does anyone here remove blood from their meat before cooking it? should i be doing this or not?

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟379,648.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Paul warns the Gentile church against eating meat that is strangled or has blood in it. nowadays meat you buy in shops is rarely strangled, so not a worry. But the meat that has blood in it? should we be getting rid of the blood and what is the best way to do this?

I used to soak the meat (didn't do it with poultry, heard that can be a health risk) in water with rock salt in and let the blood drain out before cooking it. I stopped doing it eventually because it felt like a hassle and also i felt weird doing it.

it was like that time i tried to cover my head but i just felt wrong doing it. i kept hearing osmething inside me telling me "you are putting yourself back under law, not grace."

but now i am wondering? it seems some christians do still follow the advice on head covering so i wondered about this with the blood? am i deceived somehow?
You should consider what the legal requirements are for slaughtering animals and preparing them for sale in your country. What we do in the US might be different.

I was just thinking though, most of my meat is Halal. so do i still need to remove any blood? because i was jsut hinking doesnt Halal also remove blood like kosher? or have igot it wrong? i dont know much about Islam., i just live in a country where we have many muslims so 90% of meat in Britain is Halal
IIRC, kosher has stricter requirements than halal, so that kosher qualifies as halal but not necessarily the other way around.

Also, myoglobin isn't blood according to science or according to Jewish law.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,178,449.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
blood sausages? yeuch!!!am glad ma on the other side of the Pennines. black pudding (blood sausage) is what they eat in Lancaster
There was a guy who's life was saved by black pudding. He accidentally got shut inside a commercial freezer, and he was able the smash the door latch by hammering it repeatedly with a frozen black pudding.

Upvote 0

lsume

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2017
Florida
✟417,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Paul warns the Gentile church against eating meat that is strangled or has blood in it. nowadays meat you buy in shops is rarely strangled, so not a worry. But the meat that has blood in it? should we be getting rid of the blood and what is the best way to do this?

I used to soak the meat (didn't do it with poultry, heard that can be a health risk) in water with rock salt in and let the blood drain out before cooking it. I stopped doing it eventually because it felt like a hassle and also i felt weird doing it.

it was like that time i tried to cover my head but i just felt wrong doing it. i kept hearing osmething inside me telling me "you are putting yourself back under law, not grace."

but now i am wondering? it seems some christians do still follow the advice on head covering so i wondered about this with the blood? am i deceived somehow?
I don’t want any blood in my meat.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟379,526.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
yes. i eat any type of meat, i just want it to have less blood in it is all. but my question is could i not jsut eat it without washing as i only eat halal meat anyway?

Where in the NT does it say to wash meat?

Upvote 0

lazyservantofYahweh

Oct 1, 2019
National Park
✟3,623.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Yahweh speaking inside of you, within your Mind, has lead you to refrain from doing burdensome traditions of elders that were not the original transmitted instructions taught by the disciples. Indeed, we are not under the law if we are immersed within the (TRUE) name of Yahweh Yahuwshua, if we profess that Yahuwshua IS Yahweh, that He died and rose again to release us from our errors (sins). Christians who materially follow the scriptures in this burdensome way have missed the true meaning and interpretation of the message; mainly because they lost His name so the clergy is being mislead by an evil spirit, or also because of bad translation and missing text that was purposely hidden from the public through coding. Here is better translation of what Acts 15:19-21 should say from the Purer Scriptures for the REMNANT: (this is downloadble for free www.yahuwshua.org, please visit this website for more information about how we shall be rescued by professing that Yahuwshua is Yahweh and renouncing the pagan lies and substitutions for Him)

19. Which is why I decide that they should not trouble those from the “heathen masses” who return to Yâ-hwéh;

20. Instead, to write to the same ones of the Son [being] the ones, not to stay away separated apart of the ones (m.) not of the adversary (sâţâ´n), [~rather,] of the defilements of the ones (m.) not [being] of the adversary (sâţâ´n): of the worshipped images of Yisrâ’ë´l, even [being] the one (n.) not of the sexual adultery of Yisrâ’ë´l, and [being] the ones not of the strangled [~Yehuwthâ´h], and of Yisrâ’ë´l, [being] the ones not of the blood-shedding [~sâţâ´n] [1 Moshéh 9: 3-4],

21. because Moshéh, [being of] He Who “I shall exist (’e-hyéh) Llisrâ’ë´l” of the capable nativities of the ancient ones according to the vessel of Yisrâ’ë´l [is] the city against the one (n.) [~Yehuwthâ´h the beast (n.)] not [being] ones openly proclaiming the same One [being] the Son [~Yâhuwshúa`], who suppresses It among the ones of Yisrâ’ë´l, with the ones (f.) [~the sister] not belonging to the assemblies, according to the vessel of Yisrâ’ë´l. Each one that [is] the reposed ones (shâvë´th)[1] [~participle form of shâváth (to repose)], [is] one being acknowledged in the middle.”

[1] Note: shâvë´th is the singular participle form of shâváth (to repose). Coded context says this was plural here (the Hebraism is singular however). The `Ivríyth word here would be shâvthówth. The differences between these terms and the well-known but altered ones appearing in the Masoretic are different only in their vowel-pointing.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,178,449.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Christians who materially follow the scriptures in this burdensome way have missed the true meaning and interpretation of the message; mainly because they lost His name so the clergy is being mislead by an evil spirit, or also because of bad translation and missing text that was purposely hidden from the public through coding. Here is better translation of what Acts 15:19-21 should say from the Purer Scriptures for the REMNANT: (this is downloadble for free www.yahuwshua.org, please visit this website for more information about how we shall be rescued by professing that Yahuwshua is Yahweh and renouncing the pagan lies and substitutions for Him)
This is not the place to peddle this nonsense.

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟201,959.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I was just thinking though, most of my meat is Halal. so do i still need to remove any blood? because i was jsut hinking doesnt Halal also remove blood like kosher? or have igot it wrong? i dont know much about Islam., i just live in a country where we have many muslims so 90% of meat in Britain is Halal

what i dont understand is why i keepo hearing this thing inside me telling me i am putting myself under law by doing this???? i used to be under hebrew roots teachings so i know about that....but this is different. i am not keeping Torah, i intend to kep eating bacon pork sausage etc..... just removing blood like Bible says we gentiles (ok so i identify as gentile,. i am actually not fully gentile ethnicaly, but i wasnt brought up a a jew so my race doesnt count) ahould do if we can?
It is not just Gentile law. Moses law was additional law. The command to not eat an animal with it's life blood still in it is for Jew and Gentile alike.
Certainly Moses law gave commands to divide jew from Gentile and set Jews apart. Putting salt on meat is not one of them that I am aware. Rather it is rabbinic tradition.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,050,196.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was just thinking though, most of my meat is Halal. so do i still need to remove any blood?

Imo, no.
This has nothing to do with salvation and is not something that we have to follow.

• Agree
Reactions: Thera
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,050,196.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
no i am not doing it for health reasons. i am doing it because Bible that we should?

Jesus didn't say that his followers should do this.
Paul - once a Pharisee and strict Jew - said that food does not bring us close to God, 1 Corinthians 8:8.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Processed meat is a Group 1 carcinogen. These meats are lunch meats, ham, bacon, hot dogs etc.

Red meat is a Group 2 carcinogen.

A Loma Linda, CA study of Seventh Day Adventists showed pescatarians and vegans lived longer than vegetarians and people eating meat. Vegans needed B-12 supplements.

Upvote 0

Monksailor

Adopted child of God.
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2017
Port town on west (tan sands) shore line of MI
Visit site
✟187,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Going veggie leaves something to be desired on your taste buds if you used to love meat but it could the lesser of two evils in this case. As you would not be eating any blood from meat at all you would no longer have any struggle with sin as you see it. I believe the Bible says that it is sin against God if one thinks it is and does it. As far as I know being veggie is not sinful, weren't Daniel and his two friends veggie? It was not only not sinful but the Bible says that they were more healthy. We are commanded to take good care of our bodies.

Of course, one could go to the Klingon Gagh, their worm delicacy and other delicacies made from such. I do not remember seeing any blood from squashed worms and if some, very little.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,178,449.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
A Loma Linda, CA study of Seventh Day Adventists showed pescatarians and vegans lived longer than vegetarians and people eating meat. Vegans needed B-12 supplements.
An Adventist university study wouldn't be in any way biased, would it?

• Winner
Reactions: charsan
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
An Adventist university study wouldn't be in any way biased, would it?
They studied vegan, pescatarian, ovo-lactose vegetarian and omnivorous Adventist’s for years. They have a medical school in Loma Linda.

Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn and Dr. Dean Ornish were able to reverse heart disease by recommending low fat plant based diets with exercise. Dr. Nathan Pritikin was one the first to prove heart disease could be reversed in some people through a change in diet.

In as much as consumption of high quantities cholesterol and saturated fats may result in obesity, arteriosclerosis and type 2 diabetes, dietary discipline is important.

Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟194,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
no, veggie not option fo rme. am on paleo diet. hugh protein, high fat, very low carb. medical reasons.

Going vegetarian on Paleo is actually pretty easy. You will eat lots of nuts, nut oils, avocado, eggs, etc.

Upvote 0

Thera

Sep 21, 2019
Montreal
✟52,709.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I disagree that this command was to Gentiles today. It was to the Gentiles in the early church, to prevent them offending their Jewish brethren, who considered eating meat with the blood in as offensive as sexual immorality.

Remember how Paul later explains to eat what is purchased in the market place without questions of conscience? Peter's vision from God showed that all foods were clean, and one of the gospel accounts attribute to Jesus this teaching also (it is not what goes into a man that makes him unclean, but that which comes out of a man that makes him unclean).

• Informative
Reactions: Junia
Upvote 0

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Paul warns the Gentile church against eating meat that is strangled or has blood in it.
No he doesn't. That was James in the counsel of Acts deciding that gentiles are not bound to the Mosaic law, but the Noahic prohibitions.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟947,218.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Processed meat is a Group 1 carcinogen. These meats are lunch meats, ham, bacon, hot dogs etc.

It is possible to have uncured versions of many items. Some farmers use natural cures as well. I purchase my meat in bulk and ordered a portion of pig. I have ham and bacon but neither were cured.

The Okinawa people have the longest life spans. They aren't vegan or pescatarians. You can view their diet here.

My daughter did a plant-based diet that began at Lent and ends this month. I can't eat like that. My protein consumption is low on its own. But that was overkill and my body revolted. I was fatigued and sluggish. When I ate meat I felt energized. I eat twice per day and try to have meat at one meal when possible.

~Bella

Upvote 0