Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I do now. There's a girl at my parents church I think could be a really good match for me, she checks off a lot of my boxes........I want to PM her but haven't actually met her........Hoping the pandemic ends soon so I can introduce myself at church, & when I feel the time is right, I'm going to ask my parents about her.......Oh boy, I haven't had a crush in a long time, but it's crushing hard right now......
Ugh, I am freaking OCD'ing so bad. I'm scrolling thru her social media. She is so perfect for me. I want to PM her so bad.....I know I should wait tho.....

• Prayers
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟214,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I do now. There's a girl at my parents church I think could be a really good match for me, she checks off a lot of my boxes........I want to PM her but haven't actually met her........Hoping the pandemic ends soon so I can introduce myself at church, & when I feel the time is right, I'm going to ask my parents about her.......Oh boy, I haven't had a crush in a long time, but it's crushing hard right now......

Ugh, I am freaking OCD'ing so bad. I'm scrolling thru her social media. She is so perfect for me. I want to PM her so bad.....I know I should wait tho.....
So much anxiety right now!!!

Help!!!

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟990,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So much anxiety right now!!!

Help!!!

Hey, no need to panic over this, man. :) Just try pm'ing her to say hello and welcoming her to your parents' church (I assume you saw her in person there at least once even if you weren't able to talk?), and try not to stress out just because she seems like such a magical creature at first glance, okay? With the girl I now have a crush on, and intend to keep crushing on for a long while, I noticed she was cute and was eager to begin conversing with her while at work. But I treated her as a friend who at best I simply liked being around at first, and did not even seriously start feeling romantic inclinations towards her until at least six or seven months since she first arrived at my workplace. There was no need to for me to stress out until the day I finally asked her out and confessed to having a crush on her (and that was at least another three or four months later after beginning to feel more romantically inclined instead of just the same kind of fondness for her that I would any one of my friends who are women). As romantically idealistic as I am, I must concede that in today's society it really is likely for the best to not come on strong right off the bat no matter what you are personally feeling towards her - even if she seems like a dream come true or some great goddess of love who will haunt your daydreams for years to come ^-^ - especially if this is your very first meeting with any measure of conversation with her. Treat her as an acquaintance you'd like to simply get to know better and in time genuinely befriend; it probably will never pay off to let her know in any way that she already clicks with you romantically when you haven't even really talked with her yet. Just take it slow and easy.

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟214,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hey, no need to panic over this, man. :) Just try pm'ing her to say hello and welcoming her to your parents' church (I assume you saw her in person there at least once even if you weren't able to talk?), and try not to stress out just because she seems like such a magical creature at first glance, okay? With the girl I now have a crush on, and intend to keep crushing on for a long while, I noticed she was cute and was eager to begin conversing with her while at work. But I treated her as a friend who at best I simply liked being around at first, and did not even seriously start feeling romantic inclinations towards her until at least six or seven months since she first arrived at my workplace. There was no need to for me to stress out until the day I finally asked her out and confessed to having a crush on her (and that was at least another three or four months later after beginning to feel more romantically inclined instead of just the same kind of fondness for her that I would any one of my friends who are women). As romantically idealistic as I am, I must concede that in today's society it really is likely for the best to not come on strong right off the bat no matter what you are personally feeling towards her - even if she seems like a dream come true or some great goddess of love who will haunt your daydreams for years to come ^-^ - especially if this is your very first meeting with any measure of conversation with her. Treat her as an acquaintance you'd like to simply get to know better and in time genuinely befriend; it probably will never pay off to let her know in any way that she already clicks with you romantically when you haven't even really talked with her yet. Just take it slow and easy.
She goes to the church consistently before it closed till the pandemic's over. She's not new to it. A PM would have to be something other then welcome......

No, I can't PM her yet. The church has been closed since the pandemic started so she hasn't actually seen me since March (actually she might not even know I exist). We never have met. I'd be a total stranger to her. It's best to just wait it out. I'm so, so, so anxious she's going to get a boyfriend or find a new church & I won't be able to meet her, but I just have to trust it's the right move. I don't want to blow it. It's been a long time since I've had a crush because finding women I think would be compatible w/ me isn't easy. I need to introduce myself in person, either via networking at the church or just taking a breath & doing it, & talk a bit, let her know I exist.

My friend met his ex in a similar way. They talked briefly at church once, then she was actually the one who PM'ed him after, and it snowballed.

• Prayers
Reactions: SarahsKnight
Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟990,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
but I just have to trust it's the right move. I don't want to blow it.
Yes, just try to trust, and certainly don't do anything hasty in this situation. Maybe she's meant for you, maybe she isn't. You will just have to trust the Lord that He will provide in the end and knows what is best.

• Agree
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,004,874.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
She goes to the church consistently before it closed till the pandemic's over. She's not new to it. A PM would have to be something other then welcome......

No, I can't PM her yet. The church has been closed since the pandemic started so she hasn't actually seen me since March (actually she might not even know I exist). We never have met. I'd be a total stranger to her. It's best to just wait it out. I'm so, so, so anxious she's going to get a boyfriend or find a new church & I won't be able to meet her, but I just have to trust it's the right move. I don't want to blow it. It's been a long time since I've had a crush because finding women I think would be compatible w/ me isn't easy. I need to introduce myself in person, either via networking at the church or just taking a breath & doing it, & talk a bit, let her know I exist.

My friend met his ex in a similar way. They talked briefly at church once, then she was actually the one who PM'ed him after, and it snowballed.

If she doesn't know you exist, best to hold off on a message until a formal intro has taken place so she's not totally creeped out.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟837,557.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I have an anticrush.

Man, I hear you. I have a general anti-crush. I love beautiful, sweet, intelligent women. But I refuse to put in with one. I have two thoughts when I see an attractive (to me) woman. The second one rapidly cancels out the first, lol.

Upvote 0

Miles

Student of Life
Mar 6, 2005
USA
✟381,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Man, I hear you. I have a general anti-crush. I love beautiful, sweet, intelligent women. But I refuse to put in with one. I have two thoughts when I see an attractive (to me) woman. The second one rapidly cancels out the first, lol.
It almost sounds like to be in a relationship you want to have your cake and eat it too!

I can relate.

Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟837,557.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It almost sounds like to be in a relationship you want to have your cake and eat it too!

I can relate.

I'm just not a fan of cake. It's not for everybody, I know. And, I think love is sweet. I hope all romances flourish. I'm just not cut out for it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟214,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Well church is open for service Sunday. Not gonna lie, I really want her to be there Sunday.
Well, my mom has a cold so my parents aren't going Sunday. I'm annoyed:angry:

This is so frustrating.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,161,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Interesting. I guess I don't value intelligence all that much. As long as she likes to have a good time and a good heart.

Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟837,557.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Interesting. I guess I don't value intelligence all that much. As long as she likes to have a good time and a good heart.

I don't know why, but intelligent woman are just attractive to me. Honestly, I think librarians are hot.

• Agree
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0