Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Sure they were under the OT law, and they kept the it blamelessly, and were righteous under the law.

And one other thing, they BELIEVED also.

So tell us, how is it you believe no one was righteous, not even one? I found two easily.

So they were completely sinless then?

Upvote 0

EmSw

White Horse Rider
Apr 26, 2014
✟66,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You completely missed the point.

The point is, and I've heard this from 'faith alone' proponents, if you don't have works following your faith, it is dead and a dead faith does not save. What is your point? Perhaps you believe a dead faith saves.

Upvote 0

EmSw

White Horse Rider
Apr 26, 2014
✟66,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Do you accuse them and find blame? Or, do you believe what is written?

Paul even said he was blameless concerning the righteous in the law.

Philippians 3:6
concerning zeal, persecuting the church; concerning the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.

Upvote 0

disciple1

Aug 1, 2012
✟62,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So, you are resting your hope in your ability to perfectly obey the entire law?
No you misunderstand me, just like you do the bible, I'm trusting in Jesus's example of love, and so I try to love, as Jesus does, I know I can't do it perfectly, but I can love.
If your relying on faith alone your lost, because if it doesn't express itself in love, it's worthless.
Matthew chapter 25 verses 31-46
When the Son of Man comes" in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his throne in heavenly glory. All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. he will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left. Then the King will say to those on his right, Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me. then the righteous will answer him, Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and got visit you? The King will reply, I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me. Then he will say to those on his left, Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.They also will answer, Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you? He will reply, I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me. Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.

Upvote 0

EmSw

White Horse Rider
Apr 26, 2014
✟66,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

amariselle, I found this from Strong's about blameless -

blameless, deserving no censure, free from fault or defect

Why do you find blame with Zechariah and Elizabeth, or Paul for that matter?

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
The point is, and I've heard this from 'faith alone' proponents, if you don't have works following your faith, it is dead and a dead faith does not save. What is your point? Perhaps you believe a dead faith saves.
No, I don't.

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
No you misunderstand me, just like you do the bible, I'm trusting in Jesus's example of love, and so I try to love, as Jesus does, I know I can't do it perfectly, but I can love.

So, Jesus is your moral example? Is that His role?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Since you don't believe a dead faith saves, what do you think a dead faith is?

Want me to help you out?
A said faith. That's what James is talking about.

Upvote 0

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
The Great Northern Wilderness
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Do you accuse them and find blame? Or, do you believe what is written?

Paul even said he was blameless concerning the righteous in the law.

Philippians 3:6
concerning zeal, persecuting the church; concerning the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.

Who's accusing anyone? All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.

It's Biblical. If anyone thinks they are earning their way into Heaven, they are sadly mistaken. God's standard is absolute perfection, only Christ has achieved that. It's either grace or works, not both.

Upvote 0

EmSw

White Horse Rider
Apr 26, 2014
✟66,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Who's accusing anyone? All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.

It's Biblical. If anyone thinks they are earning their way into Heaven, they are sadly mistaken. God's standard is absolute perfection, only Christ has achieved that. It's either grace or works, not both.

So, were Zachariah and Elizabeth blameless? If so, please tell us how?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

danstribe

Mar 30, 2013
✟24,205.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Galatians chapter 5 verse 14
The entire law is summed up in a single command love your neighbor as yourself.

1 Peter chapter 4 verse 8
Love covers a great many sins.

Love as best you can and that is true, if you don't love, I believe your lost, even if you say the sinners prayer and go to church.

Matthew chapter 15 verse 8
"'These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me.
I like your post but I need to add that the entire law is summed up in two commands; Love the Lord your God with all of your heart mind and soul and love your neighbor as yourself.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,809.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Jason, you just gave the taboo passages of grace proponents. They NEVER want to discuss what grace teaches us. It funny they do not believe grace and works co-exist with each other, but the verses from Titus teach otherwise.

Yes, my friend. I agree. Also, Ephesians 5:25-27 and Titus 2:14 gives us the reason why Christ gave (died) for us. It was for the purpose so as to make us holy, blameless, without spot, and zealous of good works. This is the full and complete gospel or the meat of the Word they will not accept.

Upvote 0

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
The Great Northern Wilderness
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
amariselle, I found this from Strong's about blameless -

blameless, deserving no censure, free from fault or defect

Why do you find blame with Zechariah and Elizabeth, or Paul for that matter?

I have absolutely no idea why you keep accusing me of blaming anyone.

Also, you are the one who brought up Zechariah and Elizabeth, I never even mentioned them.

Upvote 0