Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Because some of us have jobs where we need to maintain a certain amount of anonymity online. It is also a safety issue. Once you post your picture online, it becomes available for general use by anyone.

Why do you feel like you need to know what someone looks like to have a conversation with them? That actually doesn't sound very Christian-like. This isn't a dating website where looks might actually matter.
trust me on this one---it's a guy thing. It really is.

guys are just naturally honed in on how a woman looks.
and as a result they are also overly concerned with how they look.
that's why you see all this "I go to the gym 20 times a week" business.

lol yes, it's nice to see a toned body, but there's only so much daylight
available to admire that body that they worked so hard to achieve.

give me a nice friendly guy who likes a glass of wine, who has an easy smile and laugh, who's flexible, laid back, and forward-looking, kind to others, and who just plain likes to be around a woman
and he gets my :oldthumbsup: :clap::clap::clap:.

Reactions: dayhiker
Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status

give me a nice friendly guy who likes a glass of wine, who has an easy smile and laugh, who's flexible, laid back, and forward-looking, kind to others, and who just plain likes to be around a woman

but most men don't go to the gym 20 times a week nor post that...well, except maybe on a dating forum...it definitely isn't a common post on "Mature Singles"

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
but most men don't go to the gym 20 times a week nor post that...well, except maybe on a dating forum...it definitely isn't a common post on "Mature Singles"
I think truth be told, there's very few who even go 5 times a week, and those who are honest will most likely be the ones who go twice---perhaps. It's just that they see all the other guys bragging about how often they go, etc....so they think: Well, this must be important to women because every other guy here is doing this..

What I long to ask them is "When you've gone to the gym, how many women do you see standing around admiring you?" If they want admiration, the gym is the place to find that, and that's where their mate will probably be.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
I think truth be told, there's very few who even go 5 times a week, and those who are honest will most likely be the ones who go twice---perhaps. It's just that they see all the other guys bragging about how often they go, etc....

I hang out on talk forums. I don't see post like this at all. I know my brother goes daily (except Sunday) but it is about losing weight and getting his BP in a normal range....it isn't about a buff body (he is far from that).

Upvote 0

Kruise

May 10, 2017
Moncton
✟15,466.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Others
Because some of us have jobs where we need to maintain a certain amount of anonymity online. It is also a safety issue. Once you post your picture online, it becomes available for general use by anyone.

Why do you feel like you need to know what someone looks like to have a conversation with them? That actually doesn't sound very Christian-like. This isn't a dating website where looks might actually matter.
Hi. My apologies. Just getting home from work. I'm a little embarrassed by my comment and will change my pic. I'm not here to pick up anyone but understand what your saying. You make perfect sense. Please accept my apology...

Upvote 0

Kruise

May 10, 2017
Moncton
✟15,466.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Others

Good evening. Pretty sure somewhere in the Bible it says we should find a mate we're attracted to, not to say they need to be off Bay Watch ( A little behind on the times sorry), but attracted to. Also, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and they claim sex ( only to have after marriage) is 90% mental, etc. So should marry someone you connect with, similar mindset...

Reactions: Artanis
Upvote 0

Kruise

May 10, 2017
Moncton
✟15,466.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Others
I hang out on talk forums. I don't see post like this at all. I know my brother goes daily (except Sunday) but it is about losing weight and getting his BP in a normal range....it isn't about a buff body (he is far from that).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Servant68

Sleepless 300 miles from Seattle
Jun 30, 2015
The Pacific Northwest
✟73,203.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

i-m-your-man-t-shirts-mannen-premium-t-shirt.jpg

Upvote 0

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I almost never go to the gym. When I was on vacation back in March, I went once to the gym. Only time this year so far.

I'd rather get out for a jog or hike to get a workout in. Most of the time I just go for a walk and see everyone that is walking their dog. I don't have a dog tho.

• Agree
Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Good evening. Pretty sure somewhere in the Bible it says we should find a mate we're attracted to, not to say they need to be off Bay Watch ( A little behind on the times sorry), but attracted to. Also, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and they claim sex ( only to have after marriage) is 90% mental, etc. So should marry someone you connect with, similar mindset...

I agree wholeheartedly, especially since the looks that we all start out with will not be the looks that we end up with, LOL.
Somewhere in there the attraction has to be more than just eye candy, otherwise it will fade with time unless there's a more substantial mutual attraction.

I'd rather think that relationships are based on compatibility, shared values, and shared experiences, and that looks are just the frosting on the cake that gets sweeter as we age.

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
I almost never go to the gym. When I was on vacation back in March, I went once to the gym. Only time this year so far.

I'd rather get out for a jog or hike to get a workout in. Most of the time I just go for a walk and see everyone that is walking their dog. I don't have a dog tho.
I agree I used to love to walk outside (back in the days when I could). now my exercise is found in pulling weeds, walking behind the lawnmower (sometimes) or doing the chores around the house which is not considered to be exercise (except that it is, LOL.)

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
see? it's just not that hard to attract a woman who knows what she wants long term.
and realistically speaking there are some places where it's just not proper to doff your shirt and flex the pecs at her, LOL.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Lybrah

Apr 26, 2016
Maryland
✟62,845.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And do you also fear that God will pair you with some one you don't like or are not compatible with??

No. Unfortunately, my problem is that I am superficial. I cannot get excited about a person I find unattractive. I know I seem like a jerk. But I want someone good looking (in addition to the other good stuff). And the worst of it is, I am not even that good looking myself! And I am old! So I guess I will have to settle for nothing. I've been praying for forgiveness and change on this situation.

Upvote 0

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Well, it is hard to love what your not attracted to in a romantic sense. Your not the first person I've heard say what you just said, Lybrah.
If I had to give a possible suggestion to get around it, I'd say make friends with and see if you can switch from a friendship to a romantic relationship with you find a guy that you really click with. But from reports it seems like its hard to switch from being in the friend zone to the romantic zone.
I can definitely having to change my standard of what I thought was pretty as I got older. So far I've been able to do that. But its not 100, cause I still want a nice looking lady.

Upvote 0