British Columbia
✟1,006,833.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Is it normal to have a crush on someone for years? I don't get crushes often, but when I do I crush hard. I can count on one hand, the number of women I've crushed on. I don't count Hollywood actresses, since I don't know them personally. I would say the feelings I have for them are closer to lust than love.

Do you mean that you lust over ordinary people, or actresses? Anyhow, I'd think it entirely normal to crush on some women for years at a time. I like to think the only way to truly be rid of a crush is to become interested in someone else, and if there's no one suitable, then the result is a crush lasting longer than most.

Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟288,577.00
Faith
Christian
Is it normal to have a crush on someone for years? I don't get crushes often, but when I do I crush hard. I can count on one hand, the number of women I've crushed on. I don't count Hollywood actresses, since I don't know them personally. I would say the feelings I have for them are closer to lust than love.

Crushes are a bit like songs - some age BADLY, whilst others are timeless. It just depends on what chords they hit.

If you connected with them on a certain level - a level which VERY few women have ever reached you on, then you might always like them. And in some ways, you should take solace in that, because it means that you ARE contactable. Some men never loosen up enough to even listen.

It pays to check yourself though. How much of what you're feeling is in your head? I already KNOW that you're a great story teller - sometimes maybe TOO good. So be honest, how much daydreaming has been going on over the years?

Anyway, to everyone: enjoy JUST having a crush. Because when someone else loves you back and you engage in an intense romance, it puts an entirely different complexion on things. And they're not generally bred from crushes either - they'll leap up out of nowhere and bump you straight on the nose.

If I could go back? I honestly wouldn't bother - not under our (mine and hers) impossible circumstances. It was great up to a certain point, but the damage caused just wasn't worth it. I actually can't 'crush' in the conventional sense, I just feel pity for those who fall in love. (It's borderline sociopathic.)

I know, it's terrible lol. You haven't got to tell me.

Upvote 0

MrMoe

Part-Time Breatharian
Sep 13, 2011
Moe's Tavern
✟144,735.00
Faith
Christian
What's the difference between a crush and liking someone? Do you draw a distinction in your mind?

Well I like everyone here, that doesn't mean I have a crush on everyone. ^_^ A crush to me is someone I find attractive and see myself being in a romantic relationship with.

Upvote 0

MrMoe

Part-Time Breatharian
Sep 13, 2011
Moe's Tavern
✟144,735.00
Faith
Christian
It pays to check yourself though. How much of what you're feeling is in your head? I already KNOW that you're a great story teller - sometimes maybe TOO good. So be honest, how much daydreaming has been going on over the years?

Well, since quarantine, I've been doing a lot.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟993,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I haven't really had a crush in 10 years.

That's too bad. Warm feelings for a lady really are one of life's precious pleasures, as I have come to find this year. :angel:

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟993,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I used to have a crush. Then I fell into DMB land.

Is this a vague reference to one of the Dave Matthews Band's songs, "Crash Into Me", by chance? ^_^

• Haha
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,510.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Despite wanting gf, I haven't really had a crush in 10 years.
I do now. There's a girl at my parents church I think could be a really good match for me, she checks off a lot of my boxes........I want to PM her but haven't actually met her........Hoping the pandemic ends soon so I can introduce myself at church, & when I feel the time is right, I'm going to ask my parents about her.......Oh boy, I haven't had a crush in a long time, but it's crushing hard right now......

Upvote 0