✟11,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Does John Piper teach truth?

The views/positions that John Piper takes fit within the circle of evangelical Christianity. Desiring God is his most popular book, and his book has made a positive impact on a lot of people. Piper's views are largely Baptist, Calvinist, and Reformed, although he also resists certain labels. He takes the Pentecostal/Charismatic view to the spiritual gifts, and believes the gifts have continued into the present day.

LDG

Upvote 0

ArcticFox

To glorify God, and enjoy him forever.
Sep 27, 2006
Japan
Visit site
✟17,152.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I think his teaching is generally awesome, and most of what he believes is clearly very biblically based. He does his homework, and he works hard at a job that he takes VERY seriously (pastor). He doesn't judge others in his teaching, and he is patient and willing to allow people time to accept the truths of God, knowing that they are not easy.

John Piper's teachings have been a huge encouragement to me, and although I don't really like reading his books, I love listening to his sermons. I listened to every sermon he did on the book of Romans. In fact, I put them all on audio CDs and put them in a huge CD case, and kept them in my car at all times. I would listen to them constantly. Now I don't have a car, and gave the collection away to a friend, ... so ... oh well !

Although I don't agree with everything he says, there is preciously little worthy of argument. Overall, gets my "stamp of approval," whatever that means!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jamiel

Living on the Word, divine breath, and star-dust.
Aug 14, 2007
Reigning with Christ.
✟15,522.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Does John Piper teach truth?

Not about mutual submission or women teaching/preaching from what I understand.

I can't speak for anything else since I haven't read his books, etc.

No idea. Don't know him....

....but I got a blessing out of this post! ^_^

Yes, me too. I guess that was reason enough. :D

God Bless. :)

Upvote 0

yashualover

Veteran
Nov 12, 2007
Ontario Canada
Visit site
✟17,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I believe John Piper is a great man of God, I have listened to many of his sermons at http://www.desiringgod.org/. He is loving, patient and studies to show himself approved.:)

I love him, and most certainly consider him to be my brother in Christ even though we are thousands of miles apart.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.