Sep 20, 2014
✟93,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I do want to be married, but I'm not afraid of staying single. I am afraid of being completely alone, as in no husband, kids, or friends. My oldest son is about to start his senior year of high school. He wants to move away when he finishes. This has me very concerned that I will live out my elderly years without my sons or grandchildren nearby if my other son does the same.

• Prayers
Reactions: dayhiker
Upvote 0

NotUrAvgGuy

Jul 19, 2015
Boise, Idaho
Visit site
✟66,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I do fear it at times but logically I am not sure why. I am pretty much a homebody and an introvert. I love time alone. I am also not a big talker and when I do talk I prefer to talk about more intellectual things. So how would I fill my time with that person? I am used to living alone so having someone to share the household chores with is not important. I'm not into food so while I try to eat healthy I am a picky eater and hate to spend time on food and eating so having someone to cook/eat with is not important. I do enjoy affectionate but physical intimacy beyond simple affection does very little for me.

I still get lonely at times and wonder how I will fee when I retire and am really alone a lot? I've never had a lot of friends and don't care much for group activities. I can go weeks at a time and have no social contact. I don't think I have much to offer. Yet the women I have dated always praise me as having "so much to offer" and saying that "any woman would be so lucky to be with you." I appreciate those words but usually they are not the one because they did not feel a spark with me. On paper I was everything they wanted but they never felt that chemistry. I understand. I have a very narrow range of emotions. I don't "have fun" very much.

Upvote 0

Mydnyte

Dec 7, 2008
✟47,133.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
At this point I don't know. I really don't like being single and it's not easy trying to get through everything alone.

But on the other hand, I really don't know that I could be in a relationship right now or not. Honestly, I don't know that I could ever really trust anyone again in a relationship. I can't take another disappointment and I WILL NOT tolerate any further disrespect.

Reactions: Artanis
Upvote 0

Ronit

Jul 29, 2017
Oregon
✟34,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
No. And anyone that God paired me with, I assume, would be very much compatible or else it wasn't God that paired me with her.

Not sure of how someone gets paired with someone by God that they don't like or aren't compatible with. Are you talking about arranged marriages? Some sort of church process?

I have a greater fear of being with someone that I don't truly love and respect just so I won't be bored and lonely.
I Love Red Green!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Servant68
Upvote 0

Ronit

Jul 29, 2017
Oregon
✟34,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I used to. I used to be so scared of being alone for the rest of my days. I often wondered, with my sister now living her own life in another state, if my parents died tomorrow, what would happen to me?

I've never had dashing looks or a great body, at least that's the lie Satan always told me. But the Lord knows the desires of your heart, and if you ask him sincerely, you know he'll give him/her to you.

I still haven't met my wife to be (or ever been on a date for that matter) but I look forward to when I do. I'm sure that time is coming soon.
Wow Link! I'm new here. But what you said Describes me to a T! And I have to agree with everything you said. G-d will in his own time. It's hard for me to swallow but I just have to trust.
Thank you for your post, friend.
Your sister and everyone's sister in Christ-Yeshua Ha Maschiach
Ronit

Upvote 0

Artanis

Sep 14, 2017
Miskolc
✟7,823.00
Country
Hungary
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I have a greater fear of being with someone that I don't truly love and respect just so I won't be bored and lonely.[/QUOTE]

You really have no reason to fear that if you don't tell her you love her when you don't. That would be lying and emotional abuse and why would you do such a thing? Sex is not worth it. Not to mention fake marriage vows in front of God...I'm sure He is not happy with anybody vowing they love and respect their fiancé/e when they don't...

Reactions: JAM2b
Upvote 0