news outlet said.

Footage provided to Reuters TV by the academy shows the head of an animal, visibly bigger than that of a modern wolf, covered with fur and with teeth visible. Its eyes are missing."

Young earth creationism says the world is in the order of 10000 years old. How does it account for a 40000 year old wolf's head?

Frozen wolf's head found in Siberia is 40,000 years old

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Jonathan Walkerin

Jonathan Walkerin Well-Known Member

+318
    Sweden
    Catholic
    Married
    You know they will say that devil chopped the head off few weeks ago, then aged the skull and buried it so it would be found and thus undermine God`s word or some such.

3. Lost4words

Lost4words Like a puppy, i need guidance. Supporter

+2,975
    United Kingdom
    Catholic
    Single
    They will twist the story to suit their beliefs.

4. myst33

myst33 Well-Known Member

+930
    Czech Republic
    Christian
    Single
    And now you have opened a Pandora' box with all the standard stuff:

a) "datation is unreliable because Mt. Hellens..." (nolidad)
    b) "scientists are evil or demon possesed" (dad)

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
  5. Carl Emerson

Carl Emerson Well-Known Member

+815
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Married
    Is this a provocative post to discredit folks with certain beliefs or are we looking for some stimulating discussion?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  6. mcarans

mcarans Active Member

+96
    Denmark
    Non-Denom
    Married
    The OP asks the question "Young earth creationism says the world is in the order of 10000 years old. How does it account for a 40000 year old wolf's head?". I can't see how asking a valid question discredits folks.

7. Carl Emerson

+815
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Married
    The comments that followed did...

8. mcarans

mcarans Active Member

+96
    Denmark
    Non-Denom
    Married
    I didn't write those comments. Are you going to answer the question or change the subject?

9. Jonathan Walkerin

Jonathan Walkerin Well-Known Member

+318
    Sweden
    Catholic
    Married
    I vote for provocative since there is no other way this topic can be stimulating since there is zero evidence for YEC position.

If you hold dear to your fantasies of 6000 year old earth then how could a 40000 year old wolf head not discredit you ?

Especially since that is position you have taken against all evidence so it must be some kind of core issue for you. Not like we have not been through this dance every few weeks, but whatever.

10. Carl Emerson

+815
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Married
    I rest my case...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  11. mcarans

mcarans Active Member

+96
    Denmark
    Non-Denom
    Married
    You have no case since I didn't write that or any of the other comments that make up your case just the OP which you seem unwilling to answer.

12. Carl Emerson

+815
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Married
    Your opening post was fine...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. -Sasha-

-Sasha- Handmaid of God

+266
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    I would imagine that mistrust in the accuracy of the dating process would be involved.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  14. Carl Emerson

+815
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Married
    I am not sure, but I have pondered on the possibility that time has grown and changed it's rate. I understand that if you plot the ages of the Patriarchs the curve closely fits a growth curve. This could be complete fiction but if not then it would explain why the discrepancy between the biblical and scientific claims. I have no doubt that God who created everything, and put laws in place, He can override in an instant. So science can only go so far with analysis of the physical when He can bring into being whatever He wants and How He wants, not being subject to the Laws He created. There are several examples of this in Scripture, the resurrection of Jesus being the key one.

15. sparow

sparow Well-Known Member Supporter

+220
    Protestant
    Single

I do not have a problem with the wolf from a Christian perspective but I do not have enough confidence in science to believe the 40000 years, a million years is as believable.

I do not take the creation account literally, given by Moses 2000 years after Adam; Adam was the beginning of a seven thousand year long creation of the Kingdom of God, which is still under construction; what happened prior to Adam, (except possibly the war in heaven) is irrelevant to the kingdom of God. The creation story truncates the unknown which would be a distraction to the Biblical purpose. Adam was unique, Isaac was unique and Jesus was unique.

16. Dkh587

Dkh587 David דויד Supporter

+864
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    They can’t prove it’s 40,000. That’s a guess.

17. mcarans

mcarans Active Member

+96
    Denmark
    Non-Denom
    Married
    You can't prove the medicines science has produced will heal your particular illnesses or medical conditions yet I suspect you'll still take them anyway.

18. Dkh587

Dkh587 David דויד Supporter

+864
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    You’re asking how young earth creationism accounts for a 40,000 year old wolf, yet you nor them can prove it’s 40,000 years old.

How is young earth creationism supposed to account for a 40,000 year old wolf that scientists can’t even prove is 40,000 years old?

19. Carl Emerson

+815
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Married
    Case in point - Paracetamol - probably the most used pill - they don't know exactly how it works!

20. mcarans

mcarans Active Member

+96
    Denmark
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Scientists make an estimate within a range. They might say for example 38000 to 42000 years of even 30000 to 50000 years. The point is even if the margin of error were 50%, the wolf's head would still be older than 10000 years.