US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
And do you also fear that God will pair you with some one you don't like or are not compatible with??
I dont want to ever get married but I know I have a soulmate. I feel everyone has a soulmate who would love them perfectly.

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
I dont want to ever get married but I know I have a soulmate. I feel everyone has a soulmate who would love them perfectly.
yes, and there are some who choose Jesus Christ as their soul mate, and are thus not single having been fulfilled both in this World and in the Next by Him and in Him.

But for the rest of us who were cast by God in a different mold, and who were formed to seek companionship and fulfillment in a mate, the possibility of finding that fulfillment does have a clock attached.

Reactions: Artanis
Upvote 0

NJM24

Apr 10, 2017
Michigan
✟1,326.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
And do you also fear that God will pair you with some one you don't like or are not compatible with??
Why would God do that? I think that would be more like YOU chose someone you ended up not liking or with whom you are not compatible.

Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0

NJM24

Apr 10, 2017
Michigan
✟1,326.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have a greater fear of being with someone that I don't truly love and respect just so I won't be bored and lonely.
[/QUOTE]
Please don't do that. I know people which also includes a family member that did that and they are not happy and continually complains about the other person ALL the time. I don't believe it's a good idea to settle.

Upvote 0

NJM24

Apr 10, 2017
Michigan
✟1,326.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't want to be alone, but singleness does not mean being alone.

I don't really believe in there being a "wrong" one or "right" one. I'm not waiting for God to select; I think my choice of relationship is my responsibility. Everyone has baggage.

Hi Redblue22. I agree that everyone has baggage. I think the problem is people don't deal with their baggage before moving on therefore taking it into the next unsuccessful relationship. I see red flags everywhere now. Of course no one is perfect but there are red flags that I've ignored in the past but don't ignore now. I also agree that singleness does not mean being alone or lonely

Upvote 0

redblue22

You Are Special.
Jan 13, 2012
✟73,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I see all relationships as having serious problems. I have serious problems and I bring those into a relationship or into those I choose against. If I wait for the sins and consequences, what am I to give in? Singleness or marriage? Either one has consequences to me and others. There is no neutral path where it is just about me.

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
I see all relationships as having serious problems. I have serious problems and I bring those into a relationship or into those I choose against. If I wait for the sins and consequences, what am I to give in? Singleness or marriage? Either one has consequences to me and others. There is no neutral path where it is just about me.

well almost...one could live the life of a hermit, but it's difficult to do that in our society.
Perhaps the nearest possibility to that sort of life would be an enclosed community;
either under the ocean, in space, in the wilderness, in a remote jungle, or on an island.

Another possibility would be to live among people that have a different language and culture.

Upvote 0

redblue22

You Are Special.
Jan 13, 2012
✟73,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
well almost...one could live the life of a hermit, but it's difficult to do that in our society.
Perhaps the nearest possibility to that sort of life would be an enclosed community;
either under the ocean, in space, in the wilderness, in a remote jungle, or on an island.

Another possibility would be to live among people that have a different language and culture.

The problem is that I am there in each possible situation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
The problem is that I am there in each possible situation.
but so is God. And if God who is perfect is there and can put up with us, then we can also probably put up with others; either to learn from the situation, or else to grow more loving.

Reactions: redblue22
Upvote 0

ElsieBA

May 3, 2017
Kuching
✟10,089.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
I used to fear staying single forever that I wanted to be in a relationship even if most were online. I had a personal relationship with God, but he was at the corner of my life then. In my pursuit to be in a relationship, it made me restless and insecure. I had wrongly thought that my life would only be fulfilled through marriage. On hindsight, I was just emotionally addicted. But when I finally surrendered my desire for marriage to God and seek to know Jesus more intimately, I felt his peace. Over time, he has given me contentment with just him alone and in what I have and not what I don't have. I hold on to his promise in Isaiah 46:4 "I will be your God through all your lifetime, yes, even when your hair is white with age. I made you and I will care for you. I will carry you along and be your Savior".

I don't believe that God will pair me with someone I don't like because he knows me better than I do for he created me (Psalm 139). I have not close the door to marriage completely but with where I live now and age factor against me, I leave it to the Lord where nothing is impossible. :amen:

Upvote 0

Kruise

May 10, 2017
Moncton
✟15,466.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Others
Why don't people use their real picture. As a Christian are we not suppose to be honest about who we are and not ashamed to show we are Christians? Sure it's fine to use an avatar but would be nice to see a face behind the message. Would keep things more real. Again I don't smile like this very often as I deal with depression but figured I would try to set a friendly tone here. God Bless!

• Friendly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Kruise

May 10, 2017
Moncton
✟15,466.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Others
It is easy to know. If you want this woman then she is for you.
Lol. When you've been single for the past couple of years you might want any woman. I guess if your attracted to her and she shares the same Christian values then you would date her and pray to God for guidance...But choosing a Christian woman would be the first most important decision.

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Why don't people use their real picture. As a Christian are we not suppose to be honest about who we are and not ashamed to show we are Christians? Sure it's fine to use an avatar but would be nice to see a face behind the message. Would keep things more real. Again I don't smile like this very often as I deal with depression but figured I would try to set a friendly tone here. God Bless!

Because some of us have jobs where we need to maintain a certain amount of anonymity online. It is also a safety issue. Once you post your picture online, it becomes available for general use by anyone.

Why do you feel like you need to know what someone looks like to have a conversation with them? That actually doesn't sound very Christian-like. This isn't a dating website where looks might actually matter.

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Not sure how you would know if a woman you were dating was the one God planned for you?
that's very easy. imagine the best person for you and then multiply by 10.

Reactions: Artanis
Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican

aww, but you've got a great smile!

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
that's very easy. imagine the best person for you and then multiply by 10.

Not sure if this is true or this easy. It takes a lot of prayer and faith. I married the man that I finally accepted that I just couldn't imagine not being in my life...that his absence would have left me empty. I got married with the thought that this is either the best decision of my life or the worst. Luckily, it was the best decision...

He died 7 years ago and I still miss him and am learning how to live without him.

Upvote 0