✟17,727.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Adela said:
Do you have an accent? I've lived in Georgia my entire life, so I definitely have one. My husband lived in Columbia, SC and then moved to Georgia. He had sort of a faint one, but he's developed more of one the last few years. Mine used to be really heavy, but I've improved it.

My husband likes to tease me about mine. He say's it gets more southern whenever I get around my family. There's is heavier than mine. :D

Do I have an accent?

Personaly I like my steak seasoned with a little salt and then, if the cook did not get it right, I put some A1 on it.
Oh, ah you are talking about the seasoning stake tenderizer aren't cha? :confused:

NO?

Well we'uns har luv ta accent our high falutin livin with fried cat fish and grits.

Oh, ah ya'll ain't chattin about culture nether? :doh:

Oh! you on's want to know how we say our words.

We jaw like eren one else in t' go ole US of A do.
But of course we on's know that tem thar yankies talk with an accent.
Eren one else I know in north central Flarda talks with a twang. :thumbsup:
Tem thar North Georga folk talk with a drawl.

Upvote 0

Adela

Senior Veteran
Oct 29, 2005
Georgia
✟2,695.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Palatka44 said:
Well we'uns har luv ta accent our high falutin livin with fried cat fish and grits.

Oh, ah ya'll ain't chattin about culture nether? :doh:

Oh! you on's want to know how we say our words.

We jaw like eren one else in t' go ole US of A do.
But of course we on's know that tem thar yankies talk with an accent.
Eren one else I know in north central Flarda talks with a twang. :thumbsup:
Tem thar North Georga folk talk with a drawl.

Huh? I really don't know what you said. :)

Upvote 0

katautumn

Prodigal Daughter
May 14, 2015
Atlanta, GA
✟24,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm from Georgia and yes, (LOL) I have an accent. I work with several New York natives and that's when it gets really obvious. My accent has gotten worse since being with my fiance. I find myself saying "somewur" instead of somewhere. I have to keep that in check. :)

Upvote 0

gracechick

Senior Veteran
Nov 25, 2005
Looking Up:D
✟6,474.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This is interesting, bcause here in NW Virginia there is still some southern accent. When I go to SW Virginia I notice it even more though.
But there is a big differnece to me as one drives further north towards WashingtonDC & on into Maryland.
I did go visit my sis years ago in Canada & some kids there at the park just loved to here me & my finacee talk. They would have gone nuts to hear some of ya'll Im sure!
*Im going to check one of those maps rite now. :cool:

Upvote 0
Jan 3, 2005
Virginia
✟67,196.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
gracechick said:
This is interesting, bcause here in NW Virginia there is still some southern accent. When I go to SW Virginia I notice it even more though.
But there is a big differnece to me as one drives further north towards WashingtonDC & on into Maryland.
Oh yeah, I live in Arlington, VA (which is really close to DC) and I don't have a southern accent and when I go down farther in VA I totally notice that southern accent and if I am around people like that for long amounts of time I tend to start to get one, but when I go back home, it immediately goes away.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Dec 29, 2004
Kentucky
✟1,343.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
i have a REALLY strong accent. and it gets worse when im around ppl w/o southern accents
Or it gets better ;) :D

I have an accent :D

It's interesting how many colleges are offering classes now to help southerners get rid of their accent.
That is really sad, there is no way in the world I would go to a class to get rid of my accent...

Upvote 0

Breetai

For I am not ashamed of the Gospel...
Dec 3, 2003
✟23,820.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Darkhorse said:
Everyone has an accent - a set of inflections and pronunciations characteristic of the speech they have been immersed in - wherever they might be!
This might be one of the few intelligant, if not the, posts in this thread! :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.