Widlast

Feb 11, 2016
Eastern USA
✟35,523.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Do you think that vampires exist and what do you think about that?
It all depends on what you mean by "vampire".
If you mean an immortal undead being that survives by drinking the blood of the living and can only be killed by certain grisly methods, then NO, the idea is ridiculous.
If you mean a psychic vampire, a person who gets emotional satisfaction from the misery of others, those are dime a dozen.
If you mean the idiots that dress in gothic attire, go to theme parties, occasionally drink blood, and have a tough time keeping a real job, there's quite a few of them too.
At least they are not as weird as "furries".

• Haha
Reactions: Anguspure
Upvote 0

buzuxi02

Veteran
May 14, 2006
New York
✟212,454.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
The modern day vampire of a mysterious hunk who seduces an unsuspecting naive young lady and sips her blood turning her into an undead are nit real, but demons are real.
Demons and even the angels can morph into a mirage of the material world. The only problem I have is that some people on this thread are being hippocritical. Many I have run into believe that the sons of God of Genesis 6 were literal demons that incarnated into homosapien bodies, produced physical sperm and passed on their DNA through the woman's offspring creating a hybrid human species (and if they did that then they can or are still doing it today). So if you believe that, your in no position to deny anything else.

Upvote 0

MrNoodle

Would you like a Chum Burger?
Jan 28, 2017
01000101|01100001|01110010|01110100|01101000
✟111,386.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
In reading this topic, it reminded me of a something.
Years ago, there was a forum that I used to frequent. (though at this time I'm not sure why...) The people on there made claims about Peter Steele formerly of Type O Negative being a vampire, and that he appears for a few years every century, before returning to the grave, etc. Obviously they were crazy fans trying to make him an idol or something. I always thought it was an entertaining plot idea for a movie.

• Useful
Reactions: LaSorcia
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
There are people who consider themselves vampires and which have been interviewed on various shows focusing on the subject. But they are not as depicted in films. Such people are either under the influence of the Devil mentally unbalanced or both.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Anguspure
Upvote 0

Anguspure

Kaitiaki Peacemakers NZ
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2011
New Zealand
✟125,935.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you partake of the Blood of Christ, you will live forever.
This was something that occured to me a while ago. Is the Vampire story based on some sort of attempt to satirise the Gospel message? Maybe something along the lines of the blood libel levelled at the Jews during a similar era.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,460.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
This was something that occured to me a while ago. Is the Vampire story based on some sort of attempt to satirise the Gospel message? Maybe something along the lines of the blood libel levelled at the Jews during a similar era.

I've heard a missionary story quoting such verse from the Bible to people who probably never heard about Christ. They couldn't believe what they're hearing. I've also had one encounter with a person who thinks we Christians are vampires for drinking the Blood of Christ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟825,294.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you think that vampires exist and what do you think about that?

I do not think they exist as portrayed in the modern media. There is little factual evidence to support their existence in history also. I suppose a fallen angel could possibly materialise in such a form and parade as a vampire - so maybe before the flood?. But drinking blood would not be the thing that kept them undead. Indeed as the life of the creature is in the blood and it has always been a sin to drink blood it only plunges the person into the kind of sin captivity that disempowers rather than empowers.

We had a gothic lady stay with us once for a night (she was the friend of some relative who was also staying). She was reading one of these Vampire novels that seem so popular today. I was trying to understand why she would find such a fictional being remotely interesting. My only discernment was that it was weird kind of cry for love. People like her in the face of the spiritual void in which they live find it easier to derive a sense of self worth from associations with dark side fictional beings than from anything real or good. On reflection the whole thing sounds quite demonic really.

Upvote 0

Anguspure

Kaitiaki Peacemakers NZ
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2011
New Zealand
✟125,935.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've heard a missionary story quoting such verse from the Bible to people who probably never heard about Christ. They couldn't believe what they're hearing. I've also had one encounter with a person who thinks we Christians are vampires for drinking the Blood of Christ.
Even Jesus had trouble with His followers after He told them precisely this thing:

Jesus said to them, “Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day. For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them. Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me. This is the bread that came down from heaven. Your ancestors ate manna and died, but whoever feeds on this bread will live forever.” He said this while teaching in the synagogue in Capernaum.

On hearing it, many of his disciples said, “This is a hard teaching. Who can accept it?”

Aware that his disciples were grumbling about this, Jesus said to them, “Does this offend you? Then what if you see the Son of Man ascend to where he was before! The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you—they are full of the Spirit and life. Yet there are some of you who do not believe.” For Jesus had known from the beginning which of them did not believe and who would betray him. He went on to say, “This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless the Father has enabled them.”

From this time many of his disciples turned back and no longer followed him. (John 6)

Upvote 0