• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Featured does anyone here remove blood from their meat before cooking it? should i be doing this or not?

Discussion in 'Requests for Christian Advice' started by WrappedUpinHisLove3, May 22, 2020.

1. WrappedUpinHisLove3

WrappedUpinHisLove3 Well-Known Member

+1,288
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Private
    Paul warns the Gentile church against eating meat that is strangled or has blood in it. nowadays meat you buy in shops is rarely strangled, so not a worry. But the meat that has blood in it? should we be getting rid of the blood and what is the best way to do this?

I used to soak the meat (didn't do it with poultry, heard that can be a health risk) in water with rock salt in and let the blood drain out before cooking it. I stopped doing it eventually because it felt like a hassle and also i felt weird doing it.

it was like that time i tried to cover my head but i just felt wrong doing it. i kept hearing osmething inside me telling me "you are putting yourself back under law, not grace."

but now i am wondering? it seems some christians do still follow the advice on head covering so i wondered about this with the blood? am i deceived somehow?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Sabertooth

Sabertooth Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints! Supporter

+4,223
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    Hamburger et al. is full of blood. The only way to get meat with minimal blood in it is to buy kosher.

3. WrappedUpinHisLove3

+1,288
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Private
    there are very few Kosher delis near me and they expensive i am on a low income?

4. WrappedUpinHisLove3

+1,288
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Private
    there must be a way i can de-blood beef mince, hamburger patties etc? also what about pork? is it healthy to remove the blood from pork?

5. WrappedUpinHisLove3

+1,288
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Private
    I mean, it isn;t a huge issue to me- if i cannot affod to do it then i won't . i just wondered though?

6. Sabertooth

+4,223
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    For Gentiles, kosher is a health ideal, not a spiritual problem. When Daniel & his buddies didn't have access to kosher meat, they went vegetarian (not vegan). That is always an option. ;)

7. bèlla

bèlla ❤️ Supporter

+10,111
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Kosher meat is expensive. You can do it yourself.

Koshering meat

~Bella

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. WrappedUpinHisLove3

+1,288
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Private
    no, veggie not option fo rme. am on paleo diet. hugh protein, high fat, very low carb. medical reasons.

9. Sabertooth

+4,223
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    Since pork was never kosher to begin with, there was never a Biblical standard for reducing its blood levels.

10. WrappedUpinHisLove3

+1,288
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Private
    ah thanks, that i shelpful. am not aiming fro kosher, just blood free. unclean foods are not an issue in new testament. mos tof my meat is Halal anyway

11. WrappedUpinHisLove3

+1,288
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Private
    I was just thinking though, most of my meat is Halal. so do i still need to remove any blood? because i was jsut hinking doesnt Halal also remove blood like kosher? or have igot it wrong? i dont know much about Islam., i just live in a country where we have many muslims so 90% of meat in Britain is Halal

what i dont understand is why i keepo hearing this thing inside me telling me i am putting myself under law by doing this???? i used to be under hebrew roots teachings so i know about that....but this is different. i am not keeping Torah, i intend to kep eating bacon pork sausage etc..... just removing blood like Bible says we gentiles (ok so i identify as gentile,. i am actually not fully gentile ethnicaly, but i wasnt brought up a a jew so my race doesnt count) ahould do if we can?

12. Sabertooth

+4,223
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    Even kosher is not blood-free. It is just reduced to Biblically acceptable levels. (That is why I recommended kosher in the first place.)

13. Ronit

Ronit Well-Known Member

+671
    United States
    Messianic
    Single
    The bible says not to eat blood. Even says that in the New Testament.
    Wash meat and cook well

14. WrappedUpinHisLove3

+1,288
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Private
    so do you do this then? like i said, i can do meat easy but not jsut havent tried chicken yet. . or pork but i assume it same as other meat. i just get paranoid about pork if not prepared right in case i get sick

15. Ronit

Ronit Well-Known Member

+671
    United States
    Messianic
    Single
    Blood carries disease

16. Sabertooth

+4,223
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    It goes to motive.
    • If you believe it to be a spiritual requirement, then, yes, you are placing yourself back under the Law.
    • If you just believe that kosher is healthier (when available), like I do, you are not.

17. WrappedUpinHisLove3

+1,288
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Private
    yes. i eat any type of meat, i just want it to have less blood in it is all. but my question is could i not jsut eat it without washing as i only eat halal meat anyway?

18. WrappedUpinHisLove3

+1,288
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Private
    i know but someoen told me Halal meat is ok because no blood in it? so whay rent christians just eating halal meat then we odnt have to fuss about washing it??

19. Leet

Leet Newbie

+293
    Pentecostal
    Married
    Nuh, it's part of the nice, juicy flavour.

20. WrappedUpinHisLove3

+1,288
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Private
    no i am not doing it for health reasons. i am doing it because Bible that we should?