America
✟118,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As we've established, you weren't speaking of a vampire myth at all, just about reports of some unidentified phenomena.

Who do you refer to when you say "we"?

I was not speaking of a vampire myth by your definition derived from movies. I was using the historical mythology definition rather than the entertainment definition.

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟774,372.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

That said, no, I do not believe that vampires as depicted in fiction are real. I do believe in the North American ape known as sasquatch. I personally know someone that saw one while hunting in northern Minnesota, and he had absolutely no reason to make it up that he saw one. Even Jane Goodall believes in the possibility of sasquatch.

• Informative
Reactions: Sanoy
Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Do vampires exist? No and yes.

Webster's Dictionary offers the following definition of the word vampire:
1: the reanimated body of a dead person believed to come from the grave at night and suck the blood of persons asleep
2a : one who lives by preying on others
2b : a woman who exploits and ruins her lover
3: vampire bat

#1 does not exist. #2a, 2b and 3 do exist

Upvote 0

Sanoy

Apr 27, 2017
America
✟118,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do vampires exist? No and yes.

Webster's Dictionary offers the following definition of the word vampire:
1: the reanimated body of a dead person believed to come from the grave at night and suck the blood of persons asleep
2a : one who lives by preying on others
2b : a woman who exploits and ruins her lover
3: vampire bat

#1 does not exist. #2a, 2b and 3 do exist

From those definitions we should be wondering if humans exists amirite?^_^^_^^_^

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GirdYourLoins

Nov 27, 2016
Brighton, UK
✟122,682.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I dont, but I know people who do.

It is apparently (so I have been told) a growing belief in what appears to be the more loony conspiracy theory believers that there is a current spate of vampire films designed to make vampires out to be less evil in preparation for them to be revealed to the world as real.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Isn't vapirism real?

What about Bill Schnebolen?
I don't know him although I had heard the name. There are a lot of people running around, writing books, getting on TV shows, and etc. who claim all sorts of things--to be Martians, reincarnated somethings, former leaders of whatever you can name, sorcerers, and so on.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I don't know him although I had heard the name. There are a lot of people running around, writing books, getting on TV shows, and etc. who claim all sorts of things--to be Martians, reincarnated somethings, former leaders of whatever you can name, sorcerers, and so on.

So you dont believe former occult testimonies? Certain ones feel suspect?

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I dont, but I know people who do.

It is apparently (so I have been told) a growing belief in what appears to be the more loony conspiracy theory believers that there is a current spate of vampire films designed to make vampires out to be less evil in preparation for them to be revealed to the world as real.
Although I don't believe that theory, it surely is the case that the vampire movies of recent years have made the vampire of legend out to be quite different from how he used to be described. No longer a grotesque creature of the night who lives in his coffin and turns into a bat etc., he's become a fairly sympathetic human (albeit with pale skin) who, however, has some sort of a physical disability and so finds it hard finding true love or something else like that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
So you dont believe former occult testimonies? Certain ones feel suspect?
I believe that there are some people who were once mixed up with occultish groups, yes, but most of those folks who are seen on TV "exposing" secret information to the world aren't credible, no.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I don't think it's worth 43 minutes of my time to find out. The first one seems to be talking about being with Satanists (and there are such people) but I don't know if anything he says is true; and at least some of what the second one says is about Santeria which is a strange non-Western religion.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I don't think it's worth 43 minutes of my time to find out. The first one seems to be talking about being with Satanists (and there are such people) but I don't know if anything he says is true; and at least some of what the second one says is about Santeria which is a strange non-Western religion.

How can you discern if a testimony is godly?

How can you say vampires are real when cults are involved in it?

Upvote 0

buzuxi02

Veteran
May 14, 2006
New York
✟212,454.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Modern day western conception of vampires are not the same as the "vrykolakas" of the Balkans or the 'ghul' spirits of Arabic folklore. Originally the latter were demonic spirits that roamed cemeteries and could shapeshift into the image of those whose bodies would prematurely swell up and stink worse than usual during burial preparation.

• Agree
Reactions: Sanoy
Upvote 0