Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,246.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
i think the question here is if putting a happy face over Jesus is in fact a mockery, or, rephrased, if making lite a traditional image with emojis a mockery.

the shirt is made by a company called "Shelfies" and on their website they described their company saying "Shelfies is an all-over-print clothing brand featuring outrageous photorealistic sweaters, tees, hoodies, onesies, socks, leggings and more designed to make you smile."

They also feature a number of designs featuring Trudeau himself in this "make you smile" philosophy such as these sweaters:
sweatshirts-moosin-trudeau-sweater-1_compact.jpg
sweatshirts-dreamy-trudeau-sweater-1_compact.jpg
sweaters-justin-trudeau-face-sweater-1_compact.jpg

this doesn't redeem the emoji last supper but perhaps it reveals it with a different spirit behind. they also have other products that depict Jesus​

sweaters-sloth-jesus-sweater-1_compact.jpg
sweaters-party-god-sweater-1_compact.jpg
sweaters-holy-jesus-sweater-1_compact.jpg
sweaters-pensive-jesus-sweater-1_compact.jpg
it's up to you if you think these images are offensive. For Sloth Jesus the description is "...And on the 234th day, God said, "Make that sentient pile of moss into the saviour of all humanity." And thus, Sloth Jesus was born, and the world was good again."

Did you post that there, specifically for me, to "bless" me, encourage me in the faith, to edify me, to glorify God? To be the "lifter of my head", to give me a cold drink of water so to speak, to refresh my soul, to join me in glorifying God?

Why specifically did you post it>

And are you due a Thank you from me because it DID bless me and glorified the God i believe in?

Would you be so kind as to elaborate, brother?

Thank you kindly.

Upvote 0

Yonny Costopoulis

Jul 22, 2017
Crete
✟60,005.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Denadii

Aug 27, 2017
Western
✟31,027.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
sweatshirts-happy-birthday-jesus-sweater-1_grande.jpg
It's a christmas sweater (??) depicting the last supper with superimposed emojis and a Happy Birthday message. There is a picture (below) of the PM of Canada wearing it and I can't tell if I should be more offended as a Christian or embarrassed as a Canadian?
nHNK-m-QuU_AVmnLObyKHIe-XCc1TRBmksTcb-KwgXA.jpg
The PM of Canada offends me.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,246.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
What a great point. Also I don't know how to reply to your comment on my profile lol but my name has no particular meaning. I like the moon and it kind of sounded like the mad hatter lol

Who is "sam"?

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes it does because it mocks our Lord. Nobody creates a shirt with that type of layout WITHOUT knowing what it symbolizes. There is no excuse.
Some people would consider the painting itself a graven image. "Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Religiously? No; I don't care. I don't think it's "offensive" to depict religious stories in new ways. It's like being offended by that comic book version of the Bible.

In terms of getting sick of seeing emojis plastered everywhere? Yeah.
Ringo

Upvote 0