Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I have lost my fear too. I finally got tired of fear, and decided to cast it out of my mind. I wait for the Lord, to feel His love. Nothing better than that.

Amen.

• Agree
Reactions: Sam91 and W2L
Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
In "still-ness" i "hear" Him more clearly.

(it's been one of the HARDEST things i've learned - to "be still")

:swoon:
Amen. Hearing the Lord in stillness is something im just now starting to learn. When i need to be still, i close my eyes, and meditate on the word, and on being still. :)

Upvote 0

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟189,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you hear the Shepherds voice?
Not as much as I would like, but I am hearing him more and more with better clarity!

He told me once about discerning, seemed pretty common sense to me that His voice will never lead me to do something contrary to God's will, while a different voice will never lead me to do something in accordance with God's will.

That has made it so much easier to identify if my Lord is speaking to me or not, and when I hear something that is borderline, I pray harder about it.

Upvote 0

Aseyesee

Apr 18, 2017
Norfolk, Virginia
✟59,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sorry to hear about your brother. I find Paul's words to be true. He said that when he was weak he was strong. I believe Paul learned that in his weakness he could find Gods love.

Romans 5:3 And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; 4 and perseverance, character; and character, hope. 5 Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.

6 For when we were still without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. 7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die; yet perhaps for a good man someone would even dare to die. 8 But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

2 Corinthians 12:9 And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Weakness (not feeble mindedness) can be seen from alot of different vantage points in scripture that (more often then not) we take as separate, rather than a part of a cohesive narrative.

Reactions: PeaceJoyLove
Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Not as much as I would like, but I am hearing him more and more with better clarity!

He told me once about discerning, seemed pretty common sense to me that His voice will never lead me to do something contrary to God's will, while a different voice will never lead me to do something in accordance with God's will.

That has made it so much easier to identify if my Lord is speaking to me or not, and when I hear something that is borderline, I pray harder about it.
Thanks BTS. Letely i find that James chapter 3 is helpful when examining myself and discerning Gods voice.

James 3:17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Amen. Hearing the Lord in stillness is something im just now starting to learn. When i need to be still, i close my eyes, and meditate on the word, and on being still. :)

Yes, i have to literally "stop" myself and resist the urge to get distracted and do something else. Sometimes i have to pray to ask God to just "stop me in my tracks" and "still" me hahaaa

Same with reading the Bible. There are times i'd rather be doing something else....once, i held my Bible to my head and just told God honestly that i didn't FEEL like reading His Word, and to change my heart right then and there.

And He did. When i opened the Bible, it was like that Jeremiah 33:3 verse. When i "sought" Him in His Word, it was as if the verses i read "lit up" before me and as if i "saw" them for the first time, and i had "new" understanding of them. It nearly took my breath away.

He loved me even as i told Him i didn't "feel" like reading His Word. He loved me through it and guided me and "prompted" me to seek Him in His Word anyway.

Reminds me of this:

“Tell God all that is in your heart, as one unloads one's heart, it's pleasures, and it's pains, to a dear friend.

Tell him your troubles, that he may comfort you; tell him your joys, that he may sober them; tell him your longings, that he may purify them; tell him your dislikes, that he may help you coquer them; talk to him of your temptations, that he may shield you from them; show him the wounds of your heart, that he may heal them; lay bare your indifference to good, your depraved tastes for evil, your instability. Tell him how self-love makes you unjust to others, how vanity tempts you to be insincere, how pride disguises you to yourself and others.

If you thus pour out your weaknesses, needs, troubles, there will be no lack of what to say. You will never exhaust the subject. It is continually being renewed. People who have no secrets from each other never want for subject of conversation. They do not weigh their words, for there is nothing to be held back, neither do they seek for something to say. They talk out of the abundance of their heart, without consideration they say just what they think. Blessed are they who attain to such familiar, unreserved intimacy with God.” ~Francois Fenelon'

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PeaceJoyLove

Apr 9, 2017
Nova Scotia
✟74,422.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
But how can we know it's the "Joy of the Lord" and not just a restful mindset that comes when we feel relaxed? Prayer/meditation/quietness etc. has a positive effect on the brain, so how can we tell it's the Joy of the Lord in comparison? How can we hear God reminding us of his commandments if we never hear him talk and we're reminded of the commandments through our own thoughts dwelling on them?

The joy of the Lord will become unending, bubbling up from deep within. It is beyond human understanding of joy...it is amazing and beautiful and NOT of ourselves. Just as is HIS peace.

Rejoice, CrystalDragon, He changes us by the renewing of our minds!! His thoughts become our thoughts! Scripture promises our hearts will be transformed by the renewing of our minds. (Romans 12:1-2) HE brings His Word to our remembrance, and if we DO it...that is faith. Then HE gives increase, as we decrease.

And the scripture that says "pray without ceasing", I find that in all things, I have a continuous dialogue with HIM going on...not just when a specific need arises. HE directs my steps. Things become automatic, from the heart and not by conscious thoughts. Hope that made some sense.

Also remember, it is a growing process...not instantaneous...as we obey more and more, HE gives us more and more...Be encouraged, CrystalDragon!

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Weakness (not feeble mindedness) can be seen from alot of different vantage points in scripture that (more often then not) we take as separate, rather than a part of a cohesive narrative.
Thanks Aseyesee, can you please expound on that?

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes, i have to literally "stop" myself and resist the urge to get distracted and do something else. Sometimes i have to pray to ask God to just "stop me in my tracks" and "still" me hahaaa

Same with reading the Bible. There are times i'd rather be doing something else....once, i held my Bible to my head and just told God honestly that i didn't FEEL like reading His Word, and to change my heart right then and there.

And He did. When i opened the Bible, it was like that Jeremiah 33:3 verse. When i "sought" Him in His Word, it was as if the verses i read "lit up" before me and as if i "saw" them for the first time, and i had "new" understanding of them. It nearly took my breath away.

He loved me even as i told Him i didn't "feel" like reading His Word. He loved me through it and guided me and "prompted" me to seek Him in His Word anyway.

Reminds me of this:

“Tell God all that is in your heart, as one unloads one's heart, it's pleasures, and it's pains, to a dear friend.

Tell him your troubles, that he may comfort you; tell him your joys, that he may sober them; tell him your longings, that he may purify them; tell him your dislikes, that he may help you coquer them; talk to him of your temptations, that he may shield you from them; show him the wounds of your heart, that he may heal them; lay bare your indifference to good, your depraved tastes for evil, your instability. Tell him how self-love makes you unjust to others, how vanity tempts you to be insincere, how pride disguises you to yourself and others.

If you thus pour out your weaknesses, needs, troubles, there will be no lack of what to say. You will never exhaust the subject. It is continually being renewed. People who have no secrets from each other never want for subject of conversation. They do not weigh their words, for there is nothing to be held back, neither do they seek for something to say. They talk out of the abundance of their heart, without consideration they say just what they think. Blessed are they who attain to such familiar, unreserved intimacy with God.” ~Francois Fenelon'
Sometimes i pray too fast. I dont believe in long prayers but sometimes i need to slow down, and listen as i pray.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aseyesee

Apr 18, 2017
Norfolk, Virginia
✟59,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here's a self expounding question (a chance to hear his voice (If you don't already) in the form of many waters.

Where did Jesus (as one who was taught by his father) get what he said to Nicodemous that as a master in Israel he should have known? And how many forms of this can you see?

I don't mean this to be a riddle me this batman thing :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Sometimes i pray too fast. I dont believe in long prayers but sometimes i need to slow down, and listen as i pray.

me too.....sometimes God brings it to my attention and He chuckles so to speak....as if He's asking "In a hurry?"

i used to have a sorta' "hurry sickness" and He interrupted that, too.

I'm reminded of Jesus.

He never ever "hurried".

That's kinda' comforting.

• Agree
Reactions: Sam91
Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Speaking of fear and following the Shepherds voice.

Psalms 23 The Lord is my shepherd;
I shall not want.
2 He makes me to lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside the still waters.
3 He restores my soul;
He leads me in the paths of righteousness
For His name’s sake.

4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil;
For You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.

Upvote 0