Does the Right At All Seek to Understand the Left?

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
However, no.. not even I understand the democratic liberals. They no longer have any point other than a very strong desire to bring this country under the banner of communism of one form or another and a willingness to do anything to get there.

If think anything in the Democratic is Communism I humbly suggest you don't understand Communism.

any of the crazy things they are pushing for..

Like what? Give us a few examples.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
So how do you categorize those on the left who are appalled by the video but realize that Trump's wall is not the most effective way of closing the border? That is probably a more accurate statement of the Democratic position than your lurid nonsense.
lurid nonsense.
Lurid nonsense?

• Haha
Reactions: LostMarbels
Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Why not start right now on one single subject? How about the biggest one so far, that wall?
I already gave you an opinion which many of us on the left share: the border should be closed, but "The Wall" is a dumb way of doing it.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Lurid nonsense?
I edited that out at LostMarbles wise suggestion. What I meant to describe by "lurid" was the notion that those who aren't in favor of "The Wall" must be in favor of completely open and unguarded borders.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why not start right now on one single subject? How about the biggest one so far, that wall?

This, actually, is a good example.

Most Americans would agree that there needs to be better management of our borders, ... including partial walls, fencing, etc.

But it's all been distilled into the push for a "wall", whatever that is, .... and resistance against such a "wall".

And it's not just the media that's driving this ... certain politicians are responsible for this, as well ...

Upvote 0

Willie T

St. Petersburg Vineyard
Oct 12, 2012
St. Petersburg, FL
✟68,979.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So how do you categorize those on the left who are appalled by the video but realize that Trump's wall is not the most effective way of closing the border?
How do you stop people from just walking across your lawn? (You see hundreds of them in most neighborhoods. And they work, or else people would not erect them.)

• Agree
Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
It's seems to me people are being manipulated by both parties and also by the news medias teaming up likewise. "Teams" are formed, rather than sticking to the issues looking for mutual resolves. Wear "this jersey" and you have to be like this ..
It's a game .... a real sick game ... sadly ... and as we see leads to name calling and violence. Yeah ... well that's just a wonderful road to go down. Let's all go down the road of destruction that will certainly be productive.

Probably won't end well. Time will tell.

Sad, very very sad.
The tribalism and borderline cult behavior on both sides is bad enough, but there's a tendency among some conservatives to see Antifa as a pure manifestation of a mythical "Left" while some liberals do the same with the alt-right and a mythical "Right" for conservatives. The fact is neither Antifa nor the Alt-Right are liberals or conservatives. They're anarchists who don't represent either side.

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟723,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The tribalism and borderline cult behavior on both sides is bad enough, but there's a tendency among some conservatives to see Antifa as a pure manifestation of a mythical "Left" while some liberals do the same with the alt-right and a mythical "Right" for conservatives. The fact is neither Antifa nor the Alt-Right are liberals or conservatives. They're anarchists who don't represent either side.

I would agree, however many who are joining in with them don't see that.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
How do you stop people from just walking across your lawn? (You see hundreds of them in most neighborhoods. And they work, or else people would not erect them.)
That does not answer my question.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Willie T

St. Petersburg Vineyard
Oct 12, 2012
St. Petersburg, FL
✟68,979.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I already gave you an opinion which many of us on the left share: the border should be closed, but "The Wall" is a dumb way of doing it.
So, how do you "close" something that is wide open to walk across? How do you close your house, leave the doors open, and remove the walls between those doors?

• Agree
Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Willie T

St. Petersburg Vineyard
Oct 12, 2012
St. Petersburg, FL
✟68,979.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That does not answer my question.
Why do you want me to "categorize" people, instead of talking about effective ways of curtailing open foot traffic across our borders?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
The Liberals get it. You don't want undocumented Mexicans and OTM's crossing to deserts of the southwest or swimming across the Rio Grande and you think a giant wall at the border will prevent them from being able to do so.

Now can you do the same and articulate why liberals (and independents for that matter) might not think a giant wall is a solution?

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟698,077.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If think anything in the Democratic is Communism I humbly suggest you don't understand Communism.

It only looks like the initial to mid-stages of every communist takeover known to man..

Got it. :doh:

If you want to know why no one is listening, or even cares to listen any more Jonathan Pie hit the nail on the head in his video 'President Trump: How & Why'

I'm not posting due to bad language - so be warned before looking it up. It is not able to heard in the presence of others due to foul language. But he's right in what he said.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
So, how do you "close" something that is wide open to walk across? How do you close your house, leave the doors open, and remove the walls between those doors?
Look, if you want to have a discussion about the best way to secure the border, start another thread.

This thread is about the Right's tendency to stereotype Liberals. You stated that Liberals who oppose "The Wall" want open, unguarded borders. I am telling you that at least some who regard themselves as Liberal and who oppose the wall do not want open, unguarded borders. We can argue somewhere else about whether "The Wall" is the best way to close the border and whether other alternatives have merit. The point here is that your stereotype is inaccurate and I want your response to that.

Upvote 0