does anyone here remove blood from their meat before cooking it? should i be doing this or not?

Ronit

Jul 29, 2017
Oregon
✟34,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
i know but someoen told me Halal meat is ok because no blood in it? so whay rent christians just eating halal meat then we odnt have to fuss about washing it??
Halal is actually tied to to the religion of Islam and if you're cool with that, then ok.
I would do more research before I tried eating food from another religion, just to make sure it was instep with my own religion. If you're cool with Halal then cool
:)

Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Halal is actually tied to to the religion of Islam and if you're cool with that, then ok.
I would do more research before I tried eating food from another religion, just to make sure it was instep with my own religion. If you're cool with Halal then cool
:)

Paul said we can eat any food in the market place unless we are causing another brothr or sister to stumble. the ONLY food law binding today upon us gentiles is not eating blood. and that we pray over it to sanctify it..... so i have no issue with it, obviously i wouldnt serve it to a christian who didhave an issue with it. but all the christians i know just eat anything.

Reactions: Ronit
Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Paul warns the Gentile church against eating meat that is strangled or has blood in it. nowadays meat you buy in shops is rarely strangled, so not a worry. But the meat that has blood in it? should we be getting rid of the blood and what is the best way to do this?

I used to soak the meat (didn't do it with poultry, heard that can be a health risk) in water with rock salt in and let the blood drain out before cooking it. I stopped doing it eventually because it felt like a hassle and also i felt weird doing it.

it was like that time i tried to cover my head but i just felt wrong doing it. i kept hearing osmething inside me telling me "you are putting yourself back under law, not grace."

but now i am wondering? it seems some christians do still follow the advice on head covering so i wondered about this with the blood? am i deceived somehow?

That's not blood that is a Protein that comes from the meat! I know this from reading a TV tropes entry regarding the horror sci fi show "the Strain."

One of the people turning into a vampire drinks the red fluid that leaks from thawing meat in his refrigerator. However, this substance is not blood. Meats sold in the United States are drained of blood before packing; the red fluid is myoglobin. But both are oxygen- and iron-laden substances and, factoring in the stress and confusion of the victim's turning, it works anyway.

The Strain (TV series)

Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
idols dont have power over us unless we give it them. because we are already clean spiritually in Jesus and His children by faith in Him. but i understnd it may be an issue for some othr christians and that is ok.

i been called a lukewarm christian for dyeing my hair, wearing pierced ears. i say that it doesnt bother me because i cant change my status before God unless i bandon the faith altogetherr, whichi never will.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That's not blood that is a Protein that comes from the meat! I know this from reading a TV tropes entry regarding the horror sci fi show "the Strain."

One of the people turning into a vampire drinks the red fluid that leaks from thawing meat in his refrigerator. However, this substance is not blood. Meats sold in the United States are drained of blood before packing; the red fluid is myoglobin. But both are oxygen- and iron-laden substances and, factoring in the stress and confusion of the victim's turning, it works anyway.

The Strain (TV series)

ah- i live in the UK. i dont know what the red stuff in our meats is. because our meat is mostly Halal, i was under the impression that the blood was drained before slaughtering? so i was thinking i did not need to do blood letting? but am confused now?

Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Acts 15:29

yup that is right, it is the only law of diet which applies today to us Gentiles. food is nt strangled anymore by most butchers. so that just leaves the blood bit. i might se if i can email my supermarket to ask them if the blood has been let out of the meat? that way i can see if i need to kosher it or not

Reactions: Ronit
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,695.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
i been called a lukewarm christian for dyeing my hair, wearing pierced ears.
Unless there is an intentionally anti-Christian message in your choice of earrings or why you colored your hair, those are of zero spiritual import.

Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Unless there is an intentionally anti-Christian message in your choice of earrings or why you colored your hair, those are of zero spiritual import.

i am born again, so why would there be any anti christian intent in how i dress? i dress that way because it expresses my personality0 i like a lot of bling and the culture i grew up in (Romany heritage on mothers side) encourages it

Upvote 0

charsan

Charismatic Episcopal Church
Jul 12, 2019
South California
✟62,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Paul warns the Gentile church against eating meat that is strangled or has blood in it. nowadays meat you buy in shops is rarely strangled, so not a worry. But the meat that has blood in it? should we be getting rid of the blood and what is the best way to do this?

I used to soak the meat (didn't do it with poultry, heard that can be a health risk) in water with rock salt in and let the blood drain out before cooking it. I stopped doing it eventually because it felt like a hassle and also i felt weird doing it.

it was like that time i tried to cover my head but i just felt wrong doing it. i kept hearing osmething inside me telling me "you are putting yourself back under law, not grace."

but now i am wondering? it seems some christians do still follow the advice on head covering so i wondered about this with the blood? am i deceived somehow?

No and No. Remember that was not written to us directly. Your fine, stop worrying so much and enjoy your life in Christ.

Reactions: Thera
Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Bible does not forbid dress styles as long as our motive is modesty, so i agree withyou there. i dont think am being immodest though. i dont really think about it. in my church modesty means you avoid low cut tops andf high cut skirts. but everything else is allowed. even rainbow hair. or high heels. it doesnt affect our status before God because external things cannot be unclean. only what comes out of mouths

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,695.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
i am born again, so why would there be any anti christian intent in how i dress?
I am not accusing you. Some symbolism just has demonic roots. (Unless the Holy Spirit convicts you of such, don't worry about it.)

• Agree
Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
ah- i live in the UK. i dont know what the red stuff in our meats is. because our meat is mostly Halal, i was under the impression that the blood was drained before slaughtering? so i was thinking i did not need to do blood letting? but am confused now?

I'm almost certain it is the same kind of stuff that our's is. Doesn't Halal have the same basic blood draining that everybody else has? Maybe different technique and some religious prayers done on top of it.

This internet article would suggest such.

"Halal animals must be slaughtered by a Muslim, who says a blessing, and by hand, not by machine (which is the way many chickens in the U.S. are killed. Once killed, the animal's blood must drain completely, since Muslims who eat Halal do not consume the fresh blood of animals."

halal blood - Google Search

• Informative
Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
there must be a way i can de-blood beef mince, hamburger patties etc? also what about pork? is it healthy to remove the blood from pork?

Jews usually soak the meat in water and salt and change the water often. Paul definitely said not to eat blood---but evry9one eats their steaks med. rare and some even rare---some prefer it to just stop mooing is all! And then there are blood sausages---yuck! Basically, everybody eats what they want no matter what the bi9bloe says about it and they will defend that right to the death---literally! Once God has declared something abominable---he doe not declare it not abominable. Pork always was abominable. And no---the vision that Peter had had noth8ng to do with food! It was all about people--not food. It was about Peter not considering the Gentiles as unclean, for God has declared anyone who comes to Him as clean. You will not find one word that says that Peter understood this vision to be about food, for he said what it meant---

Act 10:28 And he said unto them, Ye know how that it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another nation; but God hath shewed me that I should not call any man common or unclean.

Nowhere does it say that Peter perceived that this meant God considered all food clean!

• Winner
Reactions: Dkh587
Upvote 0