Do you guys think that it's a sin to train martial arts / grappling as an Orthodox Christian ?

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I want to clarify this point. When I say it is a neccesity in this day and age. I do not mean because going out in public has gotten dangerous The fact is Christianity has developed an image that it is an effeminate religion and there is some credence to this . Seriously think about this; what woman would marry a man who attends church whose leader is a liberal woman and is taught to be a pacifist (pushover)? Not only do I know men that have left Christianity over this (yet still believe in Christ) but the amount of women purposely avoiding marrying "church guys" is huge.
I feel that is one of the main reasons men don't go to Church. Before going to an Orthodox Church in college, I went to a non-denominational one and the songs were so emotional in the sense they sound Romantic-like that I did not go to Church for half a year.

Upvote 0

buzuxi02

Veteran
May 14, 2006
New York
✟212,454.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I feel that is one of the main reasons men don't go to Church. Before going to an Orthodox Church in college, I went to a non-denominational one and the songs were so emotional in the sense they sound Romantic-like that I did not go to Church for half a year.

This is quite common, whether it be on a subconscious level or not. The amount of people both men and women who have left Christianity including the Orthodox Church ,,(I know of many) over this perception of it being an effeminate faith with no teeth or edge is significant,

Upvote 0

walking.away.123

Mar 24, 2004
None
✟25,039.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
The amount of people both men and women who have left Christianity including the Orthodox Church ,,(I know of many) over this perception of it being an effeminate faith with no teeth or edge is significant
I've heard one factor in men more frequently join the Orthodox Church is the perception that it is a struggle. It's not easy to stand that long. Maybe some parishes in America have a softer feel now.

Upvote 0