Onions make me gassy.
Dec 16, 2003
Tempe, AZ
✟1,854.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican
(1 Ki 18:27) And it came to pass at noon, that Elijah mocked them, and said, Cry aloud: for he is a god; either he is talking, or he is pursuing, or he is in a journey, or peradventure he sleepeth, and must be awaked.​

or he is pursuing, means withdrawal into a private place, and many scholars agree that it is a reference to going to the bathroom. Granted, these are Elijah's words and not God's, but Elijah was a prophet of God. "Baal went to drop one!"

(Hosea 7:8) Ephraim, he hath mixed himself among the people; Ephraim is a cake not turned.

a cake not turned. If a cake that is cooking isn't turned, it's half-baked. God says that His people (the majority) are half-baked. I find that humorous.

We were made in God's image. This has a wide variety of applications. God feels anger...so do we. God feels joy...so do we. It is reasonable therefore that humor might be there too.

Upvote 0

seebs

God Made Me A Skeptic
Apr 9, 2002
Saint Paul, MN
Visit site
✟55,225.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have this image of the Heavenly Host, all gathered as one shining army, as far as the eye can see, gathered around a single spot. Because, today, a taxonomist will stumble across the platypus. And they all want to watch.

Our reactions must fascinate them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TrueQ

Devil's Advocate
Feb 7, 2004
Salem
✟1,197.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Perhaps this is a little off color, I long ago lost any ability to determine what is or isn't appropriate, but I always thought it was funny.

A man (who had clearly already had a few) stumbled into a bar, and shambled up to the barkeep. He leaned in close over the bar and, a worried look on his face, asked, "Hey! You know anythin' bout penguins?"

The bartender replied, "No man, not really."

The man, still looking quite concerned, said, "Well, well ya know if there're any penguins zat're five feet tall?"

The bartender gave the man a curious look and said, "No, no I don't think so."

Clearly quite distressed, the man leaned even further over the bar and asked, "Ya shure?"

The bartender said, "Yeah I'm pretty sure."

The man wailed and slammed his head onto the bar, "Ah Jesus tap-dancing Christ! I just ran over a nun!"

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I think that God has to have a pretty good sense of humor to deal with us. I'm sure that when Jesus walked this Earth he laughed often. One of my favorite paintings is "Laughing Jesus" by Ralph Kozak.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

arizona_sunshine

Dec 15, 2003
✟3,323.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
platypus.jpg

Upvote 0

coyoteBR

greetings
Jan 18, 2004
✟2,288.00
Faith
There's a book I like very much called "Com a Graça de Deus", by brazilian writer Fernando Sabino. "Graça", in portuguese, is both "grace" and "to be funny;to make one laugh".
Between other things, the author makes some math with the Miracle of water becoming wine. The quantity of the drink, said him, would be enough to "put everybody of that party on a hang-over of - literally - biblical proportions". I'll look for other passages of the book, if you want.

Upvote 0

Thithy

It's my life...
May 18, 2004
Cheney, WA
✟15,990.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I definately think God has a sense of humor. Everytime I look in the mirror I'm assured of my opinion. Have you ever seen those fish with big bulging eyes. You've got to have a sense of humor to come up with something that looks like that.

As for jokes?

Q. Who's the fastest man on Earth?

A. Adam, because he's first in the human race.

Q. Is math mentioned in the Bible?

A. Yes, when God told Adam and Eve to be fruitful and multiply.

Ok so I know they're corny, but they are jokes. :D

Upvote 0

Nietzsche

Jun 18, 2004
✟536.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
i could give many examples but id have to provide links. i think that would be breaking some rule and ive broken enuff of those even though these are medical pictures. But for the conditions i remember what there called id say that down syndrome is a perfect example of "gods" humor

Upvote 0