Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
sweatshirts-happy-birthday-jesus-sweater-1_grande.jpg
It's a christmas sweater (??) depicting the last supper with superimposed emojis and a Happy Birthday message. There is a picture (below) of the PM of Canada wearing it and I can't tell if I should be more offended as a Christian or embarrassed as a Canadian?
nHNK-m-QuU_AVmnLObyKHIe-XCc1TRBmksTcb-KwgXA.jpg

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Why? Was the intent to be negative?

Someone was trying to be silly, and not offensive. Not something I would buy, but I would giggle and move on.

I'm trying to figure out why it would offend me (it seems to have upset a few people). The Picture is of Canada's Prime Minister Justin Trudeau (right) and his brother Alexandre... in fairness it clearly is a "home picture" and both Justin and Alexandre are born on December 25th (different years)

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

I Must Decrease That He May Increase
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Justin Trudeau mocks Christianity when he openly attends and endorses the Pride parades in this country... there is nothing Christian about him. He comes from a province that is decidedly secular (Quebec) even though the majority claim Catholicism as their faith. Reminds me of atheistic France before the Revolution.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I found it funny. One of the fruits of the spirit is slowness to anger......I'll wait for someone to tell me that I should have gotten immediately angry from looking at a picture......

I say if your eyes offend you, plunk em out!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jax5434

Nov 27, 2007
✟31,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
It's a christmas sweater (??) depicting the last supper with superimposed emojis and a Happy Birthday message. There is a picture (below) of the PM of Canada wearing it and I can't tell if I should be more offended as a Christian or embarrassed as a Canadian?
I'd go with embarrassed.

God Bless
Jax

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Liza B.

His grace is sufficient
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2017
Midwest
✟163,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married

No.

Upvote 0

Sistrin

We are such stuff as dreams are made on...
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Location Location Location
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes it does because it mocks our Lord. Nobody creates a shirt with that type of layout WITHOUT knowing what it symbolizes. There is no excuse.

QFT.

• Agree
Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

Dirk1540

Site Supporter
Sep 19, 2015
Jersey
✟778,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
There’s a smiley face mask over Jesus’ face, I’m more shocked that anyone wouldn’t get it that that would offend Christians. Talk about not being able to put yourself in someone else’s shoes lol.

And that’s not even me claiming that I’m offended

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
This should only offend those who worship the images being covered by the smileys.
I don't think so. Good taste and respect ought to be upheld by any decent person, regardless of whether the object of the ridicule is connected to him personally or not.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't think so. Good taste and respect ought to be upheld by any decent person, regardless of whether the object of the ridicule is connected to him personally or not.
I agree. There are many who worship the image and have a form of godliness. And we should not do anything to intentionally offend them just the same as anyone else. I didn't get that these two were trying to offend....seems they were making fun of having the same birthday as the day we celebrate the birth of Christ. But it would be good of them to stop if they found someone to be offended.

Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Justin Trudeau mocks Christianity when he openly attends and endorses the Pride parades in this country... there is nothing Christian about him. He comes from a province that is decidedly secular (Quebec) even though the majority claim Catholicism as their faith. Reminds me of atheistic France before the Revolution.

I agree. There are many who worship the image and have a form of godliness. And we should not do anything to intentionally offend them just the same as anyone else. I didn't get that these two were trying to offend....seems they were making fun of having the same birthday as the day we celebrate the birth of Christ. But it would be good of them to stop if they found someone to be offended.

Trudeau has Catholic heritage and is a professing Christian, his wife is Catholic, they were married in a Catholic church and are raising their kids Catholic. He seems to have a genuine understanding of the gospel and salvation experience but I of course can not comment on his current motives or heart.

By his own admission he separates his political views from his faith and so for example is pro-abortion as the PM of Canada and head of the Liberal Party but as a Catholic is against it. He is quoted (specifically on the issue of abortion) "My role is to stand up and defend all Canadians and my role in terms of that is separate from any personal religious views."

I am not saying I agree with this philosophy and perhaps it could be argued that he can only really support one side but this is how Trudeau balances his faith with his role as the PM of Canada and head of the Liberal party.

The picture was taken Christmas 2016.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Heavenhome

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes it does because it mocks our Lord. Nobody creates a shirt with that type of layout WITHOUT knowing what it symbolizes. There is no excuse.
I agree and say that the whole purpose of whoever designed that was to mock Christianity. I don't for a moment like any images made of Jesus but I really don't get why anyone would find it amusing. What is funny is that you never see things that mock Allah, Buddha, Krishna etc. but there is an obsession about mocking the one true God.
What is funny about what Jesus was to endure for us sinners?

Upvote 0