Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I agree and say that the whole purpose of whoever designed that was to mock Christianity. I don't for a moment like any images made of Jesus but I really don't get why anyone would find it amusing. What is funny is that you never see things that mock Allah, Buddha, Krishna etc. but there is an obsession about mocking the one true God.
What is funny about what Jesus was to endure for us sinners?

Christians worship and follow one who was born in a lowly position, lived a simple life and who died a humiliated death. This is the same who teaches "For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.” Although I cannot speak for all religions I know that our unique "humbled god" that dies on a cross is puzzling for many and even insulting.

This certainly isn't a cause to defile or misrepresent images of the incarnate God but how should our reaction be toward such things? So we too adopt a position of deference?

Upvote 0

Daniel Martinovich

Friend
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2011
Southwest USA
Visit site
✟487,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
sweatshirts-happy-birthday-jesus-sweater-1_grande.jpg
It's a christmas sweater (??) depicting the last supper with superimposed emojis and a Happy Birthday message. There is a picture (below) of the PM of Canada wearing it and I can't tell if I should be more offended as a Christian or embarrassed as a Canadian?
nHNK-m-QuU_AVmnLObyKHIe-XCc1TRBmksTcb-KwgXA.jpg
I vote for embarrassed. He does to way to many things that you should be offend and angered by. Both born on December 25th? That is amazing. Someone probably bought these sweaters as a gag Christmas gift due to their birthdays.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,246.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I agree and say that the whole purpose of whoever designed that was to mock Christianity. I don't for a moment like any images made of Jesus but I really don't get why anyone would find it amusing. What is funny is that you never see things that mock Allah, Buddha, Krishna etc. but there is an obsession about mocking the one true God.
What is funny about what Jesus was to endure for us sinners?

This.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,246.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Christians worship and follow one who was born in a lowly position, lived a simple life and who died a humiliated death. This is the same who teaches "For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.” Although I cannot speak for all religions I know that our unique "humbled god" that dies on a cross is puzzling for many and even insulting.

This certainly isn't a cause to defile or misrepresent images of the incarnate God but how should our reaction be toward such things? So we too adopt a position of deference?

Jesus "humbled" Himself to die on the cross, shed His blood for us, and to die, for us. He, however, is no longer "humbled", and neither should He, nor what He chose to do for us, be "mocked", and sooooo blatantly and pointedly. He is now at the right hand of the Father. He has risen, and is no longer "humbled", but is the exultant and conquering King of kings. He will be returning. God help those who mocked Him.

"How blessed is the person, who does not take the advice of the wicked, who does not stand on the path with sinners, and who does not sit in the seat of mockers." ~Psalm 1:1

"Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap." ~Galatians 6:7

"It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God." ~Hebrews 10:31

Upvote 0

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Can someone point to the true intent of the individuals that wear or buy these shirts - and the maker of these shirts - that show it is to mock, etc.? I don't get that impression.

I find it silly personally. I see people trying to have some fun combining their sharing the Birthday with Christmas.

• Agree
Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,246.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Can someone point to the true intent of the individuals that wear or buy these shirts - and the maker of these shirts - that show it is to mock, etc.? I don't get that impression.

I find it silly personally. I see people trying to have some fun combining their sharing the Birthday with Christmas.

It's not about "us".

Is it?

It's about the living God, and His only begotten Son He sent to die for our sins, and HIS "take" on His only begotten Son being an object of "mockery" in a very pointed and blatant way.

Therefore, what matters is HIS take on it.

Not "ours".

Amen?

In addition, what was stated earlier in this thread about no such "liberty" would be taken equally with "allah" or any of the other objects of worship, is quite glaring.

Hypocrisy at its finest and most sickening.

:sick:

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,246.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I vote for embarrassed. He does to way to many things that you should be offend and angered by. Both born on December 25th? That is amazing. Someone probably bought these sweaters as a gag Christmas gift due to their birthdays.

What has Jesus Christ's "last supper" got to do with "Christmas"/"Christmas birthdays"?

Upvote 0

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's about the living God, and His only begotten Son He sent to die for our sins, and HIS "take" on His only begotten Son being an object of "mockery" in a very pointed and blatant way.

Therefore, what matters is HIS take on it.

Not "ours".

Amen?

Do we know Jesus's take though? Do you know the intent was mockery and not silliness?

God tends to look at the heart of the person.

His TAKE on the matter does count, but we have to show the mockery - not our take that is mockery.

He also has a sense of humor - God.

Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,246.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Do we know Jesus's take though? Do you know the intent was mockery and not silliness?

God tends to look at the heart of the person.

His TAKE on the matter does count, but we have to show the mockery - not our take that is mockery.

He also has a sense of humor - God.

Read my posts again.

Then post where it says that God would be amused by the mocking of His only begotten Son, at the last supper, right before His dying for us on the cross, and all that occurred before his actual crucifixion.

If i remember correctly, there WAS mocking.

Was there not?

Please, post where the living God was pleased with the mocking.

Thank you kindly.

"He, that being often reproved hardeneth his neck, shall suddenly be destroyed, and that without remedy." ~Proverbs 29:1

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Read my posts again.

Then post where it says that God would be amused by the mocking of His only begotten Son, at the last supper, right before His dying for us on the cross, and all that occurred before his actual crucifixion.

If i remember correctly, there WAS mocking.

Was there not?

Please, post where the living God was pleased with the mocking.

Thank you kindly.

"He, that being often reproved hardeneth his neck, shall suddenly be destroyed, and that without remedy." ~Proverbs 29:1

Show me where you can prove the intent is mocking with this shirt. I don't see the intent there.

You keep claiming its there, but you haven't backed up the intent. I keep asking for that, and no one has answered it.

How can you be SO SURE that wearing this shirt was meant as mocking, or are you just assuming it is?

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,246.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Show me where you can prove the intent is mocking with this shirt. I don't see the intent there.

You keep claiming its there, but you haven't backed up the intent. I keep asking for that, and no one has answered it.

How can you be SO SURE that wearing this shirt was meant as mocking, or are you just assuming it is?

Again, read my posts, and then post where it is written that God finds no offense in this.

And again, it's not about what "me" or "you" deems offensive. It's noy about "us".

It's about GOD and what HE deems "offensive".

Isn't it?

Upvote 0

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Again, read my posts, and then post where it is written that God finds no offense in this.

And again, it's not about what "me" or "you" deems offensive. It's noy about "us".

It's about GOD and what HE deems "offensive".

Isn't it?

Where did God DEEM this shirt offensive? I think you are putting the cart before the horse.

Right back at you - post where it is written that God finds offense towards this shirt?

You are the one claiming he finds it offensive - not me.

God can see the people's hearts on the matter. We don't always see that. We just assume we do. You see mocking, and I find someone being silly. There is a huge divide between the two. I don't believe the parties used intent to harm, offend, etc. I personally wouldn't wear it because I find it ugly and dumb..lol! Yet, I can't assume they meant it as mocking.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,246.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Where did God DEEM this shirt offensive? I think you are putting the cart before the horse.

Right back at you - post where it is written that God finds offense towards this shirt?

You are the one claiming he finds it offensive - not me.

God can see the people's hearts on the matter. We don't always see that. We just assume we do. You see mocking, and I find someone being silly. There is a huge divide between the two. I don't believe the parties used intent to harm, offend, etc. I personally wouldn't wear it because I find it ugly and dumb..lol! Yet, I can't assume they meant it as mocking.

Hannah, i consider you a dear sister in Christ, although i don't always agree with you, but i more often than not, do. I believe here is where we just agree to disagree, sis.

God bless you and a very blessed New Year to you.

Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Jesus "humbled" Himself to die on the cross, shed His blood for us, and to die, for us. He, however, is no longer "humbled", and neither should He, nor what He chose to do for us, be "mocked", and sooooo blatantly and pointedly. He is now at the right hand of the Father. He has risen, and is no longer "humbled", but is the exultant and conquering King of kings. He will be returning. God help those who mocked Him.

"How blessed is the person, who does not take the advice of the wicked, who does not stand on the path with sinners, and who does not sit in the seat of mockers." ~Psalm 1:1

"Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap." ~Galatians 6:7

"It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God." ~Hebrews 10:31

i think the question here is if putting a happy face over Jesus is in fact a mockery, or, rephrased, if making lite a traditional image with emojis a mockery.

the shirt is made by a company called "Shelfies" and on their website they described their company saying "Shelfies is an all-over-print clothing brand featuring outrageous photorealistic sweaters, tees, hoodies, onesies, socks, leggings and more designed to make you smile."

They also feature a number of designs featuring Trudeau himself in this "make you smile" philosophy such as these sweaters:
sweatshirts-moosin-trudeau-sweater-1_compact.jpg
sweatshirts-dreamy-trudeau-sweater-1_compact.jpg
sweaters-justin-trudeau-face-sweater-1_compact.jpg

this doesn't redeem the emoji last supper but perhaps it reveals it with a different spirit. they also have other products that depict Jesus​

sweaters-sloth-jesus-sweater-1_compact.jpg
sweaters-party-god-sweater-1_compact.jpg
sweaters-holy-jesus-sweater-1_compact.jpg
sweaters-pensive-jesus-sweater-1_compact.jpg
it's up to you if you think these images are offensive. For Sloth Jesus the description is "...And on the 234th day, God said, "Make that sentient pile of moss into the saviour of all humanity." And thus, Sloth Jesus was born, and the world was good again."

Upvote 0