W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
me too.....sometimes God brings it to my attention and He chuckles so to speak....as if He's asking "In a hurry?"

i used to have a sorta' "hurry sickness" and He interrupted that, too.

I'm reminded of Jesus.

He never ever "hurried".

That's kinda' comforting.
Yes i have hurry sickness. The Lord will heal it, and He is even now. :)

Upvote 0

Aseyesee

Apr 18, 2017
Norfolk, Virginia
✟59,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Though the new testament is too, the old testament is packed full of symbolism that depict things, or truths in relationship to the journey we as children of God find our selves in, and yep, also in us.

Another question ... or maybe you could call it a seed.

In what way does the scenarios, and language used to tell the story of Abraham depict the words Nicodemous couldn't quite swallow?

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Though the new testament is too, the old testament is packed full of symbolism that depict things, or truths in relationship to the journey we as children of God find our selves in, and yep, also in us.

In what way does the scenarios, and language used to tell the story of Abraham depict the words Nicodemous couldn't quite swallow?
I dont know. Perhaps you could water that seed a little, and help me understand. :)

Upvote 0

PeaceJoyLove

Apr 9, 2017
Nova Scotia
✟66,922.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Well, in order to truly be from Abraham, we must have the seed of God (Word) growing by HIS spirit through FAITH. Faith is what counted Abraham righteous in God's eyes. Abraham trusted God to the uttermost, walking obediently without questioning. All that Abraham possessed was the LORD's...even his son that he so willingly, without batting an eye, placed upon the altar and raised the knife. Yeah, Abraham TRUSTED God. So will true sons/daughters of the most high God...born again of incorruptible seed.

Reactions: Sam91
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't know what His voice sounds like but I do know what His Word says.

If you know His Word then you know what the spirit says. The Lords word is truth, and so His voice is truth. Its my opinion that God guides us by reminding us of the things He taught us from scripture. When we do something wrong we know it, because the spirit of truth tells us. This of course isnt the same as hearing an audible voice, but its joyful to know that you do hear the Lord in some capacity. And love, its a language all its own. :) Its Joyful to listen. Even now i can hear Gods love calling me.

Philippians 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things. 9 The things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Another way we can hear Gods voice is to discern His chastening. Every single child of God is chastened. Chastening isn't joyful but it does produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.. Hebrews 12:11

Chastening is also proof of Gods love.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Psalm 68:33 To Him who rides on the heaven of heavens, which were of old!
Indeed, He sends out His voice, a mighty voice.
34 Ascribe strength to God;
His excellence is over Israel,
And His strength is in the clouds.
35 O God, You are more awesome than Your holy places.
The God of Israel is He who gives strength and power to His people.

Blessed be God!

Reactions: PeaceJoyLove
Upvote 0

Aseyesee

Apr 18, 2017
Norfolk, Virginia
✟59,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, in order to truly be from Abraham, we must have the seed of God (Word) growing by HIS spirit through FAITH. Faith is what counted Abraham righteous in God's eyes. Abraham trusted God to the uttermost, walking obediently without questioning. All that Abraham possessed was the LORD's...even his son that he so willingly, without batting an eye, placed upon the altar and raised the knife. Yeah, Abraham TRUSTED God. So will true sons/daughters of the most high God...born again of incorruptible seed.

Certainly part of it, no doubts there, but like Adam Abraham harkened unto his wife; and where did Abraham run to when there was faminine in the land (all part of the plan though), and what happened because he did? But this gets off of the subject of born again and into the mechanics of it, though this to is needful:D

Upvote 0

Aseyesee

Apr 18, 2017
Norfolk, Virginia
✟59,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you know His Word then you know what the spirit says. The Lords word is truth, and so His voice is truth. Its my opinion that God guides us by reminding us of the things He taught us from scripture. When we do something wrong we know it, because the spirit of truth tells us. This of course isnt the same as hearing an audible voice, but its joyful to know that you do hear the Lord in some capacity. And love, its a language all its own. :) Its Joyful to listen. Even now i can hear Gods love calling me.

Philippians 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things. 9 The things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you.

Know is a very big word ...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

PeaceJoyLove

Apr 9, 2017
Nova Scotia
✟66,922.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Certainly part of it, no doubts there, but like Adam Abraham harkened unto his wife; and where did Abraham run to when there was faminine in the land (all part of the plan though), and what happened because he did? But this gets off of the subject of born again and into the mechanics of it, though this to is needful:D

All of those things were done by Abram...then when he got his stuff together, God called him Abraham and made a covenant marked by circumcision (of the flesh). It was THEN, Abraham and Sarah were given the son of The Promise, Isaac...and all who have that same faith will be circumcised of the heart by the Spirit by receiving the SEED of God to become a son/daughter. Born again in the spirit, a new creature who follows after the spirit and NOT the flesh.

Reactions: Aseyesee
Upvote 0

Aseyesee

Apr 18, 2017
Norfolk, Virginia
✟59,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
All of those things were done by Abram...then when he got his stuff together, God called him Abraham and made a covenant marked by circumcision (of the flesh). It was THEN, Abraham and Sarah were given the son of The Promise, Isaac...and all who have that same faith will be circumcised of the heart by the Spirit by receiving the SEED of God to become a son/daughter. Born again in the spirit, a new creature who follows after the spirit and NOT the flesh.

God calls every son out of Egypt, which for Abram began as the journey from Ur.

• Agree
Reactions: PeaceJoyLove
Upvote 0