Does the entire story of the Bible prove predermination of Salvation?

YahuahSaves

Nov 19, 2022
Melbourne
✟30,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Did you just quote the word "display" and change it to the word "prove" ? It is best not to change God's Word, ever, no, not even once.
Yeah, because displaying wisdom is showing proof of it by definition.

display
intransitive verb

1) To present to view; cause to be seen. synonym: show.
2) To exhibit ostentatiously; show off.
3)To show (images or information) on a screen.

prove
intransitive verb

1) To establish the truth or validity of (something) by the presentation of argument or evidence.
2) To demonstrate the reality of (something).
3) To show (oneself) to be what is specified or to have a certain characteristic.

Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟323,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I was thinking of this earlier when looking at the story of the fall....
the bible says that the lamb was slain before the beginning of the world, so God knew before creating Adam and Eve that they would choose to disobey his command to not eat from the tree of good and evil, and he had already planned that he would redeem the world through Jesus Christ.

I've often wondered, what was the purpose of creation if he already knew what would happen? I've heard it said that he didn't want his children to be "robots" and to freely love him in return.

Do you think this is true?
Considering all the stories in the bible concerning disobedience, sin and God's wrath, do you think it really comes down to human choice?
God can’t help but foreknow the future as He exists outside of time. But that doesn’t mean that He cannot, for our own good, allow us to work out our eternal destinies with the help of His grace. To put it another way, His foreknowledge does not deny or preclude our moral accountability. And I see human choice, from the option of eating the fruit in Eden through the option of opening the door in Rev 3:20, throughout the Bible. The Bible and the gospel make little sense without the involvment of the human will.

Last edited:
Upvote 0